Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So my two daughters went to Citywalk. At first they thought it was going to work, everyone good with social distancing. More CMs then guests. Everyone wore masks. But then things broke down. They ate at Margeritaville and then is when it downhill. They were given used menus, the service was terrible. The bathrooms are not open in the restaurant so how is anyone washing their hands? No hand sanitizer station you could buy some at the stores.

Really not surprised at the low standards of a place whose name is essentially "Drunky-ville."

TheDuke

I don't see how they can operate the parks requiring masks. This isn't wearing one for 20 minutes at the grocery store. They're presumably going to let you take off your mask in restaurants, so let's say someone eats lunch at noon and dinner at 7. That's 7 hours, a lot of which will be in 90ish degree heat, where you're not going to be able to have one drop of water because you can't take the mask off anywhere else in the park. People are going to pass out. They should open without masks or not at all.

TheDuke

I promise I don’t say this with malice, because I’m genuinely just curious, but how do you train a child to wear a mask in Florida heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day without being outside in the Florida of heat and humidity for 6 to 10 hours a day?

Stand them out in the hot sun all day long without water so they can learn to tolerate dehydration and heat exhaustion. It will build character and help them prepare for what Disney World might apparently be like in the near future.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It's strange how Shanghai is currently seeing temperatures in the 80's and high humidity yet we are not seeing photos of people passed out or dying from dehydration all over the interwebs 🤔
It is almost like they are superhuman and much more resilient than your average Florida park visitor. Or maybe the mask isn't as much of an issue as people are banging on about ...

Tony the Tigger

Just a thought...... how many people will be put off visiting Disney when rules, put in for THEIR safety aren’t enforced. No one has the right to put other people at risk and yes I guess I would be the one yelling and demanding that CM s or the Supervisors do their jobs. The mask is not intended to make you uncomfortable, though it probably will, nor is it a charade to show that Disney are following guidelines, it is to save people’s lives and to allow Disney to operate. I’m in the U.K. so don’t worry I won’t be a very efficient mask police.😷

I can’t even get idiots to walk the right way down a one-way aisle at the supermarket. They get all mad like they’re special.

Lilofan

Just because I think wearing a mask is unnecessary doesn't mean I won't follow the rules. I can promise you I won't be telling other people what to do. If Disney wants masks they are going to have be the ones to enforce it. I wish them luck.
Yes and I'm sure some fellow guests will help Disney enforce the rules by REMINDING fellow guests to put on their masks on guests who want to think about not obeying the rules. If you don't want to comply, please stay home or spend your money elsewhere.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How do you figure? Epcot runs at about 30% of capacity on a typical day. DHS and AK ran below 50% capacity on an average day for years before their recent revamps.
Perhaps the parks will begin by capping capacity at something substantially lower than 30%
Edit: if flight restrictions from Europe were eased, travel insurance would still be required to cover any medical emergencies and this statement would make it impossible to get insurance for a trip to WDW..
It is increasingly difficult if not impossible to get travel insurance now that covers Covid-19

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Shanghai Disneyland demographic's is different than WDW or DL's. They even have smaller seats on the attractions.
Yet again i ask for your point ? You can keep alluding to things all day but i am after a genuine logical response from you.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
WDW response could be different than Shanghai for multiple factors, one being the differing demographic and country (laws and culture).

You stated

Because they are. You kinda answered your own question lol.
Still doesn't explain why you went straight to the obesity statistics . Do facemaskes not work on larger people ? Do Americans have lower lung capacity than someone living in Shanghai ? is obesity directly linked to loss of lung capacity ? Just trying to get my head around your argument .

Lilofan

Still doesn't explain why you went straight to the obesity statistics . Do facemaskes not work on larger people ? Do Americans have lower lung capacity than someone living in Shanghai ? is obesity directly linked to loss of lung capacity ? Just trying to get my head around your argument .
Respiratory issues and obese people do pose breathing issues. Airway resistance is higher in obese people compared to slim persons.

John park hopper

Possibly the obesity post was alluding to the fact people who are over weight have a greater risk of negative covid out come

"Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of US hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions, which may suggest the role of hyper-inflammatory reactions that can happen in those with the disease".

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Respiratory issues and obese people do pose breathing issues. Airway resistance is higher in obese people compared to slim persons.
Possibly the obesity post was alluding to the fact people who are over weight have a greater risk of negative covid out come

"Doctors at NYU Langone Health center conducted the largest study so far of US hospital admissions for COVID-19, focused on New York City. They found obesity, along with age, was the biggest deciding factor in hospital admissions, which may suggest the role of hyper-inflammatory reactions that can happen in those with the disease".
Thanks for the sensible and more informative answers guys .

Giss Neric

I don't see how they can operate the parks requiring masks. This isn't wearing one for 20 minutes at the grocery store. They're presumably going to let you take off your mask in restaurants, so let's say someone eats lunch at noon and dinner at 7. That's 7 hours, a lot of which will be in 90ish degree heat, where you're not going to be able to have one drop of water because you can't take the mask off anywhere else in the park. People are going to pass out. They should open without masks or not at all.
Why are people always assuming people will pass out due to the mask? Are people that weak nowadays that they can't stand the heat?

Honey, I wore a mask for more than an hour straight. 1.5 hours at Costco which includes waiting in line outside to enter and paying. I never complained.

I never read or seen any reports from tropical countries where it's like Florida weather of their citizens passing out?

OR people are just using it as an excuse of removing their personal freedoms rather than wearing something to keep people safe? It's an attack on their freedoms and way of life.

Polynesia

Why are people always assuming people will pass out due to the mask? Are people that weak nowadays that they can't stand the heat?

Honey, I wore a mask for more than an hour straight. 1.5 hours at Costco which includes waiting in line outside to enter and paying. I never complained.

I never read or seen any reports from tropical countries where it's like Florida weather of their citizens passing out?

OR people are just using it as an excuse of removing their personal freedoms rather than wearing something to keep people safe? It's an attack on their freedoms and way of life.
None of the posters on here actually know how a mask will affect guests at WDW. it’s really just a talking point to discuss and they’re all making their own assumptions. Some guests may have zero problems adapting and others find it troublesome and can’t handle it. If those that are already upset and made up their minds it won’t work for them there’s a super easy solution. Just stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom