Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

I agree to each their own and so many should really drive their own car , stay in their own lane in terms of wearing or not wearing or vaccinating or not vaccinating. I think so many got so caught up in the covid "drama" that they can't just let it go. It's like the college freshman who keeps showing up at high school events because they can't move past it and move on to the next phase of their lives.
I would say the opposite. When as a brother in my college fraternity , we had to really screen the girls much better coming to our parties. Some disguise themselves as college freshmen but further looking into is that some are actually juniors and seniors still in high school under the age of 18.

correcaminos

I've never really had problems before, but cottonwood season here hit me hard.
It always bothers me. Years ago even driving home I was singing to music and inhaled. Pretty much guaranteed sinus infection. That's why I masked outside. I didn't want to risk a sinus infection prior to Florida.

If you have a Costco membership, their off brand version works the same and is sooo much cheaper.
See, how much better is it to be talking about seasonal allergies than Covid?
It is pretty good! It's my go to. Still floating around here too so using it preemptively. Didn't need it in Florida though.

Angel Ariel

correcaminos

Getting rid of the hand sanitizer stations makes little sense to me, IMO. Pandemic or no pandemic, having some around isn't a bad idea 🤷‍♀️
Half were empty in June. Other half looked gross. My kid uses them more due to habits in school than I do. I'd rather carry my own small marker sized spray bottle for him or just wash my hands. Hand washing stations are much preferable to me.

macefamily

They may want to slow down on this one. We were down for a long July 4th weekend last month. Of course the six foot markers on the ground are gone, the plastic dividers are gone, and now hand sanitizers are going. We returned home on July 4. The next day my wife tested positive. Two days later I tested positive. The following day my son tested positive. Of course I can't tell where we contracted the virus whether it was at the parks, at the airport, or on the plane. Nonetheless, I went two years without contracting the illness. I thought I was out of the woods.

Communicora

Premium Member
They may want to slow down on this one. We were down for a long July 4th weekend last month. Of course the six foot markers on the ground are gone, the plastic dividers are gone, and now hand sanitizers are going. We returned home on July 4. The next day my wife tested positive. Two days later I tested positive. The following day my son tested positive. Of course I can't tell where we contracted the virus whether it was at the parks, at the airport, or on the plane. Nonetheless, I went two years without contracting the illness. I thought I was out of the woods.
The thing is, most of those things weren't preventing covid. I'm sorry you all got sick though and hope you are well soon.

correcaminos

Stories like this always get me a little. We went twice no masks (though do in the airport) no one in our group we hung with caught it. 5 days after we returned my husband picked it up from who knows where. He had never had it before. My kid finally did a couple weeks ago with an outbreak at scout camp - though he was 100% asymptomatic and only tested positive due to mass testing. Our numbers at the time were in the green for our area and yet Florida was masks suggested indoors (which we chose to ignore). You even said yourself you don't know where your wife picked it up (very likely with what they say now with 2-3 day incubation you picked it from your wife much like 2 days after a positive at camp, a few more felt ill), and really it's impossible to know.

I'm still the last man standing so to speak in my house. Friends picked it up from who knows where a lot more this last month. It is what it is and at this point we need to be aware of it. I'm even close to 13 months out from my 3rd shot. I do what I do to make myself feel better but Disney wouldn't be at fault for us getting it. We need to be aware it's possible anywhere.

Angel Ariel

Half were empty in June. Other half looked gross. My kid uses them more due to habits in school than I do. I'd rather carry my own small marker sized spray bottle for him or just wash my hands. Hand washing stations are much preferable to me.
We were using them in January, and appreciated it. I wouldn’t mind more hand washing stations instead, that would be fine too.

I carry hand sanitizer as well, and do use it, but it was nice to have it conveniently available getting off the rides, and easy for DD to access on her own.

Casper Gutman

On the one hand, covid is surging across the country in general and in the Orlando area in particular, so this seems like a bad time to do this. On the other, we all seem to have decided that the pandemic doesn't matter anymore, so I guess Disney is just following the general mood. The one family I know who visited in the last several week contracted covid, so I suspect, based on anecdotal evidence, the parks remain a hot spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom