Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanual757

But that is what anyone who understands business KNEW would happen. A company is responsible for their employee’s safety. They can require THEM to wear masks, gloves, clean, etc. if not, hit the road. But any frequent visitor knows Disney enforces very few rules on guests. And to think Mickey would toss out a fAmily because they all decided to sit on a bench and have $30 worth of churros sans mask is preposterous.

Same with cleaning every ride vehicle every time. No store has to do that now. some, like Costco, do clean carts, but not the WHOLE cart. Some have wipes, some just have their carts sitting there, uncleared.

My guess is busses, etc won’t have anything. PLANES don’t have any rules, and the FAA could have easily made some.

Florida is being rational with these rules which is perhaps a shock to folks only getting a heavily biased/political view of this virus, and it’s true impact on the US outside of the greater NYC area and nursing homes.

Jetblue announced to day all passengers flying are required to wear facemasks. Also airlines use a fog machine after every flight to spray every inch of the cabin, and cleaners follow behind them to wide down all seats,m window shades, tray tables, arm rests, backs of seats, air vents, and bathrooms.

I fully expect more airlines will follow after all crew members can wear masks if they want.

Seanual757

Memorial Day is way too early. June 1st seems to be the target but even I believe that is way too early.

I understand wanting to open back up ASAP...but be smart, because if they aren’t we will be back to square one.

I think Universal will open up Memorial Day weekend, and Disney still 6/1 (parks and resorts) maybe the springs opens up a little earlier.

Seanual757

Memorial Day is way too early. June 1st seems to be the target but even I believe that is way too early.

Maybe mid-June early July is more realistic.

I understand wanting to open back up ASAP...but be smart, because if they aren’t we will be back to square one.

I think June 1 is a good date still gives Disney 33 days to get prepared plus 32 days for time to pass from today. Like it or not they are going to open, Florida is going to open this is life and or death for thousands of businesses to try and survive if they can.

Surferboy567

I think Universal will open up Memorial Day weekend, and Disney still 6/1 (parks and resorts) maybe the springs opens up a little earlier.

That 6/1 on Disney though isn’t official. They just are accepting reservations. Sure, that could mean something but the statement doesn’t give us a date.

icc2515

• Touchless hand sanitizer at each ticketing entry and turnstile
  • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ride/attraction entry and exit
  • Hand sanitizer at every table
  • Hand sanitizer at entry to be in plain visible sight
I just want to know where they are going to get all this hand sanitizer and for that matter face masks. Granger, Sams Club, GFS, and my local supply companies don't have any and can't even order any for my business. GFS and Granger say that it is all going to health care and government organizations (Police, Fire, etc). Next time I try to get some they will tell me that it is all going to theme parks. They might not open till 2021 if they have to get that much. 😜

Seanual757

I just want to know where they are going to get all this hand sanitizer and for that matter face masks. Granger, Sams Club, GFS, and my local supply companies don't have any and can't even order any for my business. GFS and Granger say that it is all going to health care and government organizations (Police, Fire, etc). Next time I try to get some they will tell me that it is all going to theme parks. They might not open till 2021 if they have to get that much. 😜

hey can get it if they already dont have it in stock the company I work for had a tona dn I
Disney magic, of course!

Pretty sure they have plenty in the warehouse.

I know my company has a ton of it

Kevin_W

My company just started production on 10,000 1-liter bottles per week of hand sanitizer in the UK. And we just made a 30,000-liter batch in Arkansas last week. With better packaging equipment, we could easily ramp that up to making that much weekly in the states. Figuring, conservatively, that you use 1-mL per time you sanitize, that's 30 million doses.

Again, being conservative, let's say you sanitized 30 times a day at Disney. Then that one batch we made is enough for 1 million guests. So I really don't think it will take that much for Disney to procure enough sanitizer. If my company is just now entering production and others are ramping up similarly, I'm sure the global production capacity is skyrocketing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Somewhere I picture a Mr Burns looking guy who owns the world’s largest hand sanitizer factory reading this and rubbing his hands together saying “Excellent”.
C7DF8B08-E52A-473B-8AD7-A6152E90769F.jpeg

Calmdownnow

If anything I think they will require quests to wear masks know children will be hard again as I posted before things will need to be tested to see what works and what does not.
I've seen comments elsewhere suggesting the children may not need to wear masks because there appears to be a relatively low infection rate. However, there is now concern in the UK that this may not be the case. Our Health Secretary this week wrote to all doctors warning them to be on the alert for cases similar to toxic shock syndrome in young children. The UK has had a spike in such cases and medics don't know if they relate to COVID, with the virus causing different symptoms in different age groups. This follows on from concern that the virus is hitting the under 50 age group via blood clots and heart problems rather than causing lung problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom