For Disneyland APs who have paid in full -

EUoeyujXkAEwlVr.jpeg

Also added on WDW AP page -

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.21.13 PM.png

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I hope so as well. I just know financially they were not in the best spot before this.

Legoland is going to need to lean into locals big time. Their location is not the best and with dollars going to be tighter for tourism, less people are going to make a trek an hour away from WDW.

I love Legoland. It almost reminds me of a late 70's Disney. 1 Park, 1 Hotel (soon to be two). Good Value. It'd be a shame to see them go away.

Had a night in early May booked into the new Pirate Hotel. Another for September. I just rolled the May night over to September for 2 Night stay.

And I really hope Manny's Chophouse survives this. Even if its only the Winter Haven and Lake Wales locations.

Gringrinngghost

So, it’ll be interesting to see if the union gets paid and not furloughed, that is if the negations which I’m assuming starts tomorrow and they agree to be paid. That’s going to leave a very sour taste for non-union employees, just like how Disney used the one-time $1,000 bonus as a bartering chip. If the union remains to be paid, non-union employees will fight through hell to get their pay as there is going to be a double standard precedent yet again.

Furthermore, this doesn’t look good as they have been in the last 48 hours reported to have bought more land for WDW, and merely a year after they bought 20th Century Fox for 71.3 Billion, considering that Comcast who makes roughly 33% more has for the time committed half a billion dollars to pay employees with many executives forgoing their entire salary and not the average 20-50% that Disney is doing.

We are in for interesting times...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually, I read the link, and I’m familiar with the subject itself. I wonder if people realize that deferring money owed isn’t really the same as bringing money in. All it’s doing is pushing it off.. I also wonder if everyone realizes that a lot of bank owned mortgages are not actually FHA or federally backed. 🤷‍♀️

No. You're absolutely not going to get away with rewriting the history of what you wrote...

Sure you could defer for a few months and then pay at that time. The result is the same either way

You clearly are saying you have to pay up when the deferment ended, when the link very clearly and several times says the payment can be deferred several ways and even at the end of the mortgage period. That's a deferment that could be decades away, and not "at that time" when the deferment ends.

The article clearly says that the majority of mortgages are covered and for the minority that are not, some will and some are being 'encouraged' to do the same. So no that isn't "a lot of bank owned mortgages."

Saying that *you wonder* *IF* people "realize that deferring money owed isn’t really the same as bringing money in" is just a very odd supposition to make. Do you have any proof that people would make that wrong supposition? This is a theoretical case that has no bearing to what was brought up: people who have mortgages (owners and landlords) are generally not going to lose it all because they can't pay the mortgage.

But, valiant effort on your part for the attempt at obfuscation with a non-relevant and absurd theoretical that doesn't hide at all that you really didn't read the link.

rowrbazzle

Knew some who worked by Staples Center .The cops were overwhelmed by the residents. Enter the National Guard to restore law and order.

The Staples Center wasn't built until 1999.

Bringing in the National Guard seems like an awful solution, reserved only for the most extreme circumstances.

21stamps

No. You can "skip" 12 months and then add the 12 months to the end of your loan. Again. Doesn't work for everybody. But for some it does.

correct. It is for specific loan types, and it’s still simply deferring money. It will be a better option for some who can’t pay their bills at all right now, but they’re simply pushing the payments off to a later date, whether that’s a few months, or a year with a federal loan.. most likely the payments will never be recovered from a tenant if it ends in evictions.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I love Legoland. It almost reminds me of a late 70's Disney. 1 Park, 1 Hotel (soon to be two). Good Value. It'd be a shame to see them go away.

Had a night in early May booked into the new Pirate Hotel. Another for September. I just rolled the May night over to September for 2 Night stay.

And I really hope Manny's Chophouse survives this. Even if its only the Winter Haven and Lake Wales locations.

I helped open that park. Love it so much. It was crazy watching the park be put together. I had a great time there.

KineticMosaic

So, it’ll be interesting to see if the union gets paid and not furloughed, that is if the negations which I’m assuming starts tomorrow and they agree to be paid. That’s going to leave a very sour taste for non-union employees, just like how Disney used the one-time $1,000 bonus as a bartering chip. If the union remains to be paid, non-union employees will fight through hell to get their pay as there is going to be a double standard precedent yet again.

Furthermore, this doesn’t look good as they have been in the last 48 hours reported to have bought more land for WDW, and merely a year after they bought 20th Century Fox for 71.3 Billion, considering that Comcast who makes roughly 33% more has for the time committed half a billion dollars to pay employees with many executives forgoing their entire salary and not the average 20-50% that Disney is doing.

We are in for interesting times...

Ill bring it up again. I don't know if "Disney" as we know it survives this. Its looking ever increasingly like beyond just our normal everyday lives, some of the entities we've become accustomed to over the years will look very different once were out of this. And this was something I kept saying would never be totally affected.

21stamps

No. You're absolutely not going to get away with rewriting the history of what you wrote...

You clearly are saying you have to pay up when the deferment ended, when the link very clearly and several times says the payment can be deferred several ways and even at the end of the mortgage period. That's a deferment that could be decades away, and not "at that time" when the deferment ends.

The article clearly says that the majority of mortgages are covered and for the minority that are not, some will and some are being 'encouraged' to do the same. So no that isn't "a lot of bank owned mortgages."

Saying that *you wonder* *IF* people "realize that deferring money owed isn’t really the same as bringing money in" is just a very odd supposition to make. Do you have any proof that people would make that wrong supposition? This is a theoretical case that has no bearing to what was brought up: people who have mortgages (owners and landlords) are generally not going to lose it all because they can't pay the mortgage.

But, valiant effort on your part for the attempt at obfuscation with a non-relevant and absurd theoretical that doesn't hide at all that you really didn't read the link.

I encourage you to read further. Fannie May, Freddie Mac, FHA- these all have something in common, and it’s why they have the option right now. They do not hold all of the mortgages in this country.

The conversation was tenant and landlord and now some landlords will be facing double mortgages if own a rental, and tenants can’t afford to pay, which then ends in eviction later on.
Whether those 2 mortgages are paid this month, next month, in 3 months, or in 12 months with Freddie... it’s still 2 mortgage payments for the month/s.
The math doesn’t change, only the due date.

I hope that explains it for you.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
correct. It is for specific loan types, and it’s still simply deferring money. It will be a better option for some who can’t pay their bills at all right now, but they’re simply pushing the payments off to a later date, whether that’s a few months, or a year with a federal loan.. most likely the payments will never be recovered from a tenant if it ends in evictions.

Also, if pushed to the end, some lenders are still charging interest.

celluloid

Ill bring it up again. I don't know if "Disney" as we know it survives this. Its looking ever increasingly like beyond just our normal everyday lives, some of the entities we've become accustomed to over the years will look very different once were out of this. And this was something I kept saying would never be totally affected.

Possibly, but all major events and just the course of time do this. It does not mean it will not be resemblence with our rose colord glasses still enjoying the shell of it like people do say, The Jungle Cruise in its horrid condition. Or the few badly trained security guards and process that is still odd does not alter the entire experience, but it certainly changed things.
And if Disney gets their bail out, than it will be a lot easier for the company.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The conversation was tenant and landlord and now some landlords will be facing double mortgages if own a rental

Right. It depends on the situation. The landord lives somewhere. And depending on the type of mortgage they have.....They may or may not be faced with a "double mortgage". It's not a certainty that they will. I also think we are going to see adaptations to the aid being given.

Ex: - Right now you have a threshold of 100k for relief checks. Once the commissioned employees who made over 100k start to default on things there will be adjustments. I'd assume owners of secondary (rental) properties - will also be addressed - at some point.

Slpy3270

So Disney decided to raise cash via debt offerings and had their executives cut their salaries, and yet they're still furloughing non-essential employees?

How on Earth are they going to survive come summer? They wouldn't be furloughing employees if they don't think they'll lose ~$50-80 billion last quarter and this quarter combined.

And how can this not end with Disney selling off a lot of their assets? It's clear this is not going to be some short-term or near-term pain for the company. It'll be decades-long.

21stamps

Also, if pushed to the end, some lenders are still charging interest.

I’m not familiar enough with who is still charging interest on deferred payments, but that is definitely something to consider if someone is thinking about deferring. For some, they will not have a choice.. but for others who can try to make current payments, they should.

Right now you have a threshold of 100k for relief checks. Once the commissioned employees who made over 100k start to default on things there will be adjustments. I'd assume owners of secondary (rental) properties - will also be addressed - at some point.

The 100k-200k folks are the ones who I think are going to be hit extremely hard by this, and as a result, put the housing market and the entire economy in more danger.
I think the bill was so rushed that they just figured those people will last longer on savings and the govt can address the situation later on in if need be.
I think you’re correct, there will be a need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom