Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyboof

I’m enjoying the resort hopping today!
FF044825-26D9-411D-94B0-265E75D3602E.jpeg

The “internal shuttle” resort buses are as detailed, you just request the hotel and they’ll take you there!

nokahoma

You do realize that even if you are stricken with this the vast majority of people experience mild to moderate symptoms. Many people may have already been infected and not even realize they had this.

And this is exactly why social distancing is vital right now. The infected may not show symptoms and think they don't need to avoid crowds, and then wind up infecting people who will be far more susceptible to it. It's selfish to think that just because you are't actively sick you can still move about like there's not a pandemic going on. Everybody needs to stay out of the public as much as possible until this has passed.

21stamps

Maybe you could go at this from another angle and say you expect a discount because you're buying their time in bulk - that it made sense to pay more for shorter spans of time when they had to deal with getting there and dealing with the settle down period and the free time they would have to themselves when it was only for a couple of hours but now that the travel and settle periods will be the same but the time they'll have to themselves is greater, you don't think it's worth as much.

I quoted thus section, because that’s exactly how I pitched it. Three weeks minimum, paid cash upfront, provided drinks snacks and meals of their favorite items, Use of a desktop and printer for their schoolwork if needed, uninterrupted time while they are doing their schoolwork.
Oh, Also a basketball court, trampoline, and soccer net that they can use at any time.
I have to put this out of my mind now, For the good of my own mental state and everyone who has to read this ;). I’ll re-check my email in a couple of hours. I can’t think about it any more.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Oh I’m all set - I’ve been stocking up for a few weeks 👍 I feel like the little pig whose house is made of bricks, because none of my family or friends listened to me a few weeks ago when I recommended they start picking up a little extra of things, “just in case.” Now they’re all scrambling 😞

I don’t understand how stocking up relates to restaurant closures. Stores are still open where you are, yes?

Isher

and many of them may work part-time at their colleges or fast food, etc. My son was making $8.50 an hour with no experience at taco bell. He is pt in college, and pulling in $400 a week pt.
So they may also be out of work, and trying to replace their normal income, since many jobs are closed.
Many teens and college kids don't work for fun, they work to pay bills as well. College isn't cheap.

Your son is working at Taco Bell PT for $8.50 an hour and bringing home $400 a week? Does that math work?

Lora Baines Bradley

Hang in there—there’ll be future opportunities. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience, and I’d like to thank you, together with any other CMs reading this, for making things so magical for us guests. I hope you’re back in our beloved World before too long.

Thank you. I’m hoping this is the case. It’s been a long few days. But I will say the CMs working yesterday REALLY made the magic- they unblocked HS for CPs, had a mickey m&g in cast services, and a lot of CPs were able to get on Rise.
I'm so sorry. :( I hope you're able to come back eventually.
Me too! I loved making magic even though I was only QSFB.

Last edited:

21stamps

@21stamps , I mean this with all genuiness and sincerity, would you please consider starting your own thread RE: Coronavirus and babysitting and let this one return to Coronavirus and WDW. Thanks for your consideration.
Thanks, but no need. :) See below
I have to put this out of my mind now, For the good of my own mental state and everyone who has to read this ;). I’ll re-check my email in a couple of hours. I can’t think about it any more.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@21stamps , I mean this with all genuiness and sincerity, would you please consider starting your own thread RE: Coronavirus and babysitting and let this one return to Coronavirus and WDW. Thanks for your consideration.
Yes please - lets start a new thread for that. I understand there will always be some off-Disney discussion in a thread as broad as this, but we need to try and keep it as focussed as we can to the virus and WDW. Head to Chit Chat or Politics/Social if you want to get into the more social aspects that surround the subject. Thanks

21stamps

On a Disney note, is there an ETA for an announcement to be made, or has anyone received an email regarding April? My family has not received anything as of yet. Check in is 4/19.

Lilofan

Corona or not when areas in hotels or parks are occupied or not, it sure gathers dust and dirt so a good cleaning prior to re-opening is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom