Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A look into what California is thinking -

"A decision to modify California’s stay-at-home order will depend on six factors, including widespread testing that would allow the state to trace contacts and isolate people exposed to the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday."

"In addition to developing widespread testing ability, Newsom’s criteria for restarting public life include:

• The ability for the state to care for older and medically vulnerable Californians, who are most at risk to severe effects from the virus, as they continue to isolate at home.

• The capacity for hospitals to handle a potential surge in patients.

• The identification of promising treatments.

• The development of guidelines for businesses and schools to allow physical distancing even as they reopen.

• The creation of a data-tracking system that provide an early warning if the state needs to reinstate a stay-at-home order."

Also more information in this Twitter thread -

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, the article I found said it was a 1000 bed field hospital, for the use of patients who still needed recovery time, but no longer critical, to keep hospital beds to clear. The quotes from the county health commissioner were along the lines of "I'd rather we have it and not need it, than the other way around."
The army corps, fema, city and state pulled that strategy off...its working. Thanks to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A look into what California is thinking -

"A decision to modify California’s stay-at-home order will depend on six factors, including widespread testing that would allow the state to trace contacts and isolate people exposed to the coronavirus, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday."

"In addition to developing widespread testing ability, Newsom’s criteria for restarting public life include:

• The ability for the state to care for older and medically vulnerable Californians, who are most at risk to severe effects from the virus, as they continue to isolate at home.

• The capacity for hospitals to handle a potential surge in patients.

• The identification of promising treatments.

• The development of guidelines for businesses and schools to allow physical distancing even as they reopen.

• The creation of a data-tracking system that provide an early warning if the state needs to reinstate a stay-at-home order."

Also more information in this Twitter thread -

It’s reasonable and brilliant.

The old saying is: “when the shooting starts, you want the smartest guys leading the columns”

Disstevefan1

I just posted in another thread how Movieweb came out with an article about an hour ago saying that domestic movie theaters are “hoping” to reopen by the end of July. And that’s a movie theater.

My money is on that WDW will be “open” on June 1. I am not sure what “open” means at this point as it applies to WDW but we will see what happens.

hopemax

The battle that’s brewing now...and the reason that the northeast and west coast declared their “independence” yesterday (I’m sorry...a brilliant tactical political move...but i’ll Not delve into it 🤭)...

Is that there’s a centralized “resistance” to an expensive, uniform testing strategy. But it has to be done.

This “shut up and open up...” strategy for money and PR will never get off the ground unless we all grin and bite the bullet to pay and implement the testing on a 100% basis. The longer it’s resisted...the more it costs.
What is weird is that there is also a mid-west coalition (ND, MN, WI, MI, and IL) and that's not really getting the press. But yeah, some regions have figured out there are steps that HAVE to be done, and they're going to need to get there, regardless of what the Federal mandates are or help they do or don't receive. Better to have a united front when the legal battles start being waged.

Polynesia

My money is on that WDW will be “open” on June 1. I am not sure what “open” means at this point as it applies to WDW but we will see what happens.
I agree. It may include masks and temperature checks. No one knows how this will play out really. We’re all just speculating.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What is weird is that there is also a mid-west coalition (ND, MN, WI, MI, and IL) and that's not really getting the press. But yeah, some regions have figured out there are steps that HAVE to be done, and they're going to need to get there, regardless of what the Federal mandates are or help they do or don't receive. Better to have a united front when the legal battles start being waged.
I expected as such to happen but I hadn’t seen it...thank you. The key rust belt states will go into one block or another as well. That is Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana...

I’d expect Nevada to quickly go with the west block and maybe Arizona, New Mexico as well.

What’s interesting is after Maryland and Virginia joins the eastern group - near inevitable - what a strange experiment in federalism we will then have?

Noting since probably the 19th century....

Fun times

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With some predicted reports that Florida will peak in a few weeks? And to open by June 1? I highly doubt it.
Remember a “peak”’is just that...the slope on the other side of the mountain is at least as long as the climb. The Washington model being relied upon assumed normalization after the death rate falls to 0.3% I believe...that’s not close at this point.

Last edited:

John park hopper

I expected as such to happen but I hadn’t seen it...thank you. The key rust belt states will go into one block or another as well. That is Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana...

I’d expect Nevada to quickly go with the west block and maybe Arizona, New Mexico as well.

What’s interesting is after Maryland and Virginia joins the eastern group - near inevitable - what a strange experiment in federalism we will then have?

Noting since probably the 19th century....

Fun times

The Ken Burns documentary on the Civil War many historians believed the Civil War marked the end of people identifying by their native State and we had become a unified country referring to us as Americans. The age of Federalism was born. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The old saying is: “when the shooting starts, you want the smartest guys leading the columns”

1586896016597.png

Case in point. Last in his class.

Dubman

I agree. It may include masks and temperature checks. No one knows how this will play out really. We’re all just speculating.

How long till they come out with Disney themed N95 masks? I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate RFID tech into them and call them MagicMasks... Far fetched?? Let's nail this copyright now!! 😂

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Ken Burns documentary on the Civil War many historians believed the Civil War marked the end of people identifying by their native State and we had become a unified country referring to us as Americans. The age of Federalism was born. Will be interesting to see how this plays out
Ok...I gotta stop...but for 25 years manipulators have started this/stirred the pot to benefit from
Tribalism...now the torpedoes are turning back against that boat.

Ok...back to throwing darts at the “opening date” sweepstakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom