Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

esskay

Amazing that people seem to genuinely think news channels getting 'bored' of talking about it makes it go away, this thing's just getting started. Also amazing that even now people are still trying to compare it to previous ourbreaks, knowing full well that its been announced over and over again that they can't actually predict a thing about this one as its a total unknown quantity, vs something like Swine or Ebola which both existed for decades before.

For all we know 2 months after getting covid-19 you could sprout big round ears and get a high pitched voice!

esskay

I did ask, and did receive, an official statement from WDW, concerning the Declared Public Health Emergency in the state of FL....

I will post this....

"Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We understand your concern and will be happy to point you in the right direction.

We invite you to contract Member Services by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET to discuss any pre-arrival concerns.

Due to the nature of your concerns, we are unable to assist via email.
We appreciate your understanding.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today."

So - only thing I can say? WDW is not talking. One must CALL. Disturbing - it indicates they want nothing on record. Seriously considering canceling, and banking our points :(.
Don't take it too seriously, that's a stock email they send out when theres no stock answer on file.

HauntedMansionFLA

I did ask, and did receive, an official statement from WDW, concerning the Declared Public Health Emergency in the state of FL....

I will post this....

We understand your concern and will be happy to point you in the right direction.

We invite you to contract Member Services by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET to discuss any pre-arrival concerns.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today."

So - only thing I can say? WDW is not talking. One must CALL. Disturbing - it indicates they want nothing on record. Seriously considering canceling, and banking our points :(.
Hmmmm....... No e-mail = no paper trail

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

I will post this....

They didn't talk in 2009 either.

DISNEY ‘MONITORING SITUATION’
The Walt Disney Co. has maintained a tight-lipped stance about the flu alert, wary of any news that could trouble its carefully crafted guest experience at the world’s largest theme park.

Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger in Orlando told Reuters this week, “We’re not really talking about it,” declining to say whether any special health measures were being taken.

Disney World representatives held a closed-door meeting with public health leaders on Thursday in Orlando to discuss the flu alert.

After the meeting with Orange County Health Director Dr. Kevin Sherin, Disney representative Mike Griffin told local media the company was “monitoring the situation.”

Sherin and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty said they had full confidence in Disney’s contingency plans in the event of a health emergency, but they gave no details.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rowds-despite-flu-alert-idUSTRE5404GI20090501

esskay

They'll put something out eventually but I wouldn't expect it for a few more weeks. The 14 day incubation period means that at the rate its currently increasing you'll see a huge spike next week making it impossible to ignore.

scottieRoss

The true indicator will be if/when more airlines wave cancelation fees for travel related to CV-19. For business travel it's irrelevant, but for leisure travel cancelation fees play a big role and expense in determining whether to take a trip.

So far Jet Blue has been the only domestic issuing travel waivers for cancel/change fees. South West does not charge change/cancel fees. If United, Delta, American, Alaska start doing this, you'll see the bottom fall out on the travel industry.
American and Delta Airlines have waived all cancellation fees for travel in March.

phillip9698

They live happily every after.

As someone who had a death occur with a loved one due to the swine flu I'm very interested in knowing who this happily ever after ending applies to.

I understand there is a rush to hand wave this all away but please be conscious that deaths do occur due to these illnesses and they have affected people you will come into contact with.

Piebald

I cant wait until this is all over and ends up showing up in end of the year memes.

Attachments

• IMG-20200227-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200227-WA0002.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 113

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
As someone who had a death occur with a loved one due to the swine flu I'm very interested in knowing who this happily ever after ending applies to.

I understand there is a rush to hand wave this all away but please be conscious that deaths do occur due to these illnesses and they have affected people you will come into contact with.

Perhaps a sarcasm tag was needed. Regardless I am sorry for your loss.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

I will post this....

Seriously? They asked you to participate in a Survey?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
American and Delta Airlines have waived all cancellation fees for travel in March.

American has waived changes fees for domestic and international through 3/16. Delta had waived fees for INTERNATIONAL only through 3/31. Alaska and Jet Blue have waived all fees through June.

Note the fine print as many of these waivers only apply to tickets purchased in the past 2 weeks.

phillip9698

Perhaps a sarcasm tag was needed. Regardless I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks. As another poster mentioned I take no relief that these viruses seem to focus in on the elderly, young, and people with compromised immune systems as if those people don't matter and don't understand how others seem to have no compassion for them. And as someone who is lucky enough to have an elderly parent still around and two toddlers in the house news of these viruses concerns me greatly.

Tom P.

Amazing that people seem to genuinely think news channels getting 'bored' of talking about it makes it go away, this thing's just getting started. Also amazing that even now people are still trying to compare it to previous ourbreaks, knowing full well that its been announced over and over again that they can't actually predict a thing about this one as its a total unknown quantity, vs something like Swine or Ebola which both existed for decades before.

For all we know 2 months after getting covid-19 you could sprout big round ears and get a high pitched voice!
Personally, I'm hoping it causes pointed ears, pointed eyebrows, and a bowl cut...
1583198385217.png

ELG13

I had a friend whose mom passed away from one of these random viruses. Sorry for your loss. It's hard to make sense of it.

wishiwere@wdw

I’m curious to see how they handle the possibility of folks backing out of HIMSS here next week. We’ll have 40,000+ in town for the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and I’m sure there will be additional attention even though these folks have a role more related to the technology side.

HMFan999

I’m curious to see how they handle the possibility of folks backing out of HIMSS here next week. We’ll have 40,000+ in town for the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and I’m sure there will be additional attention even though these folks have a role more related to the technology side.

I'm scheduled to attend as an exhibitor and the whole thing has me feeling extremely uncomfortable. HIMSS seemed to be taking the situation seriously until they randomly announced today that Trump is attending to give a keynote address. Now they're twiddling their thumbs and pretending the virus doesn't exist. As an attendee I feel trapped, I don't really want to risk it, but unless they cancel or my employer decides to pull out (not happening) I have no choice but to go lock myself in a building with 60,000 strangers from across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom