Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That being said certain germs would definitely ruin my WDW vacation.....guess where I was during the last presidential election?!?!? :happy:
Very therapeutic....escapism well timed.

Image result for walt disney world

montyz81

Here ya go, here's the experts (WHO) telling you you're wrong.

And here you go. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html
  • The Flu was much more deadly when it was initially found as compared to now.
  • Again, think logically instead of contributing to the fear. How is it possible that the mortality rate can be calculated? It is simple, it can't.
No, you've given him too many words to read. That may take time away from restoring his car.
This coming from someone with a myopic point of view on the entire situation. Read more than what that web site says. As I have said before, the math does not lie if you use the right numbers. Who clearly is not. It is impossible to calculate the mortality rate as not even the WHO people know.

Again, show me the evidence that includes all people that have contracted this disease including those that have gone unreported vs those that have passed.. calculate that and tell me that mortality rate. If it is higher than what that WHO site says, I will admit I am wrong. At this point, I know I am 100% right which is to say.. nobody knows.

So instead of attacking me as I actually attempt to calm fears, (Whereas the posts against me are attempting to add to the fear), just stop spreading misinformation and be more useful by suggesting that people perform the necessary steps of prevention and we will all be just fine.

Timmay

So this is interesting...

I've yet to see any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state, let alone our school district...but apparently people are freaking the heck out because the schools have been getting calls from concerned parents, and they've decided to close them tomorrow so they can spend the weekend disinfecting all the schools and schoolbuses. (We're in MA)
As someone was kind enough earlier to post the movie clip...and to sum up...a person is smart, people are stupid. Take for instance the recent run on toilet paper. It is truly insanity. If I were to walk into Costco today and purchase all the giant containers of cheese balls, pretty soon there would be a shortage, and people fighting in the aisles over cheese puffs and Cheetos.

It’s the same with the N95 respirators. How many people that buy these actually bother to get fit tested. I’m guessing close to zero. Or the hand sanitizers. I’m at the store today and no hand sanitizer but plenty of soap. Lady actually says to her husband that it looks like she will need to just start washing her hands instead of relying on the sanitizer.

Sadly, people are the thing to fear right now. The actual fatality rate will drop when there has been enough time to fully look at all the correct data. H1N1 had an initial stated fatality rate of 10%, and today we know the rate was 1%...ten times lower than originally thought.

Take the proper precautions that you need to, be prepared to spend a couple weeks at home if need be (you won’t need a pallet of toilet paper) and certainly be prepared to be told that if you have symptoms assume you have it.

ABQ

Recipe to make your own hand sanitizer

2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel

Mix and just like magic you have hand sanitizer

optional 8-10 drops essential oil, such as grapefruit, lavender or peppermint

Easy peasy..
and for more fun....use vodka!

Just showing some love for Big Clive

ImperfectPixie

As someone was kind enough earlier to post the movie clip...and to sum up...a person is smart, people are stupid. Take for instance the recent run on toilet paper. It is truly insanity. If I were to walk into Costco today and purchase all the giant containers of cheese balls, pretty soon there would be a shortage, and people fighting in the aisles over cheese puffs and Cheetos.

It’s the same with the N95 respirators. How many people that buy these actually bother to get fit tested. I’m guessing close to zero. Or the hand sanitizers. I’m at the store today and no hand sanitizer but plenty of soap. Lady actually says to her husband that it looks like she will need to just start washing her hands instead of relying on the sanitizer.

Sadly, people are the thing to fear right now. The actual fatality rate will drop when there has been enough time to fully look at all the correct data. H1N1 had an initial stated fatality rate of 10%, and today we know the rate was 1%...ten times lower than originally thought.

Take the proper precautions that you need to, be prepared to spend a couple weeks at home if need be (you won’t need a pallet of toilet paper) and certainly be prepared to be told that if you have symptoms assume you have it.
Recipe to make your own hand sanitizer

2/3 cup 99% rubbing alcohol ( isopropyl alcohol)
1/3 cup aloe vera gel

Mix and just like magic you have hand sanitizer

optional 8-10 drops essential oil, such as grapefruit, lavender or peppermint

Easy peasy..
Oh, I think they way jumped the gun with sanitizing the schools and buses...at least wait until we KNOW it's spreading here so it's not a huge wasted expense. (They hired a professional company familiar with bio-hazards)

Also...hand sanitizer DOES NOT kill this virus. Only vigorous hand washing with warm soapy water for a sufficient amount of time does.

Also, I just found out my idiot sister is in Germany. Apparently, her being a healthy adult means she's safe. 🤦‍♀️

ABQ

And I cannot recall any conferences, concerts, other mass gatherings being cancelled or travel fears or construction of the Grand Floridian DVC being halted out of fear that the travel market would collapse. Seems people were a great deal more calm back only 10 years or so ago.

Lilofan

Oh, I think they way jumped the gun with sanitizing the schools and buses...at least wait until we KNOW it's spreading here so it's not a huge wasted expense. (They hired a professional company familiar with bio-hazards)

Also...hand sanitizer DOES NOT kill this virus. Only vigorous hand washing with warm soapy water for a sufficient amount of time does.

Also, I just found out my idiot sister is in Germany. Apparently, her being a healthy adult means she's safe. 🤦‍♀️
I have friends and family that live and work in NYC. Good luck trying to find public bathroom. Many places enforce customer only signs in their establishments also to mention a number of them are nasty. Hand santizers come in handy if you can find one for sale.

ImperfectPixie

I have friends and family that live and work in NYC. Good luck trying to find public bathroom. Many places enforce customer only signs in their establishments also to mention a number of them are nasty. Hand santizers come in handy if you can find one for sale.
I just found out a student at one of our high schools is being tested. Funny...they mentioned NOTHING about that in the pre-recorded call they made.

Nah, I'm not angry at all. /s

Lilofan

One thing I noticed on my last vacation at WDW is that the water that comes out of the faucets in the theme parks and hotel lobbies is automatic. One cannot control the hot/cold water. How do you wash with warm water if there is none coming out??

flutas

I think I said that. You just repeated what i said. Thanks for proving me right. Now you can shut the hell up!

I'll listen to the CDC and WHO, which you claimed were somehow wrong, then agreed with what I said, which was to listen to them... ok

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One thing I noticed on my last vacation at WDW is that the water that comes out of the faucets in the theme parks and hotel lobbies is automatic. One cannot control the hot/cold water. How do you wash with warm water if there is none coming out??
No money in the budget for hot water 🤪

ImperfectPixie

I'm not a fan of the automatic faucets. Toilets? ABSOLUTELY. But not sinks.

TP2000

The HIMMS Global Health convention scheduled next week for the Orlando Convention Center and 45,000 attendees was just cancelled. An even bigger convention for 85,000 attendees this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center was also cancelled.

Last night here in SoCal the LA County official in charge of announcing the State of Emergency being declared yesterday said on TV that you should avoid large crowds and try and stay six feet away from anyone else when out in public. Professional sports leagues in the US are contemplating playing games without audiences allowed in the arena or stadium.

How much longer can the WDW parks be expected to stay open in this scenario? A week? 10 days?

techgeek

The HIMMS Global Health convention scheduled next week for the Orlando Convention Center and 45,000 attendees was just cancelled. An even bigger convention for 85,000 attendees this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center was also cancelled.

Last night here in SoCal the LA County official in charge of announcing the State of Emergency being declared yesterday said on TV that you should avoid large crowds and try and stay six feet away from anyone else when out in public. Professional sports leagues in the US are contemplating playing games without audiences allowed in the arena or stadium.

How much longer can the WDW parks be expected to stay open in this scenario? A week? 10 days?

Business travel nationwide essentially has now shut down indefinitely. The Orlando convention season is normally in full swing now, and the HIMSS announcement is widely regarded as a tipping point for everything else on the schedule to cancel at least through summer. Venues like the convention center and some hotels based around meeting travel will likely completely shut down for at least a few months.

This has never happened on this scale, so we are in unprecedented territory... but historically when there has been a business travel slowdown for whatever reason, leisure travel is only a few weeks behind it.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
So I know someone already talk about the Health conference Trump was to speak at canceled amid coronavirus concerns. Orange County, FL had a press conference saying they had 4 major conference / shows canceled for a estimated 154 Million loss.

I know where I am located every other call is about refunds and canceling. It feels a lot like Hurricane Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom