Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

This is the one that I see what I am grocery shopping. Not sure what the difference is.

or

I also saw a guy walking out side with a handkerchief tied around face.
Those masks are relatively useless for preventing the wearer from getting infected. They will help reduce the risk to others if the wearer is infected.

Any mask that doesn't noticably restrict breathing while you are wearing it isn't going to do much, if anything to prevent getting infected.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can’t find any sanitizer near me here in Florida. Luckily my daughter in Wisconsin found some and is mailing them to me. I gave up on trying to find wipes. If you can’t find toilet paper there’s baby wipes in a pinch.

Baby wipes aren't flushable, and that includes the ones that say they are.

Facial tissues are the next best thing if you flush them 'often'... don't sent a big pile of them down the toilet at once.

There's always the shower if you're at home.

Hopefully, once we're through this, it will teach Americans the value of bidets.

It's not about the crowds. That's a whole other conversation for another time. Trust me, the crowds aren't coming back anytime soon. Too many people are unemployed around the world right now, they just don't know it yet.

The issue for Disney is insurance. Good luck with that! They won't open unless they're covered, and no one is covering CV19 right now.
Disney, like most larger companies, are self-insured. They use companies to manage their risk, claims, processes, etc.

Lilofan

They are the ambulance chasers of today. I said a few hundred posts back about the lawyers on tv commercials before this started saying.. accident?... slip or fall? Etc. Now I’ve seen about 10 commercials where they just say.. fall in a supermarket? Get in touch with us! Unreal.
Almost every commercial on TV in our hotel room in FL was lawsuit this, lawsuit that, Morgan & Morgan... Seems like Florida is a lawsuit paradise.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Almost every commercial on TV in our hotel room in FL was lawsuit this, lawsuit that, Morgan & Morgan... Seems like Florida is a lawsuit paradise.

If I'm not mistaken, they have some of the friendlier districts to file lawsuits. There are some districts where it's very difficult to file lawsuits. All comes down to the judges.

DisneyCane

It's worse in Vegas. Watch any daytime TV while there and every commerical is drivetime, the money store or an accident attorney. Except if there is an upcoming election then throw in some political commercials.

The Mighty Tim

A bit off topic, but my husband is spending more time at home (he was already retired before CV-19) and tends to keep the TV on all the time.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit crass for all of the funeral homes, insurance for final costs companies, etc to have increased their air time this week? I know it's a golden opportunity, but still.........

It's not just the TV. Whilst reading this very thread, I've seen funeral adverts appear in between the posts and at the bottom of the page!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
From here (no pay wall)...

1585679634176.png

Polynesia

Those lawsuit commercials are on all the time. After awhile they’re easy to ignore. They all sort of blend together for me.

PeoplemoverTTA

I also saw a guy walking out side with a handkerchief tied around face.

My husband and I had a conversation recently where we talked about what we would do if one of us became sick. Our house is small, one bathroom, so aside from quarantining, we want to be sure that if one of us gets sick, we are as careful as possible when leaving the quarantined room to use the restroom.

Since we don't have any masks, we decided that we'd use handkerchiefs (or even just hold an old t-shirt over our face) to prevent any cough or sneeze escaping and increasing the risk of transmission.

It sounds stupid, but we definitely want to minimize any risk if Heaven forbid one of us becomes ill.

It's becoming all-too-real now as my brother in law (44 years old) is COVID-19 presumptive (since we have a shortage of tests here and only healthcare workers and their families are being tested right now). Thankfully we haven't been around him since March 7, but it is just hitting closer to home now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Holland America ships still have no place to dock as they head towards Florida -

"We cannot afford to have people who are not even Floridians dumped into South Florida using up those valuable resources,” DeSantis told Fox News. “We view this as a big big problem and we do not want to see people dumped in Southern Florida right now.”

Here's the message from the President of HAL -

DisneyCane

From here (no pay wall)...

View attachment 459811

That's because China's data isn't real. The reports out of Wuhan of there being 40,000-45,000 deaths vs. the 2,500 or so that China claims for that city are probably MUCH closer to reality. I don't think anybody (even inside China) believes their data.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
My husband and I had a conversation recently where we talked about what we would do if one of us became sick. Our house is small, one bathroom, so aside from quarantining, we want to be sure that if one of us gets sick, we are as careful as possible when leaving the quarantined room to use the restroom.

Since we don't have any masks, we decided that we'd use handkerchiefs (or even just hold an old t-shirt over our face) to prevent any cough or sneeze escaping and increasing the risk of transmission.

It sounds stupid, but we definitely want to minimize any risk if Heaven forbid one of us becomes ill.

It's becoming all-too-real now as my brother in law (44 years old) is COVID-19 presumptive (since we have a shortage of tests here and only healthcare workers and their families are being tested right now). Thankfully we haven't been around him since March 7, but it is just hitting closer to home now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom