Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

We were using them in January, and appreciated it. I wouldn’t mind more hand washing stations instead, that would be fine too.

I carry hand sanitizer as well, and do use it, but it was nice to have it conveniently available getting off the rides, and easy for DD to access on her own.
I actually hate hand sanitizer and always wash instead. In June though, the sanitizer stations were rough and my kid even stopped using them because they didn't work or had build up everywhere making it gross or harder to use. Sanitizer is not as effective as washing anyway. I would much rather hand washing stations myself but bathrooms are plenty at WDW.

GimpYancIent

Want to wash your hands? There are plenty of bathrooms. All the rest did nothing to stop spread, besides, there is absolutely no evidence any Disney property was some kind of "Hot Spot" for spread. Disney Co. has a lot of detrimental issues to deal with COVID is now off the table.

correcaminos

We have always brought and used our own hand Sanitizer long before anyone heard of COVID. Pandemic aside, using a hand sanitizer is a good practice.
Eh.... I didn't but I wash hands a lot. Excessive hand sanitizer isn't really healthy as it destroys you skin and can cause other issues to set in. Many caution against it for a reason.

jloucks

I agree the hand sanitizers everywhere are ugly, but I never experienced gross. I experience empty a few times.

Cruise ships were using them before covid due to just the regualar old squirts, and that made sense. I think the cruise staff kept them from getting "gross".

Disstevefan1

Eh.... I didn't but I wash hands a lot. Excessive hand sanitizer isn't really healthy as it destroys you skin and can cause other issues to set in. Many caution against it for a reason.
Agreed, I am not talking about excessive use. I am talking about reasonable use.
Folks are free to do whatever they feel is right for them.

correcaminos

Agreed, I am not talking about excessive use. I am talking about reasonable use.
Folks are free to do whatever they feel is right for them.
I personally just wish people wouldn't be so gross and bathrooms all have doors that push open from the inside :p

Mostly said what I did to say that hand sanitizer isn't my thing in parks no matter what (and to me not good practice), but doesn't mean I am dirty or the like.

Angel Ariel

I actually hate hand sanitizer and always wash instead. In June though, the sanitizer stations were rough and my kid even stopped using them because they didn't work or had build up everywhere making it gross or harder to use. Sanitizer is not as effective as washing anyway. I would much rather hand washing stations myself but bathrooms are plenty at WDW.
Bathrooms are plenty, but often in out of the way places requiring more walking for our DD, who has gross motor delays. As she gets older she desires the stroller less and less, though we still bring one as she does love to close the park when she’s allowed :)

Angel Ariel

Want to wash your hands? There are plenty of bathrooms. All the rest did nothing to stop spread, besides, there is absolutely no evidence any Disney property was some kind of "Hot Spot" for spread. Disney Co. has a lot of detrimental issues to deal with COVID is now off the table.
Let’s be clear - my comment wasn’t about pandemic spread, it was simply about the sanitizer stations being convenient options in between bathroom stops. I would have felt the same way pre-covid.

And yes, we bring our own - but the stations were a nice visual reminder at times. That’s all 🤷‍♀️

correcaminos

Bathrooms are plenty, but often in out of the way places requiring more walking for our DD, who has gross motor delays. As she gets older she desires the stroller less and less, though we still bring one as she does love to close the park when she’s allowed :)
I don't find that true for Disney tbh. They are always easy to get to when eating (a requirement for me) and not hard to find one along a route when needed. As I get older, I run unto issues where my neuropathy gets me so I would notice if bathrooms are harder to find. When feeling in my foot is gone, I tend to notice more :D Now resorts I agree with you on. Often they are not the best spots but for parks they can be found along routes pretty easily.

Ayla

On the one hand, covid is surging across the country in general and in the Orlando area in particular, so this seems like a bad time to do this. On the other, we all seem to have decided that the pandemic doesn't matter anymore, so I guess Disney is just following the general mood. The one family I know who visited in the last several week contracted covid, so I suspect, based on anecdotal evidence, the parks remain a hot spot.
As I posted a few months ago, 3 out of 5 members of my party came home with Covid from Disney after our trip the first week of May. I've seen countless stories of the same since then, here and other places online.

Angel Ariel

I don't find that true for Disney tbh. They are always easy to get to when eating (a requirement for me) and not hard to find one along a route when needed. As I get older, I run unto issues where my neuropathy gets me so I would notice if bathrooms are harder to find. When feeling in my foot is gone, I tend to notice more :D Now resorts I agree with you on. Often they are not the best spots but for parks they can be found along routes pretty easily.
Whats easy for our DD to easily get to quickly may also be different than what is easy for you to get to quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom