Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanual757

I think they were off the charts if they were being tracked earlier in the year. Many articles now claim the virus was here early January and perhaps even before. It’s been circulating before the March shut downs.

I believe so hell several in my office were sick in February 1 was in the hospital, the other home for 7 days I was sick but a little worse then the common cold and not as bad as the flu.

corsairk09

Disney means business. My FPs and dining reservations for the week of 5/25 have been yanked. Ouch! I get it. Trip isn’t happening. Well, they should be open in the fall.
That is what I thought too.... but then why only extend tickets set to expire June 30th to July 31st?!?! Nothing they are saying/doing is pointing to anything consistent. I just need answers :(

CLEtoWDW

Florida continues to run at a sub-10% positive rate which is a really good sign. Perhaps the virus doesn’t transmit very well in warm weather? 🤔

This is a great sign for the future reopening of the theme parks. If these rates continue for another week or so I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney World reopens with only minor restrictions and protocols.

Attachments

• 53A1D6EB-D8ED-4DEE-B565-53FF7F8B806C.jpeg
    53A1D6EB-D8ED-4DEE-B565-53FF7F8B806C.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 56

GoofGoof

Premium Member
14.7% unemployment rate announced. Worst since the Great Depression. I really hope these job losses can be recovered quickly.
Some will and some won’t. Take WDW as a good example. As soon as the parks re-open a large number of CMs will be back to work, but not all and maybe not at full hours or OT they were getting. It may take 6 months to a year or longer to get back to pre-Covid crowd levels. Other businesses will be similar. That doesn’t count places that never re-open. The main positive thing we have going for us is less than half the economy is shuttered right now so between the stimulus checks and the half that are still working there’s going to be some pent up money and demand for stuff once people start coming out. That should be a shot of adrenaline for the economy. Restaurants, retail stores, tourism, these are all the most deeply impacted and also the things people spend disposable income on quickly. It’s harder to bring back more capital intensive things like factories once they shut. A vaccine in the next year would also be a big deal.

Patcheslee

Cedar Fair has updated Cedar Point and Kings Island covid announcement.
Big kicker special events cut and Cedar Point 150th Anniversary Celebrations postponed to next year. :(

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Florida continues to run at a sub-10% positive rate which is a really good sign. Perhaps the virus doesn’t transmit very well in warm weather? 🤔

This is a great sign for the future reopening of the theme parks. If these rates continue for another week or so I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney World reopens with only minor restrictions and protocols.
That might be true for smaller attractions or parks that mainly cater to locals. If you look at some of those states with higher rates they are some of the main areas of the country that WDW depends on for customers. Disney can’t open the parks with minor restrictions while there’s still areas like that. When the vast majority of the country gets to the point they are looking pretty good then it’s possible to consider that kind of opening. It won’t be in another week or so.

ToTBellHop

Sign at the entrance merely says, “For your safety, you should not lick the handrails, but we won’t yell at you if you do.

No ice or Death Star strollers.

Have a MAGICAL day!”

Phil12

I have read all 1125 pages, you guys are very entertaining.

As for the masks, I am in the no way do I want to wear one camp. But, I will if it means getting to go to the Magic Kingdom now rather then later.

The positive news about all of this is, we have read the news report that the "Experts" saw Disney not opening until 2021. We now know that they are idiots. I believe that we will all be walking down Main Street in June. If I get sick, oh well, then I stay home, in bed, and binge watch TV. Now, if I had one of the underlying conditions, then I would in no way go until it was safe.

We are American's we can make up our own minds, let us.
You may indeed have one of the underlying conditions and not even know! High blood pressure is a serious risk factor if you get COVID-19. And about half of all adults in the USA suffer from hypertension and half of them are undiagnosed. That amounts to about 51 million people. And that's the reason why high blood pressure is called the silent killer.

WDW_Emily

Posting here as well as the thread I created: June/July trips check your email for a survey from Disney! Parks may or may not open but here are some of the survey questions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.21.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.21.14 PM.png
    289 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.22.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.22.28 PM.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.24.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.24.11 PM.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.26.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.26.34 PM.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 110

Miss Bella

W
With less attendance in park(s), could be closing some resorts and filling up others?
It’s strange because there was a lot of availability when I was playing around with dates 2 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden nothing. It seemed to coincide with the NBA rumors that started April 30th.
I would assume they’ll offer me another resort if that ends up being the case.

Miss Bella

You may indeed have one of the underlying conditions and not even know! High blood pressure is a serious risk factor if you get COVID-19. And about half of all adults in the USA suffer from hypertension and half of them are undiagnosed. That amounts to about 51 million people. And that's the reason why high blood pressure is called the silent killer.
Hypertension is pretty easy to control with medication. It’s also pretty easy to find out if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom