Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Hi all, this might have already been asked, but if wdw was closed would Disney allow date specific tickets to be redeemed on another date or would they be refunded?

It's all conjecture at this point. I'd hope they would honor both options but I bet they'll emphasize date-switcheroos over refunds.

montyz81

I think it’s safe to say now this has a higher potency rate amongst confirmed cases - at a minimum - than the flu.

I wish we’d stop with this flu comparison and move on? Just because some terrible real estate guy spouts it off once a day...doesn’t mean it’s intelligent.

Work the PROBLEM. Don’t get distracted like a kitten with a laser pointer
Please show me the facts that say it has a higher potency rate than the flu. I'd like to see those specific details. The fact is... even the CDC doesn't know that. Please stop making statements that you can not back up or for that matter that anyone can back up. The fact is... nobody knows. The other fact is... when someone tells people it is more potent, it just contributes to the panic.

In fact... it is not safe to say anything you mentioned

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
What I'm saying is that such cancellations having nothing to do with legitimizing the actual threat of the health concern.

Would legitimizing this be some sort of attack on your dignity or the dignity of the government? I don't understand this at all.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
As soon as I saw hazmat suits a month ago, I knew this was a bigger deal than the flu. So frustrating that so many people close to me are still clinging to that, though I'm hearing it less by the day (hour, even).

Me too, just not in this thread or from certain media outlets.

flutas

Please show me the facts that say it has a higher potency rate than the flu. I'd like to see those specific details. The fact is... even the CDC doesn't know that. Please stop making statements that you can not back up or for that matter that anyone can back up. The fact is... nobody knows. The other fact is... when someone tells people it is more potent, it just contributes to the panic.

In fact... it is not safe to say anything you mentioned

Here ya go, here's the experts (WHO) telling you you're wrong.

The second major difference is that COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal influenza.

While many people globally have built up immunity to seasonal flu strains, COVID-19 is a new virus to which no one has immunity. That means more people are susceptible to infection, and some will suffer severe disease.

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.

Third, we have vaccines and therapeutics for seasonal flu, but at the moment there is no vaccine and no specific treatment for COVID-19. However, clinical trials of therapeutics are now being done, and more than 20 vaccines are in development.

And fourth, we don’t even talk about containment for seasonal flu – it’s just not possible. But it is possible for COVID-19. We don’t do contact tracing for seasonal flu – but countries should do it for COVID-19, because it will prevent infections and save lives. Containment is possible.

horaceluke

They would allow it to be redeemed at any time within an expanded window...is the educated guess

“Refund” and “tickets” aren’t allowed to be put in the same sentence at TWDC

Is this the hurricane procedure? I guess they would use that if they had to close anyway.

ImperfectPixie

So this is interesting...

I've yet to see any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state, let alone our school district...but apparently people are freaking the heck out because the schools have been getting calls from concerned parents, and they've decided to close them tomorrow so they can spend the weekend disinfecting all the schools and schoolbuses. (We're in MA)

wishiwere@wdw

And now that huge health conference has been cancelled.

While I get they likely didn’t have much of a choice since multiple vendors and clients were backing out but this hurts. Approximately 65,000 folks that aren’t aiding the central Florida economy :(.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
1583446300938.jpeg
Guess they will need to do a revise for 2020.....;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So this is interesting...

I've yet to see any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our state, let alone our school district...but apparently people are freaking the heck out because the schools have been getting calls from concerned parents, and they've decided to close them tomorrow so they can spend the weekend disinfecting all the schools and schoolbuses. (We're in MA)
Not at all surprising...you are in the northeast, after all 😉

The hysteria will rise a little in the coming days/weeks then hopefully go back to equilibrium.
While I get they likely didn’t have much of a choice since multiple vendors and clients were backing out but this hurts. Approximately 65,000 folks that aren’t aiding the central Florida economy :(.
But as you know...that’s the deal in Florida. 75% economically dependent on people blowing up, dumping money and leaving. It’s peaks and valleys - for sure.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Read this.....so that's not so bad for ROOM ONLY reservations which are the only kind I have made, it is different for packages.

To receive a full refund for a Room-Only Reservation, the cancellation request must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date (6 days for online bookings). If you cancel less than 5 days from check-in (or 6 days for online bookings), then you'll be charged the first night's room rate. A no-show carries the same penalty.

ImperfectPixie

Not at all surprising...you are in the northeast, after all 😉

The hysteria will rise a little in the coming days/weeks then hopefully go back to equilibrium.

But as you know...that’s the deal in Florida. 75% economically dependent on people blowing up, dumping money and leaving. It’s peaks and valleys - for sure.
The sad part is that I really think it's a total waste to do that until the virus shows it's face around here. I'd love to know where the money for the disinfection is coming from, too - they hired a professional company familiar with bio-hazards.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is this the hurricane procedure? I guess they would use that if they had to close anyway.
In the past, they would choose to extend windows rather than deal with any money refunds. Remember: they bank that revenue the minute the credit card transaction goes through.

But the place is never closed...like 5 days total in 50
Years?...so there’s really no “bellweather”.

They did some minor precaution for Zika and bird flu and swine flu and SARS...etc. but never closures

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
While considering the pros and cons of DH being forced to work from home this past year, I now will focus on it as a PRO as it is a lesser pool of people he has to encounter from his huge office building to our little abode. Am not living in a bubble, but it is rather nice to be ABLE to from that standpoint. My favorite bubble is staying onsite and existing in the DISNEY bubble....if only for a week....:happy::happy:

Looks like Mickey has this Coronavirus thing down....:cool:
Image result for walt disney world bubble

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While considering the pros and cons of DH being forced to work from home this past year, I now will focus on it as a PRO as it is a lesser pool of people he has to encounter from his huge office building to our little abode. Am not living in a bubble, but it is rather nice to be ABLE to from that standpoint. My favorite bubble is staying onsite and existing in the DISNEY bubble....if only for a week....:happy::happy:

Looks like Mickey has this Coronavirus thing down....:cool:
Image result for walt disney world bubble
Excellent...I knew somebody would post the Mickey bubble eventually 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom