Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Except now it’s becoming clear people can be reinfected and the infection is worse. Also that you can spread the virus many days after you are symptom free. So now they’re rethinking their whole strategy.

S'nopes...

The extremely few situations where *it seems* reinfection occurred are not proof positive. It could be a fault with the tests or other unusual circumstance:

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases who is for many Americans the most familiar source for information on the coronavirus disease (due to his numerous appearances at government press conferences and cable television news reports), told Congress that he felt it was unlikely anyone could become reinfected by the virus: “We haven’t formally proved it, but … if this acts like any other virus, once you recover, you won’t get reinfected.”

techgeek

That’s fair enough but it’s just not how things work. There are plenty of examples when the government needs to take action without presenting all of the facts or evidence publicly. It’s not just government officials though for this. It’s health experts, epidemiologist, lifetime CDC and department of health officials who aren’t political. It’s also governors from both parties in over half the states now too. There could be some monkey see monkey do with decisions but it’s hard for me to believe all of these people are either misinformed or colluding together. I also have not seen any reports from any reputable sources disputing the talking point on lack of icu capacity and ventilators. If the info was wrong wouldn’t somebody (outside of this forum or facebook) be jumping up and down talking about it. I admit I haven’t tuned in to “mother ship” lately to see what the dialog is like there, but last time I checked they weren’t even talking that way.

This is also certainly the first time in, well, our lifetimes at least but possibly the first time in human history we are seeing such immediate, decisive, and unified* behavior from every. single. country.

When was the last time you saw communist, fascist, democratic, monarchies... large, small, island nations and world leaders alike... diverse and ancient religions, every single Fortune 500 multinational business... all are following the recommendations of science and public health experts that are mostly beating a unified and alarming drum. It’s completely inconceivable they have all gotten it so completely wrong so as to convince all of these disparate leaders to willingly take the monumental actions being taken.

* mostly unified. Some differing policy approaches , but all are taking action. No one at all is sitting on the fence, even if they are spouting political rhetoric, the actions are in line.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Made this petition to rehire the Epcot talent they fired today. Please sign and Share! http://chng.it/hMWNJ2Dgyx

Ummm... actually... I never liked any mime act that used whistles "to talk." I understand it's meant to overcome the language barrier, but aside from initially gathering a crowd, the non-stop whistle was just darned annoying to me. The Chinese Acrobats never needed it.

Also, hate all all-drumming shows. The Japanese drummers and Jammitors could go away completely, AFAIC.

This is an opportunity to bring in newer, better acts while avoiding these kind of protests.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nobody on this forum had provided ample facts because the facts that are needed have not been published or disseminated.

You have this mindset that we have no data because it's not being computed the way you think it should be.

When they go from people that are positive... to how many need more advanced care.. they don't need US-specific numbers to know what those trends are. The virus isn't checking passports...

The trends of 'sick -> more advanced stages' is not something bounded by political boundaries. They have data to suggest reasonable models. What differs more is the ability to treat, and how bad tranmission is -- because those are actual areas influenced by our areas and resources. How many go from sick to really sick.. is not.

Josh Hendy

It is not to early to point fingers directly at China and their handling of the initial outbreak
I'm with you on that. To give another instance, announcing that it definitely came from the exotic food market, and punishing people for promoting eating bats. Then demolishing the market. Then starting this bizarre story that it was deliberately introduced into Wuhan by the US army.

Lots of other countries also deserve lots of blame. Especially for not getting on top of mass testing, travel bans and quarantines until it was too late. What amounts to, "Don't test, don't tell, don't isolate."

Giss Neric

I just have to say...mind your own business.

It is not your place to tell people what to do and where to go.

That being said, that’s your opinion, and I’m allowed to voice mine.
Well, your opinion certainly makes you look like an #$%^&!. What the poster said was in no way attacking anyone. You need to come back to earth with that out of this world attitude.

thecouch

Closing for 8 weeks would be a total disaster for the economy. I hope disney does not close that long. It is unnecessary. This whole thing is overblown. Glad I got to go to MK one last time today before they closed it down for God knows how long.
200 dead in Spain and 330 in Italy over night beg to differ. Those numbers are just starting to take off. You can shutdown early and keep hospitals manageable or you can leave it late like those countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom