Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Omicron itself isn't nearly as potent as Delta or the Original strain. So to say that the vaccines are keeping the hospital rates down I feel is a bit misleading. I'm not saying it doesn't help atleast in the first 3-6 months, but we also don't have a great example of its long-term effectiveness because of Omicron. I personally don't see many unvaccinated hospitalized or in the ICU either because it isn't a powerful strain.

The efficacy against infections drops in 3 to 6 months, but the efficacy against severe disease has been shown to last longer then that.

Lilofan

You know, I look at that and wonder just how much money DID he make that he an afford that sort of a donation.
He recently joined the BBC ( Billionaire Boys Club ). Forbes reported he's worth $5B as of 4/22. He practices servant leadership , to exist to serve the greater good and he rightly is worth what he's worth. What his company has done in regards to vaccines is nothing short of incredible. Thank You Stephane!

Last edited:

drizgirl

He recently joined the BBC ( Billionaire Boys Club ). Forbes reported he's worth $5B as of 4/22. He practices servant leadership , to exist to serve the greater good and he rightly is worth what he's worth. What his company has done in regards to vaccines is nothing short of incredible. Thank You Stephane!
Then let's stop pretending letting go of $350 million was a big deal. Probably needed the tax write off.

That said, I am most appreciative of all 3 of my Moderna shots.

Joesixtoe

There's a big difference in hospitalization and death during Omicron between those vaccinated and those not.

Don't try to pass off Omicron as 'weak' even though it may be weaker than Delta, it's still pretty strong and got us over the one million dead mark in the U.S. alone.

The vaccines do make a big difference in hospitalization and death from Omicron.

So, stop your anti-vaxx campaign.
Instead of healthy dialog, yell anti-vaxx campaign. You should have looked at Isreal and the U.K over the past 5 months, I've consistently shown how the "big difference" you speak of, wasn't that big of a difference, in fact it sometimes showed the opposite. Here is an article about Portugal the most vaccinated country in Europe.

Joesixtoe

I wouldn't count on having a year of immunity if unvaxxed and infected. I know a family where all were unvaxxed and they caught it twice in under 5 months.
I've seen it too. However at my job alone the only coworkers I've seen had it twice were the vaccinated and they got it pretty bad, one has been out for months sadly. This person was awesome and a vital piece to our work force. The only reason why I say anything is because there are still jobs and places you can't go if your unvaccinated which makes zero sense. If you've had covid then you have the antibodies, which the vaccinated have the antibodies too. Since both roads leads to the same outcome, why the divisiveness?

Last edited:

Joesixtoe

The efficacy against infections drops in 3 to 6 months, but the efficacy against severe disease has been shown to last longer then that.
Correct, but my point was since Omicron in general is a lot weaker than Delta and the original strain, that stat point doesn't really do a whole lot of justice to that statement. It's not like the unvaccinated are coming in droves while everyone else is ok at home. No this strain isn't as damaging to the lungs as the previous ones were, so most aren't getting hit nearly as hard as before.

correcaminos

I've seen it too. However at my job alone the only coworkers I've seen had it twice were the vaccinated and they got it pretty bad, one has been out for months sadly. This person was awesome and a vital piece to our work force. The only reason why I say anything is because there are still jobs and places you can't go if your unvaccinated which makes zero sense. If you've had covid then you have the antibodies, which the vaccinated have the antibodies too. Since both roads leads to the same outcome, why the divisiveness?
Your anti-vax talk makes zero sense. If someone caught covid then as you incorrectly said, their antibodies would last years so vaccinated or not, they would be better off - as you keep implying. It has repeatedly been proven that vaccinated have less chance of becoming ill, but if they do their severity is diminished. Your single person anecdote means nothing. Especially because you have zero clue if their body just sucks and wipes out antibodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom