Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

natatomic

Oh look, the Shanghai opening and the park president NOT wearing a mask, but they expect their employees and guests to wear one. Like I said, it's easy to sit in your air conditioned office and tell others how to "be safe".

Every time I see this video, I’m just picturing all the tiny corona particles blowing out of those instruments onto everyone...🥴

Baloo62

Oh look, the Shanghai opening and the park president NOT wearing a mask, but they expect their employees and guests to wear one. Like I said, it's easy to sit in your air conditioned office and tell others how to "be safe".

Just curious...Anyone know who those characters are that follow Chip and Dale?

SoFloMagic

I’ve been saying this from the start of this conversation. It’s a huge risk to enforce a mask rule due to the possible PR backlash from a viral video. It’s also a huge risk to not require it and have a PR backlash from WDW being the start of a hot spot. I don’t envy the people making that decision.
Make the sheriffs do it

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's not uncommon for cast members to be assaulted over fast passes. It's a good way to ruin your $10,000 vacation with no refunds.
Of all the years I've been visiting I've never seen police or security detaining a person for assault over a FP. Not saying to doesn't happen, but I also have not seen anybody detained for face mask violation either.

My original question still stands. Does the OP think we will see Police and/or security stepping in for violations of face mask policy?

ThatMouse

I thought this was just a video from last year since none of the employees are wearing masks lol!

Incomudro

So, because this has never happened before and therefore there is no history of the results of actions we should do what, nothing? Yeah that's a sound strategy.

We're doing an awful lot, and we've been very successful in it.
The tremendous fears of what this outbreak could have become have not materialized.
In NYC for instance, the Comfort hospital ship has sailed away unused, and the hospital tent city is packing up.
We're doing things all across the country the likes of which generations have never seen.
I simply question the effectiveness of masks that are not N95 rated as used by the masses.
I believe they are essentially useless in doing what we are expecting them to be doing.

Disney Analyst

Everyone participating in the reopening show did not need to wear masks. All CMs working in the parks interacting with guests do. It's the same with face characters who will be away from guests, and those involved in outdoor stage shows also don’t require masks.

So let's calm it a little and understand what the requirements are and who requires them.

Incomudro

So, because this has never happened before and therefore there is no history of the results of actions we should do what, nothing? Yeah that's a sound strategy.

Imparting "safety measures" that require wearing something that can get exceedingly uncomfortable for the wearer - with no proof said measures work makes little sense.
Cloth masks are not designed to stop viruses, and they're not designed to be used in the way we are expecting them to be used.
Might they stop a little bit of something?
Yeah, maybe, possibly...

Lilofan

Of all the years I've been visiting I've never seen police or security detaining a person for assault over a FP. Not saying to doesn't happen, but I also have not seen anybody detained for face mask violation either.

My original question still stands. Does the OP think we will see Police and/or security stepping in for violations of face mask policy?
We have also seen if a fellow guest is making an unruly scene in front of others and cast cannot control the situation, armed deputies are brought in to help defuse the situation using their own means. If it's a physical assault then that's a no brainer.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Everyone participating in the reopening show did not need to wear masks. All CMs working in the parks interacting with guests do. It's the same with face characters who will be away from guests, and those involved in outdoor stage shows also don’t require masks.

So let's calm it a little and understand what the requirements are and who requires them.

Eh... it’s a good point. The president of a theme park sets an example for everyone.

We have seen if a fellow guest is making an unruly scene in front of others and cast cannot control the situation, armed deputies are brought in to help defuse the situation using their own means.

I’ve seen it go both ways. At the ttc, 2 families got into a loud verbal fight and armed security was there in about 30 seconds. At the magic kingdom Starbucks it took a good 2 minutes for the area manager to arrive.

Obviously at Disneyland toon town, the security response was not particularly quick.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Remember when we were told masks were not useful? Ahh, those were the days. Lol.

Anyways, I think there will be many components to WDWs opening plans than masks that will be much more important safety wise. The masks just get all the “press” for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom