Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

A couple of weeks ago I moved my July 1 WDW reservation to August, but my fast passes are still there. Weird. I think Universal will be a better experience in July even if WDW opens July. I really want the world showcase to be open when I go. I may attempt to change my August vacation to September or October.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A couple of weeks ago I moved my July 1 WDW reservation to August, but my fast passes are still there. Weird. I think Universal will be a better experience in July even if WDW opens July. I really want the world showcase to be open when I go. I may attempt to change my August vacation to September or October.
In the other thread Martin hinted at EPCOT opening the same time as everything else so there‘s a good shot it’s open in August. :) Obviously no guarantee.

Bob Harlem

Mayor Demings has told CNBC he expects Disney World to submit plans next week - no time/date yet.

See the 4:25 minute mark -

Also he stated he approved Universal's reopening (He didn't say that in the meeting) and then sending it to the Governor in the morning who is sure to rubber stamp it.

Although I don't know what this means for the parts of Disney in Osceola county (Animal Kingdom)

lazyboy97o

Also he stated he approved Universal's reopening (He didn't say that in the meeting) and then sending it to the Governor in the morning who is sure to rubber stamp it.

Although I don't know what this means for the parts of Disney in Osceola county (Animal Kingdom)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is in Orange County. ESPN Wide World of Sports, the All Star Resorts and McDonald’s are the guest areas in Osceola County.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Ok. Now that Universal is opening in two weeks and WDW should be announcing their plan soon, all the public relations, economics, business and medical experts are really grinding my gears.

Miss Bella

In the other thread Martin hinted at EPCOT opening the same time as everything else so there‘s a good shot it’s open in August. :) Obviously no guarantee.
I was thinking more of the restaurants. The servers are college kids from different countries. Wouldn't they need to bring them back?

Miss Bella

View attachment 471696

This is how I feel. I'll continue to take precautions and do what I can but honestly if someone didnt read or watch news theyd probably think Corona is no more. Other than the theme parks only bars and nightlife around here seems to be shuttered. Everything else is business as usual.

Godspeed folks, hope for the best and prepare for the worst I suppose.
We spent the day looking for a new fridge. We visited all the big box stores and our local appliance stores. We also wandered into JC Penney to see if they were having a liquidation sale yet. Every store was busy. What was strange was Best buy was only open if you had a reservation. I thought it was weird with all their competitors having memorial day sales that they were still basically closed. I hope they make it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I was thinking more of the restaurants. The servers are college kids from different countries. Wouldn't they need to bring them back?
I was thinking that would be the biggest hurdle too, but if you go to this post from the other thread and read a few down it sounds like Martin is hearing it won’t be delayed opening.

I've seen this in multiple places, why does everyone assume EPOCT will be the last park to open? Honestly to me it seems like it should be the first park to open:

-Extremely large both in total acres and pedestrian path space
-Locals will most likely be the first guest returning, WS restaurants will make good money during this time compared to other parks
-Only park I could see having a night time show with social distancing due to extremely large viewing area
-No extreme high in demand ride (FOP, ROTR, peter pan) that will cause extremely long lines with the 6 foot rule.
-Tons of room for extended queues for almost all attractions
-No "interactive" rides that cause people to touch things (Buzz/TSMM)
-Most rides seem easy to social distance
--Omnimovers can easily load every other or every third
--Test Track and Mission Space 1 party per vehicle
--Frozen and Soarin get tricky

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wonder the truth in this?

Numbers are bogus because we don't know infection rates because we haven't had systematic randomized testing.

When only the sick were tested, the rate of positives were understandably high.

When more testing is done... who is the more being tested? More people with symptoms? Then both the absolute number of positives and the rate of infection go up. If the more people being tested are people who wonder if they ever had it and run out to a testing site, then that self-selects for a lot more negatives and the rate of infection goes down.

The only way to know the true rate of infection and the infectiousness of COVID is randomized testing of the general population. Only a few jurisdictions are doing that.

Until that happens, we only have the daily death rate to go by for the best picture of the infections.

Of course, if we do find good drugs that allow critical patients to survive... then even the death rate becomes less reliable.

We need systematic randomized testing of the general population to settle the infection rate mystery box.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Florida and Texas are flat and Georgia & Iowa have gone down based of Johns Hopkins numbers/New York Times

Well... I wouldn't characterize it as flat...

1590116195133.png

For some good news... New York...

1590116276024.png

5thGenTexan

that isn’t all I’m referring to. Texas is also doing targeted testing of areas where there has been a surge. They go in and test like crazy to control the spread. I keep saying this, but you/we need to drill down deeper into the numbers to get a better idea of what is going on. Also look at things like hospitalizations and the positivity rate.
As are people who fail to watch the total percentage tested. Texas is at 2.7%, the lowest of any state in the top ten for total cases. Makes you wonder how many cases they aren’t detecting...

I live in Grayson County Texas. the southern boundary of the county is about 45 miles north of Dallas. Our cases are growing every day, most of those are at the Tyson plant located in the middle of the county. I have no doubt there are more, and people are running around everywhere without masks and not really bothering to stay away from others.

1590118341061.png

1590118383333.png
1590118341061.png1590118383333.png

Hawg G

Well considering you can’t book hotel rooms, make dining reservations or buy tickets through July 1st, and they’re cancelling all reservations through at least mid-June so far, this likely won’t age well.

You, because when they do open, all restaurants will open at full capacity, and there is just no way Disney can get a lot ofd Dining reservations fast

Hotels are a whole other beast from theme parks. I do believe the hotel industry will continue to suffer. Thy will need a lot more staff for more thorough cleaning, which is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom