Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Pakistan is using the DisneyCane method of letting life go on as it is, get everyone infected and isolate old people.

Only because they can't afford to do otherwise. To quote the prime minster, Imran Khan, "We did consider shutting down cities when we were at 20 cases ... but I want to tell you all that Pakistan does not have the conditions that are in the United States or Europe. Our country has poverty."

21stamps

As his own words indicate, he is discussing approaches that are not being taken or considered, even though he wishes they were. For example:

A principle that has a different definition to whomever spouts it and has a completely different economic and societal impact on how it is implemented. Hence the conversation about "how to do it" and "what are you actually achieving". Not sure why that is a controversial stance to want to get specific answers to those questions.

I’m seeing a person who’s discussing what course of action and what risk.

I’m not him though, so I’ll let RobWDW have that convo with you if he chooses.

ImperfectPixie

Make me the third for this one. I think all places are having some trouble with people not following the rules, but most (not all, but most) of the pictures I've seen showing people flouting the guidelines were taken in major cities. I don't know if going out is just a bigger part of life in these areas or what.
Our town is VERY spread out and covers tons and tons of land...it'll be interesting to see how this plays out around here as there are areas that are like mine - very woodsy (or beachy) and less populated, but there are also small pockets that are nearly as densely populated as just outside the city.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Make me the third for this one. I think all places are having some trouble with people not following the rules, but most (not all, but most) of the pictures I've seen showing people flouting the guidelines were taken in major cities. I don't know if going out is just a bigger part of life in these areas or what.

Which is why I think the only way people are going to obey is a forced National Lockdown. Which is really going to ____. Or alternatively they start throwing around the "M" Law phrase (like the governor of California has). The "conspiracy" dudes must be having a field day.

LittleBuford

Gov. Gavin Newsom on Sunday called for 5.3 million senior citizens and others at risk to stay home in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.

The call for home isolation also extended to people with chronic conditions that make them vulnerable to the virus.

Indeed. We have similar advice in the UK. But this is in addition to larger social-distancing measures, not instead of them. You yourself have made clear multiple times that the approaches you favour aren't being considered by experts and governments. I don't know why you're now pivoting.

Calmdownnow

Which is why Florida is lucky. Not trying to be partisan nor political here. Just stating the facts.

Florida is not in the "lucky" category, it is in the "endangered" category because of the age and health profile of residents. It is also in the economically threatened category because of the hits on cruise, theme park and tourism businesses. Just stating the facts and my observations.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobWDW1971

As his own words indicate, he is discussing approaches that are not being taken or considered, even though he wishes they were. For example:
People aged over 70 in Britain will be asked to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for up to 4 months under a radical new plan to prevent them from catching the coronavirus.

RobWDW1971

Northam also asked all Virginia residents over the age of 65 to self-quarantine. Public health experts advise that individuals with underlying medical conditions and those aged 65 or older are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Northam encouraged neighbors and friends to stay in touch and regularly check in with high-risk individuals.

LittleBuford

People aged over 70 in Britain will be asked to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for up to 4 months under a radical new plan to prevent them from catching the coronavirus.
Yes, I know. I just posted about it:
Indeed. We have similar advice in the UK. But this is in addition to larger social-distancing measures, not instead of them. You yourself have made clear multiple times that the approaches you favour aren't being considered by experts and governments. I don't know why you're now pivoting.

RobWDW1971

I've mentioned Pakistan a bunch of time and you continue to dodge what they are doing.
Uh, OK, I wasn't engaged with you, sorry to offend, but what is your point about Pakistan? Have they identified exactly what the cost of their actions are and exactly what results they are expecting? I haven't seen that, but would certainly love to review it to understand their goals.

Lilofan

Northam also asked all Virginia residents over the age of 65 to self-quarantine. Public health experts advise that individuals with underlying medical conditions and those aged 65 or older are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Northam encouraged neighbors and friends to stay in touch and regularly check in with high-risk individuals.
A number of politicians in Washington live in affluent areas of Northern VA. Are they the exception? A number of them are over the age of 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom