Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

maui2k7

Lots of changes coming for BC. Full capacity events again, nightclubs reopening with dancing for first time since March 2020.

Not removing masks mandates for indoors, or vaccine passports. Common sense stuff to keep right now.

What is the criteria in BC the government is looking for to say they can drop mask mandates indoors and to stop requiring vaccine passports?

maui2k7

I’m guessing that when Disney World drops the mask mandate for vaccinated individuals tomorrow, the number of people that will be wearing masks indoors at WDW will likely be less than 25%.

Will cast members still be required to wear a mask indoors?

mmascari

See here from the mask thread -
That it's the same policy for employees as guests does offer some insight.

To me, this says they feel the community spread is (or will be) low enough that the rate of breakthroughs in vaccinated people isn't going to have a negative impact on staffing beyond typical. If they thought it would, they would keep things to try and reduce it.

With the same rule, it'll be interesting to see if they enforce the unvaccinated required to wear. Since, they know who is which and it's in the rule. For the same reasons, if they have it in the rule but then ignore it, what other policies can employees just ignore? How would an employee know that one rule matters and has to be followed and another can be ignored and not followed.

I hope they're right about community spread falling through the floor. CDC has Orange county at 7 day 548.57/100K. NYT has Orange county at daily 78/100K and FL at daily 38/100K. Headed down for sure, but not quite there yet. Hopefully it doesn't stop falling.

Personally, I'll feel much better when the daily is under 5/100K and the 7 day closer to 10/100K.

Incomudro

I would add a decimal point. Less than 2.5%.
Yes, we've got to remember that this is a different point in time than the last time masks were dropped.
More people are simply done with the whole thing.
Far more people are vaccinated, and thus a large portion of those people don't fear covid like they did.
Covid is now omicron, which is a significantly smaller risk to everyone - especially the vaccinated - so people fear it less.

correcaminos

Does anyone know if the other hotels such as Swolphin and the Disney Springs hotels will follow Disney and drop their mandates?
No announcement on Swalphin yet. Still the one from this summer. Not all resorts required masks for the guests at Disney Springs. For instance the B Resort has their staff wearing but guests optional. I expect that to vary more.

Incomudro

No announcement on Swalphin yet. Still the one from this summer. Not all resorts required masks for the guests at Disney Springs. For instance the B Resort has their staff wearing but guests optional. I expect that to vary more.
I'll be staying at the Swan in March, I hope they follow suit.
But if not, I can handle masks in the common areas of the hotel.

GimpYancIent

In California (Disneyland), the policy states that masks are required to be worn by unvaccinated guests.

In Florida (Walt Disney World), the policy states that masks are expected to be worn by unvaccinated guests.
I am sure the Disney legal department has now taken note of the discrepancy you have pointed out and will correct it.

Incomudro

My only dislike of common areas for hotels is when going to and from the pool. They're kind of a pain there. I do hope they drop for you. They seem to follow Disney's lead so maybe tomorrow?
Yeah, I can't imagine them hanging on to the regulation for long when the rest of WDW abandons it.
But wearing a mask inside the hotel would be my smallest of mask issues.
Now, when they had to be worn on hotel grounds outside some time ago... Now that would have been a deal breaker.

correcaminos

Yeah, I can't imagine them hanging on to the regulation for long when the rest of WDW abandons it.
But wearing a mask inside the hotel would be my smallest of mask issues.
Now, when they had to be worn on hotel grounds outside some time ago... Now that would have been a deal breaker.
We canceled a July 2020 trip and admittedly that was in part of why. I couldn't imagine outdoors at the resort with them. Granted also having quarantine requirements from spouse's company upon return didn't help either. I can definitely tolerate indoors more than out.

DisneyCane

In California (Disneyland), the policy states that masks are required to be worn by unvaccinated guests.

In Florida (Walt Disney World), the policy states that masks are expected to be worn by unvaccinated guests.

I am sure the Disney legal department has now taken note of the discrepancy you have pointed out and will correct it.

I would imagine the discrepancy is on purpose. I believe California still has a mask mandate for unvaccinated people. Therefore, they would have to require it even if they aren't planning to make any enforcement efforts.

maui2k7

Anyone heard of how things are in the parks today? Must be a lot of smiling faces people can now see indoors without a mask covering them. And of course, we can now see the looks and expressions of frustrated parents with screaming kids - LOL...

correcaminos

Anyone heard of how things are in the parks today? Must be a lot of smiling faces people can now see indoors without a mask covering them. And of course, we can now see the looks and expressions of frustrated parents with screaming kids - LOL...
I have a friend who is local who texted me. Busy at DHS and maybe 1% are masked. Will see how it goes for her as the day goes on.

The one mask I saw in her pic was an outdoor CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom