Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What’s up with this ‘Green Shanghai QR code’ stuff? I’m guessing that’s linked to the extensive Chinese contact tracing effort?

Do we have any insider information on how they plan to open / operate the park? Full menu of attractions or highly limited?
No clue. I just clipped it off their site. I can’t imagine them requiring everyone to were masks when WDW re-opens. That’s way more socially acceptable in China. I think it would freak people out here.

Jwink

They own a % of Shanghai. Tokyo is a pure licensing agreement but it’s still good money coming in with no real expenses. They have no operational control of the parks but they do have creative input and all new attractions go through Disney Imagineering.
So maybe it will help retain!

drizgirl

So some of you might be familiar with me. I expect many are not. I’m a family doc in Michigan and have been a member of this community for 15 years. I’m an owner of many primary care clinics in my state and we decided to close our offices to patients on Monday to help contain the spread. We’re doing all virtual visits now. We’ve done everything right and have been “ahead of the curve”. For the past couple of days my wife has developed progressively worsening symptoms of covid 19. She is unable to be tested because she does not meet criteria but was told to self quarantine. This evening I started coming down with symptoms. We have two children, one a tween with type 1 diabetes and a full blown teenager, both of whom are wonderful. We followed all guidelines and I bought n95 respirators for all of us a month ago because of my daughter. We expect the best outcomes and my hope is in 2 weeks I can post here and say we are all heathy and immune now. I’m posting this because this is no joke. I pray for our health and the health of all my patients and all of you. Hopefully in three months we can all celebrate the major discounts Disney is offering and how ROTR is super easy to get a boarding pass. God Bless all of you and my family.
Prayers for a full recovery for your family.

And I will add that's it's disgusting that apparently anybody in the NBA can be tested but you (a caregiver) and your family apparently cannot.

Last edited:

ELG13

So a liquor store is “life sustaining” but a specialty food store isn’t?
Yes. People would rather spend $8 on a bottle of vodka than $8 on a loaf of bread 😁 seriously though....when we have hurricanes my husband will buy a few cases of beer and they all have coupons for a free case of water with it. Things don't always make sense in the midst of chaos.

techgeek

No clue. I just clipped it off their site. I can’t imagine them requiring everyone to were masks when WDW re-opens. That’s way more socially acceptable in China. I think it would freak people out here.

I googled and got this NYT story...

... and it's... quite interesting in some ways, and quite disturbing in many others. But it does give a glimpse into the extent China has gone to achieve their apparent success in controlling the numbers.

Regarding masks, I don't know if we will ever be comfortable with them here, but if they become 'required', especially by private businesses, then that's obviously a strong motivator.

ImperfectPixie

... and it's... quite interesting in some ways, and quite disturbing in many others. But it does give a glimpse into the extent China has gone to achieve their apparent success in controlling the numbers.

I don't know if we will ever be comfortable with masks here, but if they become 'required', especially by private businesses, then that's obviously a strong motivator.
That's very frightening.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So a liquor store is “life sustaining” but a specialty food store isn’t?

No the liquor or "states" stores are closed, can not even buy online! Beer distributors are open and considered "life sustaining" so you can get Coors no problem, wine is available but needs to be purchased at limited quantities at a grocery store. Vodka and other spirits not available at all. Now do we all see why PA needs liquor privatization? Lol

MrHappy

Yes. People would rather spend $8 on a bottle of vodka than $8 on a loaf of bread 😁 seriously though....when we have hurricanes my husband will buy a few cases of beer and they all have coupons for a free case of water with it. Things don't always make sense in the midst of chaos.
Heck, I was astonished and pleasantly surprised when I made a life saving (3 elementary kids with the social distance school) trip to my local package store. When I arrived, they were open, but doors locked. Rather, a sign with phone #'s to call for curbside drop off. So great, a sign of American injunuite at work. On the positive side of this schits, here's one. Oh.....the planet too

So, yeah. Keep your heads up.
Queue TuPak

TrainsOfDisney

Regarding masks, I don't know if we will ever be comfortable with them here, but if they become 'required', especially by private businesses, then that's obviously a strong motivator.
That's very frightening.

This is beyond scary.... what’s to keep the USA from doing the same thing? It doesn’t have to be voted on if it’s for national safety during a national emergency does it?

MrHappy

This is beyond scary.... what’s to keep the USA from doing the same thing? It doesn’t have to be voted on if it’s for national safety during a national emergency does it?
The only purpose and truth of China should be the examination of deceased for medicine. Other than that....I think they suck. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom