Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

For those who didn't find a workaround to the paywall, this audit is talking about the early months (March - October 2020) and is not alleging anything done on purpose. A lot of the missing data is related to demographic information (ethnicity data) which I'm not really sure why that was deemed so important with respect to who was testing positive. COVID does not discriminate. Ethnic disparities in case numbers early on were clearly related to the disproportionate demographics of "essential workers" that led to people of certain ethnicities being exposed more often in the early days of the pandemic. There was no grand conspiracy to infect certain groups of people.

The big "bombshell" was that the contact tracing guidelines weren't successfully adhered to. I think everybody knew that in real time. There was much discussion in this thread as soon as there were more than a few hundred cases per day that there was no way the staffing existed for contact tracing. Contact tracing was pretty useless once it was determined that pre-symptomatic and/or asymptomatic spread was common. By the time "patient zero" in a group tested positive and the results were available, several generations of contact had already happened.

Dr. Birx kept trying to apply the same strategies that were used to combat HIV in sub-Saharan Africa to combat COVID with respect to "test and trace." That was never going to work as the two viruses are spread in a slightly different manner.

Chip Chipperson

For those who didn't find a workaround to the paywall, this audit is talking about the early months (March - October 2020) and is not alleging anything done on purpose. A lot of the missing data is related to demographic information (ethnicity data) which I'm not really sure why that was deemed so important with respect to who was testing positive. COVID does not discriminate. Ethnic disparities in case numbers early on were clearly related to the disproportionate demographics of "essential workers" that led to people of certain ethnicities being exposed more often in the early days of the pandemic. There was no grand conspiracy to infect certain groups of people.

The big "bombshell" was that the contact tracing guidelines weren't successfully adhered to. I think everybody knew that in real time. There was much discussion in this thread as soon as there were more than a few hundred cases per day that there was no way the staffing existed for contact tracing. Contact tracing was pretty useless once it was determined that pre-symptomatic and/or asymptomatic spread was common. By the time "patient zero" in a group tested positive and the results were available, several generations of contact had already happened.

Dr. Birx kept trying to apply the same strategies that were used to combat HIV in sub-Saharan Africa to combat COVID with respect to "test and trace." That was never going to work as the two viruses are spread in a slightly different manner.

I'd say the big bombshell is that a sample of 2,600 tests from state-run facilities showed that the labs didn't report the results for 60% of the tests. There's no realistic chance that all of those tests were negative or that the audit just happened to catch the only tests whose results weren't reported. Again, nothing says it was intentional but it's still significant and doesn't say much for the organization skills of those in charge.

State auditors reviewed a sample of 2,600 tests taken at three state-run testing facilities and found that state-contracted laboratories failed to return results for nearly 60% of tests.

DisneyCane

I'd say the big bombshell is that a sample of 2,600 tests from state-run facilities showed that the labs didn't report the results for 60% of the tests. There's no realistic chance that all of those tests were negative or that the audit just happened to catch the only tests whose results weren't reported. Again, nothing says it was intentional but it's still significant and doesn't say much for the organization skills of those in charge.
As you quoted, it was the contracted (non state-run) laboratories that failed to report the results. Sure there probably should have been checks to make sure that results were reported but I think it was a reasonable assumption that the labs would report results back without having to put in a process of checks and balances.

If anybody thinks the only place this happened at that time was Florida they are delusional. The incompetent CDC should have had plans in place well in advance of the pandemic for the processes that should be implemented in the event that a mass testing program was necessary.

If you recall, there was a mad scramble led by Dr. Birx to figure out what labs could be used for COVID testing. How was that type of information not kept in a database by the CDC?

ToTBellHop

The Disney bus drivers union has its best people working on confirming that now.
1654604986440.gif

maemae74

I heard from a bus driver that no-one has ever caught Corona at Disney. He said it was due to contractual rights with Coors.
I am assuming your snarky comment was directed towards me! Is it really that hard to believe that a relatively small down would not be over flowing with dying covid patients?

Last edited:

Lilofan

I heard from a bus driver that no-one has ever caught Corona at Disney. He said it was due to contractual rights with Coors.
And some Corona drinkers fell for misinformation and stopped drinking Corona during 2020. There are suckers born every minute. Money watch reported 38% of Corona drinkers stopped drinking the beer in 2020.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Are we still doing this? If nobody cares about the purposefully undercounted deaths in some states, they aren’t going to care about this.

Oh wait. It’s an election year.
Remember when some people jumped on this bandwagon?

Nubs70

Cellphone proximity contact tracing was attempted early on in the Uk. It became readily apparent that the economy would quickly grind to a halt did to the geometric/exponential/logorithmic nature of human interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom