Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

18997889-DE26-4011-A080-1DBACF3262EE.jpeg
A little funny for the morning.. if it wasn’t so true. 🙂

The Mom

Premium Member
I just read your article, “Latest COVID-19 models move the peak impacts in Florida to mid-April as Disney continues to look towards reopening”. I am really concerned about these types of posts especially from a group as respected as WDWMagic. I encourage people to remember that these are all “models” and they are frequently changing. It is also important to remember that what comes up and peaks needs to come down. I am concerned with these types of postings that people are not getting the true nature of this pandemic or the road back to some type of resumption of normalcy. This “model” is based off of current behavior. If people start behaving differently, the model will change yet again. As much as I am hoping that we can resume our trips to Disney as soon as possible, the Disney company as well as us all have a responsibility of addressing our entire population at this time...both in the US and globally.

Most posters know that these models are just that - models. Models that will change repeatedly before this is over.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I just read your article, “Latest COVID-19 models move the peak impacts in Florida to mid-April as Disney continues to look towards reopening”. I am really concerned about these types of posts especially from a group as respected as WDWMagic. I encourage people to remember that these are all “models” and they are frequently changing. It is also important to remember that what comes up and peaks needs to come down. I am concerned with these types of postings that people are not getting the true nature of this pandemic or the road back to some type of resumption of normalcy. This “model” is based off of current behavior. If people start behaving differently, the model will change yet again. As much as I am hoping that we can resume our trips to Disney as soon as possible, the Disney company as well as us all have a responsibility of addressing our entire population at this time...both in the US and globally.
I understand and completely agree with your sediment, but it's ok to report the news as it stands today and not hide potential "rays of light" which is how I view this. This won't change the fact that I am working from home until May 1st at the earliest and that I sheltering in place for a few more weeks.

Disstevefan1

This may be a ridiculous question, but I'm wondering what are the odds Haunted Mansion stays closed for a while after the park reopens? It dawned on me yesterday that an attraction making light of death may be a bit inappropriate for a while. If some of the other indoor attractions are closed I suspect it could go down with those.

Bobby, thanks for the trial balloon, please keep the Haunted Mansion open, doing normal things like visiting the Haunted Mansion while at WDW helps for everyone feel normal.

RoyalPrinceLeon

That’s a good development. I see a lot of people here in Osceola county already wearing masks. We all need to do our part to help. Every positive step we take helps shorten the amount of time on lock downs and such.
In broward, I saw a huge number of people shopping with mask. And the cashiers are starting to use mask, which is hard cause they didnt want to think this was happening.

DisneyCane

Morning y'all. I just heard that Miami is requiring people to wear mask when going outside.
I think it's Miami Beach. I doubt anybody will fight it but I don't think they are technically allowed to order it because the Governor's "safer at home" order that everyone was clamoring for supercedes all local COVID-19 local emergency orders.

Polynesia

Bobby, thanks for the trial balloon, please keep the Haunted Mansion open, doing normal things like visiting the Haunted Mansion while at WDW helps for everyone feel normal.
It would be one of the attractions that would be easy to practice social distancing. Skip the preview and go straight to the doom buggies keeping your distance. Doom buggies never put strangers together either. Disney will have to find a way to keep social distancing in their ques. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

pdude81

This may be a ridiculous question, but I'm wondering what are the odds Haunted Mansion stays closed for a while after the park reopens? It dawned on me yesterday that an attraction making light of death may be a bit inappropriate for a while. If some of the other indoor attractions are closed I suspect it could go down with those.

I think it could stay closed early on because it's impossible to wipe down without shutting down the entire ride. Concern about people's feelings... not so much

Polynesia

I understand and completely agree with your sediment, but it's ok to report the news as it stands today and not hide potential "rays of light" which is how I view this. This won't change the fact that I am working from home until May 1st at the earliest and that I sheltering in place for a few more weeks.
We’re also following the guidelines set in place. But it is nice to hear some positive news regarding g this virus and the possibility of Disney’s reopening. Nothing wrong with trying to stay optimistic and look for the silver lining.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It says at the top of that page that the model assumes full social distancing through May. Disney isn’t even taking reservations until June 1 and that’s no guarantee that the parks will open then. I would hope nobody is still under the delusion that the parks are definitely opening some time in May. Anything is possible, but I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed. We really have no idea what’s going to happen next week let alone in June but the models do give us a basis fo discussion. The recent downward revisions also give us a little hope. No guarantees but it’s better than an upward revision :)

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure everybody is aware of the seriousness of the pandemic. Models help us gauge and put things into perspective. It also helps reassure that things are going in the right direction. Most of us Floridians are well aware of limitations of "modeling" for 6 months out of every year. We know "cones" can change and the data being provided relative to the pandemic can change as well (for the positive and for the negative). I don't think anyone is interpreting the current data as an "all clear" signal.

Lilofan

It would be one of the attractions that would be easy to practice social distancing. Skip the preview and go straight to the doom buggies keeping your distance. Doom buggies never put strangers together either. Disney will have to find a way to keep social distancing in their ques. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Actually the pre shows of many attractions I really enjoy. One of my favorite attraction pre shows is Muppet 3D at DHS. At the hallway entrance inside the pre show, there is a key hidden underneath the small carpeted rug!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
We’re also following the guidelines set in place. But it is nice to hear some positive news regarding g this virus and the possibility of Disney’s reopening. Nothing wrong with trying to stay optimistic and look for the silver lining.
Since we are trying to be optimistic, here are a few of my "silver linings" of this pandemic:

1) Social Distancing has given me an excuse to not have to visit, more challenging members of my family
2) I've realized the true value of lotion, as my hands are constantly raw now
3) Overall improved cleanliness from nearly everyone
4) I've learned to adapt to technology quicker

RoyalPrinceLeon

I think it's Miami Beach. I doubt anybody will fight it but I don't think they are technically allowed to order it because the Governor's "safer at home" order that everyone was clamoring for supercedes all local COVID-19 local emergency orders.
Yes, it's the beach. But that a smart move

Disstevefan1

Hey @realBobChapek you listening? This is a good idea, AND I bet the wait times go down!!!đź‘Ť

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom