Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HongKongFooy

How much does 1,000 cases and 30 deaths traced back to Orange County (either one) cost you??

A nice looking chunk to defend the claims and absolutely nothing to payout.

This of course assumes Disney exercises reasonable care. Reasonable care, in this case, would be following or even exceeding minimum government stated derectives and guidelines(such as CDC).

Easy(or hard)as that, actually.

thomas998

I disagree...cause you’re forgetting about the lawyers...

How much does 1,000 cases and 30 deaths traced back to Orange County (either one) cost you??
I doubt the lawyers would have much of a case so long as Disney follows the guidelines issued by the government... the one problem they might have would be if Orange county said you could open but the state or fed said you should remain in lockdown... in that case the lawyers would be fighting over the dead bodies to sue if Disney ignored the state or fed... but if all three have said they can open then they wouldn't worry that much about guests suing.

Besides once Disney is open you'll have people open everywhere and viruses will be floating around everywhere so it would be next to impossible for anyone to prove Disney was the source of the infection. It isn't going to be like the legionnaires disease where the source could be traced back directly to an AC unit that was owned by Disney.

bryanfze55

thomas998

Shale is one of the worst things in the history of things. That is in my technical wheelhouse...trust me. It’s 100% about the science and it’s war with the green.

Ok...so I’m taking up a collection for shell and exxon now 😎

And the “demand” for oil has been 100% artificially controlled for a century or more. Don’t leave the truth out of that policy paper 😉
Oh you can find many more things that have been far worse for the world than shale oil... in fact shale oil's major problem aren't caused directly from the production of shale oil but rather are a result of the green weenies that force the producers to injected the fracking fluid back into the ground after it has been used for fracking.. Shale oil wells are deep enough they don't cause problems, but the injection wells where the producers inject the waste water aren't deep enough and do cause problems.

Lilofan

I doubt the lawyers would have much of a case so long as Disney follows the guidelines issued by the government... the one problem they might have would be if Orange county said you could open but the state or fed said you should remain in lockdown... in that case the lawyers would be fighting over the dead bodies to sue if Disney ignored the state or fed... but if all three have said they can open then they wouldn't worry that much about guests suing.

Besides once Disney is open you'll have people open everywhere and viruses will be floating around everywhere so it would be next to impossible for anyone to prove Disney was the source of the infection. It isn't going to be like the legionnaires disease where the source could be traced back directly to an AC unit that was owned by Disney.
Just the idea of being covid exposed at Disney, does not mean Disney has to prove their innocence in court. Defense lawyers are pros at the S word, -Settlement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

One thing I’ve learned is never doubt the legal profession.

And especially if you’re Disney...near
Completely dependent on perception.

“Multiple deaths linked to outbreak in Disney run college housing complex”

Calmdownnow

since it's been 2 weeks, do you know how many of those 43% later developed symptoms?
The study I read stated "although symptoms almost certainly developed later in some" (of those asymptomatic on testing) but didn't quantify. I haven't seen any up-dated info, but I suspect public health officials worldwide will be following any subsequent testing because of the size of the study group.

Calmdownnow

Which means it can only be used by healthcare providers and will not be useable once the pandemic passes unless the FDA give full approval. So not really going to be of any value to Disney in checking guests.
So why was the WH offering it to visiting Oil Industry Execs in early April, according to the press conference?

thomas998

One thing I’ve learned is never doubt the legal profession.

And especially if you’re Disney...near
Completely dependent on perception.

“Multiple deaths linked to outbreak in Disney run college housing complex”
Given they are thinking of lower capacity reopening and the unemployment rates are so insanely high in Florida right now, I wouldn't think they even need to open the college program just yet. They could probably get very cheap labor right now in their own backyard and not have to spend the money to open the housing complex.

Tom P.

Georgia to start lifting restrictions this Friday -

Gyms, bowling alleys, hair salons, barber shops, nail salons and other similar businesses can reopen statewide on Friday (they will need to comply with social distancing requirements and meet other safety standards). Elective surgeries will start taking place again. Some restaurants, theaters will be able to reopen with strict social distancing guidelines next week (bars and nightclubs will stay closed).

The statewide shelter-in-place order will expire on April 30 - the elderly and medically fragile patients have to shelter-in-place until May 13.

Anyone who thinks there will be social distancing when businesses re-open is deluding themselves. Do the governors really think they are going to start opening hair salons and bowling alleys and that people are all going to neatly stay 6 feet away from each other? It's not going to happen. Those places are going to re-open and people are going to treat things as business as usual from day one. How do I know? Because even in the midst of the peak of COVID-19 infections, people were doing it already in grocery stores, only distancing when physically forced to do so by barriers.

It may be that it's time to re-open those businesses. I don't know. But let's not be under any illusion that we are going to re-open things with people maintaining social distancing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One quick thought I just had...

One theme they repeatedly hit on in "The Imagineering Story" is the idea that the Disney brand has always been about quality, and quality of experience.

Thinking about how that translates to a potential limited reopening... if everyone has to wear masks, get a temp scan, no parades, no shows, no parties, no character greetings, no monorails, no ferry boats... is that the Disney "quality of experience" they'd be willing to risk opening for?

Maybe they simply wait a while, install some extra hand sanitizer stations, then reopen as normal.
I’m starting to feel the same way. Based on the stuff suggested in that other post it won’t be very magical. I still think some people will want to go but a lot will be displeased with things if they work out that way. People will go in with blinders on and then complain when they can’t ride half the rides or find a place to eat. There‘s no way people will wear masks in FL in the summer. If they decide to require masks I’d say October at the earliest.

DisneyDebRob

Friend just sent me this in picture form so I thought I would share.. please excuse the no link. Guessing Disney May send out something like it?
Most things we have mentioned here.
16AFCC50-36E4-44BA-B4E5-AEC360B03274.png
475D3127-67C3-4D17-A6CF-19F40340F934.png
7BF075DE-DDF4-4BAB-932D-017719BFF0FA.png

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Where is the fun in that? Conjecturing, hypothesising, theorizing, predicting makes for more interesting conversation.
As long as everyone plays nice.

Maybe we should take a moment to remember how we first came to this forum. Personally, I was looking for Disney discounts. and there used to be awesome thread with Disney recipes: zebra domes, Tonga Toast, the tropical juice they had at the Grand Floridian. Even if I never actually made zebra domes at home, it was fun to see all that goes into making them. Mmmm… zebra domes!

It is a little crazy that we should ever need moderators to break up discussions.

How does that silly little song go?

It's a world of laughter; A world of tears
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears.
There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware,
It's a small world after all..

It's a small, small world
There is just one moon, and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to ev'ryone.
Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Given they are thinking of lower capacity reopening and the unemployment rates are so insanely high in Florida right now, I wouldn't think they even need to open the college program just yet. They could probably get very cheap labor right now in their own backyard and not have to spend the money to open the housing complex.
Not now...

But soon enough. It’s part of their model now. I don’t see them opening soon...and if they do, they’ll have to ramp up fast.

Again, there is no money to be made with 10,000 people in the park no matter what they charge

thomas998

Not now...

But soon enough. It’s part of their model now. I don’t see them opening soon...and if they do, they’ll have to ramp up fast.

Again, there is no money to be made with 10,000 people in the park no matter what they charge
Makes me wonder what their idea of a lower capacity actually is. While I don't think I ever saw any official admission of what the limit was for the Mickey's Halloween parties actually was, I do recall a CM mentioning that they only sold 25,000 tickets for each day... of course that was about 10 years ago when the Halloween parties really did give you a lower than normal capacity... the last ones I've been to seem just about as crowded as a normal day.

I would kind of expect that the capacity of the parties and special events in the past is probably the minimum they could drop to and still make money. I can't imagine they were ever running those parties at a loss, or at least they never planned on running them at a loss in some of the earlier days years ago the park was insanely void of guest as I recall being able to ride Pirates with zero wait getting off and riding again and that was when Jack Sparrow was still popular, but also was during one of the earliest event days.

Given the total number of rooms available onsite at Disney is 35,969, and even if they only opened 1/3 or the rooms for business you are at almost 12,000 rooms then if you only assumed 2 guests per room which is probably way low you would be at 24,000 guests that would pretty much demand access to the parks... I can't see them limiting capacity to a level that might keep a hotel guest from the parks because the would really be upsetting your guests and result in lots of bad press... I could see it now on the news, couple spends thousand to take little Billy to Disney and they won't even let him into the park.

thomas998

As long as everyone plays nice.

Maybe we should take a moment to remember how we first came to this forum. Personally, I was looking for Disney discounts. and there used to be awesome thread with Disney recipes: zebra domes, Tonga Toast, the tropical juice they had at the Grand Floridian. Even if I never actually made zebra domes at home, it was fun to see all that goes into making them. Mmmm… zebra domes!

It is a little crazy that we should ever need moderators to break up discussions.

How does that silly little song go?

It's a world of laughter; A world of tears
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears.
There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware,
It's a small world after all..

It's a small, small world
There is just one moon, and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to ev'ryone.
Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide....
Are we sure that's the song we'll be singing? I propose the following song replace the original as it makes more sense today.

It’s a world of sickness
a world of death
It’s a world of mourning
and gasping for breath
There’s no hope for your sis
That we’re all gonna miss
It’s sad world after all.

It’s a sad world after all
It’s a sad, sad world.

You have just one life
and it’s over soon
And if you survive
you’ll be in financial ruin
Time to cry shed a tear
c'est la vie say good bye
It’s a sad world after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom