Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I've been booked at the Poly and Wilderness Lodge from June 9th to 20th.
If Disney doesn't want my business, I'm heading to Universal for the first time in years.
It's not that they don't want your business, of course they want it, but to me it still doesn't feel right to be a theme park in what is still a very volatile pandemic. I cancelled my September trip for various reasons (masks, watered down attractions, etc) and will wait until next year.

Last edited:

Mainahman

The loss of The college program, and Furloughs are what is likely the issue, but our #feaful leader Chapek cant get the stick out of his rear, or hes drooling over the money he will make off the NBA and MLB finishing the seasons there, using the hotels with the parks closed...

lilypgirl

I've been booked at the Poly and Wilderness Lodge from June 9th to 20th.
If Disney doesn't want my business, I'm heading to Universal for the first time in years.
Same ! If Disney isn't open for our July trip than our 2 day Universal trip before Disney will turn into a much longer one! We have one night booked there for the front of the line pass but will gladly stay on their property the entire time if Disney can't get it together or at least make some sort of commitment either way.

worldfanatic

If people don't want to go, they shouldn't go. Nobody's ignorant to the risks.
I've been going almost every year for 30 years.
But I took last year off, and I need my Disney. They could make me wear a spacesuit and I'd go.
But if I can't go there, Universal is a decent second choice.

trainplane3

To those that think this is too early, how about we just continue to live our lives in fear until a vaccine that we don't know the long term side effects for is available? If we're lucky, that vaccine won't take several decades. :rolleyes:

Not to mention only .4% of Americans actually have/had Coronavirus.
And here I thought you'd be pitching a...
Magical, Disney designed syringe containing the vaccine that would be included for only 4 easy payments of twenty four nintey-nine US dollars when you book your next Disney vacation.

I feel totally betrayed and crushed.

Rider

Same ! If Disney isn't open for our July trip than our 2 day Universal trip before Disney will turn into a much longer one! We have one night booked there for the front of the line pass but will gladly stay on their property the entire time if Disney can't get it together or at least make some sort of commitment either way.

Did Universal say anything about hotels? The news articles didn’t mention them and that link to the presentation says nothing.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

To those that think this is too early, how about we just continue to live our lives in fear until a vaccine that we don't know the long term side effects for is available? If we're lucky, that vaccine won't take several decades. :rolleyes:

Not to mention only .4% of Americans actually have/had Coronavirus.
I get this, I'm very much against the "shut down until September!!/2021!!/until a vaccine!!!" people, but we're only just seeing the efforts of all of our lockdowns and social distancing taking effect. I think we're jumping the gun and they should wait a little longer just for good measure. As another poster said, Universal is potentially stepping into a PR minefield to be the first to re-open, especially if we get a second wave and everything has to shut down again because we didn't do it for long enough in the first place.

A key thing to remember is the parks and everything else aren't re-opening because its safe, they're doing so to make money and so the state doesn't have to keep paying unemployment - even though a huge portion of the furloughed employees never got it.

Patcheslee

Wonder how Uni is going to handle Express Pass, many people stay at specific resorts for that perk. Virtual queue before you just showed your pass and went straight in.

Touchdown

I will not be “hiding” until a vaccine. I will not be doing incredibly risky behavior until I’m comfortable my chance of getting Covid is low. Here’s the way I see things currently:

-We just ignored guidelines done by a panel of experts and reopened prior to a two week down turn in new cases
-States that had opened early or never fully shutdown like FL, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Minnesota and Iowa are either seeing their case numbers increase or have been accused of manipulating data.
-Even with testing less then 5% of the population our new cases remain high (>20000 a day)

All this suggests to me that there is a high chance cases may spike in the coming weeks, I am not currently comfortable taking that risk. If numbers continue to down trend nationwide in June, I’ll reevaluate by self restriction on travel.

Notes from Neverland

Yet disney says they have no plans or dates to submit a plan, just means Chapek and his Cronies continue to drag their feet. Its really bohered me that he hasn't spoken up, even having to call Iger back in for additional help to guide, and nothing... give us our Mouse!!!!!
Maybe they're being patient and waiting to see how things play out over the next couple weeks? Sounds smart to me. Why be the guinea pig?

Touchdown

Wonder how Uni is going to handle Express Pass, many people stay at specific resorts for that perk. Virtual queue before you just showed your pass and went straight in.

Probably the same way they do it for Fallon, Express pass people get to walk up and join the short queue, non Express holders need to join virtual queue and wait to be called.

celluloid

Hotels will come more into play as guests further out come to stay. Another reason Disney on the scale of locals only struggles. Right now, it will be safety as well as the natural gradual progression of things continue to reopen.

Very impressive. Universal Orlando showing a lot of hard work in the short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom