Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
Cover up the news? All that has happened is that the tests which weren't widely available have become more available. More tests=more confirmed cases. I don't understand why the CDC and NIH weren't preparing testing capacity once China started getting out of control but it isn't some cover up. It's just failure by those agencies to prepare.

Regarding the US Government and their containment actions, people need to understand that the Federal Government does not have the authority to do things that you are seeing in other countries. The Federal Government can quarantine people entering the country (which they have done). They can also limit or ban travel between states (which they have not done). What they can not do is lock down cities or counties as has been done in China or Italy. Each State may or may not have laws on the books that allow the State Government to take these types of actions.

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain the run on toilet paper. Did some "influencer' on social media post about stocking up on toilet paper or something? Hand sanitizer or disinfectants I can sort of understand. If the zombie apocalypse happens and toilet paper production comes to a halt, I think I would manage to use leaves.

If you are in quarantine and can't leave the house, running out of toilet paper will make your life pretty miserable. Many people do not have access to leaves at this time of year, and have forgotten that we used to have non-disposable diapers and other hygiene products. As long as you have a washer & dryer, water, power, detergent and bleach the situation can be handled.

John park hopper

How much toilet paper do you need for a 10 day quarantine? I would think not more than 1 or 2 rolls. We generally have extra rolls on hand. This stock piling of toilet paper is the height of irrational behavior. I guess all the toilet paper you have leftover come Halloween there will be a lot of toilet papered houses Ha Ha

HongKongFooy

During crisis or national emergency Chief executive enjoys, effectively, absolute powers. Chief executive acts as an agent for the US as a whole under these circumstances.
Chief may imprison without trial, suspend habeas corpus doctrine or order curfew at will.
Chief has the constitutional power.

Timmay

During crisis or national emergency Chief executive enjoys, effectively, absolute powers. Chief executive acts as an agent for the US as a whole under these circumstances.
Chief may imprison without trial, suspend habeas corpus doctrine or order curfew at will.
This is by no means a political statement of any kind, but regardless of what party holds the executive branch there would be immediate court challenges to any such actions taken.

On a lighter note, I think we may be saved.
49A44B46-7A91-4A73-90FC-AD6F5F4492D7.jpeg

Lilofan

If you are in quarantine and can't leave the house, running out of toilet paper will make your life pretty miserable. Many people do not have access to leaves at this time of year, and have forgotten that we used to have non-disposable diapers and other hygiene products. As long as you have a washer & dryer, water, power, detergent and bleach the situation can be handled.
The supermarkets and local pharmacies in my area have home delivery for a fee, that's if the items you request are in stock.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If I’m stuck at home for 14 days I need water, food, Wifi then TP in that order. If my kids are quarantined as well, liquor goes to the top of the list and I guess Advil for the mornings ;)

Leaves can also work as TP in a pinch, just choose wisely...single leaves only. Leaves of 3 let it be or that can make for a much less pleasant quarantine.

HongKongFooy

there would be immediate court challenges to any such actions taken.

Indeed....... but if the emergency were severe enough any petition would lack enough traction and would be dismissed.

USA operates under the doctrine stare decisis. Precedent carries enormous weight and Chief, effectively, gets his(or her)way.

Incomudro

This will never get to that unless we hit zombie apocalypse proportions.
Otherwise - it 'aint happening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Indeed....... but if the emergency were severe enough any petition would lack enough traction and would be dismissed.

USA operates under the doctrine stare decisis. Precedent carries enormous weight and Chief, effectively, gets his(or her)way.
I think the furthest anyone would take this would be banning large gatherings like sporting events and theme parks. I don’t see any chief executive in this country trying to force people into quarantine in large numbers. Even during natural disasters when the local authorities call for mandatory evacuations and ask for essential cars only on roads there are people who don’t comply. I hate to say it but this is likely going to be the same. People with light or no symptoms will venture out anyway instead of staying in quarantine.

Lilofan

If I’m stuck at home for 14 days I need water, food, Wifi then TP in that order. If my kids are quarantined as well, liquor goes to the top of the list and I guess Advil for the mornings ;)

Leaves can also work as TP in a pinch, just choose wisely...single leaves only. Leaves of 3 let it be or that can make for a much less pleasant quarantine.
Leaves will work , also plain old water and make sure you wash your hands, birch bark, kleenex, newspaper, junk mail, to name few if you can't find TP. If antiseptic wipes run out to wipe surfaces, use dawn antibacterial dish detergent mix with water to wipe down surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom