Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Harlem

Mixed local news on the Covid situation in Central Florida,
Volusia County/Daytona Beach's largest hospital system

Orange county 14 day positivity creeped up to 2.4% from 2.3%

However, Orange county Covid wastewater concentration reports are going back down after a bump last week.

Florida Cases have leveled off around 1200/day for the past 7 days though.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Mixed local news on the Covid situation in Central Florida,
Volusia County/Daytona Beach's largest hospital system

Orange county 14 day positivity creeped up to 2.4% from 2.3%

However, Orange county Covid wastewater concentration reports are going back down after a bump last week.

Florida Cases have leveled off around 1200/day for the past 7 days though.

If that is mixed news you have extremely high expectations. 😂

BuddyThomas

Cases in China 1000% up from the start of the pandemic. Cases spiking through the roof in Europe as well as Western Australia. Cases in Korea over 10 million and funeral homes overwhelmed. Just a few examples of what is happening outside the “pandemic is over” bubble. There are many other examples. Good thing none of these countries have tourists who travel to Disney World.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Cases in China 1000% up from the start of the pandemic. Cases spiking through the roof in Europe as well as Western Australia. Cases in Korea over 10 million and funeral homes overwhelmed. Just a few examples of what is happening outside the “pandemic is over” bubble. There are many other examples. Good thing none of these countries have tourists who travel to Disney World.
They will get through it. We know how quickly omicron rolls through. Also, not all of Europe. Just certain parts. And certain areas have already peaked.

Vegas Disney Fan

No need to edit my posts. I said what I said. South Korea has done very well. They have held on as long as possible. Can’t avoid it forever. better omicron that delta probably.
I’ve been looking at the numbers in various Countries and this seems to be the case, the Countries that got hit with prior waves are still doing pretty good, the countries that managed to avoid the previous waves are getting hit hard now.

Hopefully this continues as it’ll mean prior infection is working and herd immunity may be obtainable.

I’m also hopeful that the countries getting hit now will experience similar results to us and those who are vaccinated will mostly suffer mild cases and survive.

BuddyThomas

No need to edit my posts. I said what I said. South Korea has done very well. They have held on as long as possible. Can’t avoid it forever. better omicron than delta probably.
South Korea has done very well? How fascinating.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

They have. They were one of the leaders in testing early in the pandemic and managed to avoid the significant waves that really hit the America’s and Europe hard. The had a plan and stuck to it and the people bought into it. But as I said, it was impossible to avoid forever.

Do you want to make an argument that their efforts for avoiding spread for so long led to a lack of immunity that they are paying for now? I mean I guess that’s a possibility. But I think their vaccine rate is decent.

correcaminos

A lot of Europe is over this as well so to speak. And not all of it is spiking through the roof. I could use S. America as what we should look at. It's smarter to look at each region and why it's happening. Australia is very easy to understand. As is S. Korea. Look at their lines... it says something.

What's the end game here for you? I'm not into covid denying any more than I am the other extreme. Balance is wise. I'm also not sure why on earth we should subject people to restrictions when cases do not warrant it.

Vegas Disney Fan

Prior to this wave they’d done amazing. It finally got in though…

8FD354CF-BA94-4D06-9E63-76B52CD03D70.jpeg

Vegas Disney Fan

The US for comparison, lots of waves and valleys. Ironically, our failure has turned into our original goal… we flattened the curve. South Korea success has had the opposite result, because they did such a good job of keeping it out everyone’s now getting it at the same time.

30982195-24B9-49BD-86DB-1C0D67724ECA.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They have. They were one of the leaders in testing early in the pandemic and managed to avoid the significant waves that really hit the America’s and Europe hard. The had a plan and stuck to it and the people bought into it. But as I said, it was impossible to avoid forever.

Do you want to make an argument that their efforts for avoiding spread for so long led to a lack of immunity that they are paying for now? I mean I guess that’s a possibility. But I think their vaccine rate is decent.

South Korea has about 85% of the population fully vaccinated. Looking quickly at the Omicron wave numbers they appear to be having a lower death rate then the US had at the peak of Omicron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom