Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
(I live in Montgomery)

Small world we live in Lower Pottsgrove. Things have been crazy since Thursday when Gov shut the schools down. Wife works child care and we did not know if she would be paid during the shut down. Finally found out today that she will get paid atleast though the two weeks that we are currently shut down, not sure how it will work if the shut downs are extended.

I feel like these shutdowns only work if it's the whole state/country I work in Berks County and they currently dont have any restrictions. I work in manufacturing so no real way to work from home (i work in the office so in theory i could but no one else could) so we are expected to show up. But I know I'm not the only person traveling from Mont to Berks everyday it's just going to get spread that way. And the mixed messaging is a joke Gov says stay home Kenny says go out have a nice meal.

Leads to people thinking that my wife and I are crazy for sheltering at home the last few days and the foreseeable future. Shes 4 months pregnant and type 1 diabetic. While most of our friends and family are still planning St. Pat's day festivities.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yea that's the same in Illinois as well. It's bars as well. I'm just waiting for the movie theaters to be next.
I'm surprised they're not closed already.

Unless the plan is to only sell 49 tickets per show time...
They already got movie theaters here. It’s actually probably one of the worst places to go unless you plan to not eat or drink, but who wants to watch a movie without popcorn ;)

ImperfectPixie

This week is really when things hit the fan. Business as usual to everything closed. Just wow.

Imagine if we took this preventive action months ago when we where seeing what china was dealing with...
It's really surreal...and I've been having very bizarre dreams because of it. Unfortunately, risking pulling the trigger on all this too early might have been worse because then we'd just have to do it all over again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Bahamas is an independent country. They declared their independence from the UK back in the 70's.

The video said it was a British Commonwealth country. It is...

The Bahamas (/bəˈhɑːməz/ (
About this sound
listen)), known officially as the Commonwealth of The Bahamas,[11] is a country within the Lucayan Archipelago in the West Indies. It is a member of the Commonwealth Realms under the monarchy of Queen Elizabeth II.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Whoa! Unnecessary.

And you give a free pass to the guy claiming he's going to gather a large crowd and thumb his nose at our health care and governmental officials' attempt to deal with a pandemic?

Where was your "Whoa! Unnecessary." to him?

Or do you agree with him? Do you think that's sane?

Not to mention he thinks the Supreme Court will back him up because he formed a business first before doing it. Which is all sorts of ignorance of law right there.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
"The Sky is Falling", I can't believe how many Chicken Littles are hanging out in the thread. In fact, they should rename this thread, "the sky is falling". Every time we have a situation to deal with, some people assume the worst. The worst rarely ever happens. Remember the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? Barely 10 percent of all that was predicted actually happened. The stock market is forward looking and hates uncertainty. That's why it has fallen so much. It will recover quickly when this situation becomes clearer.

This virus will pass just like all of them in the past...and sooner than you think. Everything will get back to normal and some will have a good laugh on all the "Chicken LIttles". Anyone remember the Y2K hysteria?

Quoted for posterity.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I hope that restaurants that are shut down or have to limit their seating are nimble enough to switch to take-out.

21stamps

It's really surreal...and I've been having very bizarre dreams because of it. Unfortunately, risking pulling the trigger on all this too early might have been worse because then we'd just have to do it all over again.

One of my mom-friends posted a photo on FB of her wrapped in a blanket outside at a baseball field, kid playing in a tournament, late this afternoon. I was shocked.

Apparently US club baseball didn’t move as quickly as US club soccer... I wish so much that soccer would have waited one more week. Or at least leave it to teams to decide, which is what club baseball is doing right now.

LittleBuford

The video said it was a British Commonwealth country. It is...

The Bahamas (/bəˈhɑːməz/ (
About this sound
listen)), known officially as the Commonwealth of The Bahamas,[11] is a country within the Lucayan Archipelago in the West Indies. It is a member of the Commonwealth Realms under the monarchy of Queen Elizabeth II.

Canada and Australia are also Commonwealth realms. All it means is that the queen is their head of state, not that they are in any way governed by the UK. They are independent countries that share the same monarch.

tallica

This week is really when things hit the fan. Business as usual to everything closed. Just wow.

Imagine if we took this preventive action months ago when we where seeing what china was dealing with...
What, be proactive that's crazy talk. We went from little to no reaction to an extreme reaction only after the Genie was already way way out the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom