Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfx

Wow, watching history repeat itself is fascinating. Not fun, though, in this case. Sad as hell, actually.

"People are just OVER it!" > drop mitigations even though numbers are still astronomical > lack of mitigation gives virus a country club environment in which to fester and mutate > here we go again...

DisneyCane

Wow, watching history repeat itself is fascinating. Not fun, though, in this case. Sad as hell, actually.

"People are just OVER it!" > drop mitigations even though numbers are still astronomical > lack of mitigation gives virus a country club environment in which to fester and mutate > here we go again...
"The numbers" aren't astronomical anymore. Have you seen the latest curves?

What are we supposed to do, keep trying to "flatten the curve" in perpetuity? The virus which causes COVID will likely be around for the lifetime of anyone alive today. It is what it is and it will mutate whether we live like it is 2019 or like it is April 2020.

correcaminos

Can I ask what this is in reference to specifically?

Reactions: CJR

EpcoTim

Some articles are out to scare people. This one really is full of that.... read some quotes like this
"A lot of us were assuming that it was going to quickly take off in the United States just like it was doing in Europe and become the new dominant variant," says Nathan Grubaugh, an associate professor of epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health.

So far that hasn't happened. Instead, BA.2 has slowly, but steadily spread even as the omicron surge continued to dissipate.

Denmark also was the ones who removed mitigations right at the height of omicron. Claiming it was the subtype of omicron is a guess. Plus if it caused a wave it was incredibly short lived and on the way down
The fear mongering over this on the radio today was kind of embarrassing. Lots of “this could be” and “we don’t know yet but this might…” and talk of how this spreads so fast that millions of Americans could land in the hospital seemingly all at once. No one wants to wait on the facts anymore, it’s stupid and a big part of the reason people are “over” all of it.

correcaminos

Some articles are out to scare people. This one really is full of that.... read some quotes like this

The fear mongering over this on the radio today was kind of embarrassing. Lots of “this could be” and “we don’t know yet but this might…” and talk of how this spreads so fast that millions of Americans could land in the hospital seemingly all at once. No one wants to wait on the facts anymore, it’s stupid and a big part of the reason people are “over” all of it.
I avoid news as a whole like that now for a reason. I'm usually a wait and see person. Looking at SA it might just slow the curve down. A few weeks ago Denmark's rises were blamed on mitigation so which is it? I really try to be level headed but this headline from NPR felt like click bait almost. What I read didn't match the headline. End result was no one knows half of what they worry about. About a month ago BA.2 was found in the US. We were told then not to worry. Looking globally I don't see why the shift really.

Before people jump I'm not a denier of any sort, I've always been middle road. This is no different.

Touchdown

It does not appear omicron B2 will cause much of anything in this country as it appears omicron v1.0 makes you immune to the sub varient. Not sure why everyone is stressing about this. Cases continue to plummet across the world in areas previously hit by omicron. Sometimes you need to sit back and enjoy the reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom