Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelz2315

Looks like cases are going up but hospitalizations/deaths are not on the same plane. I am guessing this is what "living with the virus" looks like. I don't believe WDW or any other large orgainzation will take any action on safety measures like masks as long as the hospitals don't get overwhelmed.

I could be wrong though, not sure what WDW uses to guide their decision making.

correcaminos

Looks like cases are going up but hospitalizations/deaths are not on the same plane. I am guessing this is what "living with the virus" looks like. I don't believe WDW or any other large orgainzation will take any action on safety measures like masks as long as the hospitals don't get overwhelmed.

I could be wrong though, not sure what WDW uses to guide their decision making.

I don't think you are wrong though.

Kid came home with stuffy nose today. I thought I heard congestion last night but said it got worse. Negative. So loading up on allergy meds. Ugh. Need it under control by Tuesday and he is hiking tomorrow LOL

Dear Prudence

I’ve heard versions of this going back to when the parks first reopened, and I’ve never understood it. I suppose it makes sense if you spend none of your visit unmasked indoors, but otherwise, Disney seems to me a reasonably high-risk place to be.
I can say for Disneyland in September of 2021 before the mask mandates were lifted--everyone has to mask indoors and almost everyone masked outdoors, with a new exceptions. It was better than going to the grocery store. It felt safer than the grocery store. But I would have NEVER gone to WDW when it first opened back up in July 2020.

Now flash forward to last week and no one was wearing masks except a few of us (plus a few cast members). I chose to continue to wear my two, isolate when I got home for a day, and take an at-home Covid test. There are hand sanitizers everywhere still (and this should stay in effect, tbh). I also made sure to wash my hair every night and put my dirty clothes in a separate garbage bag (which I do at home anyway).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can say for Disneyland in September of 2021 before the mask mandates were lifted--everyone has to mask indoors and almost everyone masked outdoors, with a new exceptions. It was better than going to the grocery store. It felt safer than the grocery store. But I would have NEVER gone to WDW when it first opened back up in July 2020.

Now flash forward to last week and no one was wearing masks except a few of us (plus a few cast members). I chose to continue to wear my two, isolate when I got home for a day, and take an at-home Covid test. There are hand sanitizers everywhere still (and this should stay in effect, tbh). I also made sure to wash my hair every night and put my dirty clothes in a separate garbage bag (which I do at home anyway).

We were at WDW a few weeks ago and half the hand sanitizer stations were either empty of not working.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Just saw a fan video of Guardians of the Galaxy - only one single guest wearing a mask, but plenty of people coughing.

Not entirely interested in attending AP previews now.

correcaminos

Well before anyone even heard of COVID, we never leave the home without it…
We just washed our hands.... hand santizer can leave nasty build up on rings. Spoken as a jeweler. Liquid is better but I just prefer hand washing myself.

Just saw a fan video of Guardians of the Galaxy - only one single guest wearing a mask, but plenty of people coughing.

Not entirely interested in attending AP previews now.
Not all coughing=sick. Keep that in mind. I'm coughing as is my kid. Both negative covid but pumping allergy meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom