Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"CVS pharmacies will start to give out free N95 masks as soon as Thursday, with Walmart and other pharmacies also to offer them in coming weeks.

Health officials say N95 masks provide better protection than cloth or typical surgical face coverings from the highly contagious omicron variant of COVID-19.

The masks provided by the federal government will go to CVS stores as well as CVS pharmacies inside Target locations on a rolling basis based on supply, a statement from the company said Wednesday.

CVS is the latest retailer to share details on the rollout of 400 million masks from the Strategic National Stockpile going to pharmacies and community health centers that were part of the federal vaccination effort.

Walmart also revealed Wednesday it expects masks will be available at the front of more than 5,100 Walmart and Sam’s Club stores by the second week of February."

hopemax

The key point seems to be that if you had BA.1 you can still get sick with BA.2. Which leaves questions of how protective is Omicron infection?

So my winter of freedom is already restrained again. I don’t like getting sick because the way it lingers for me. I still have a bit of a cough and medium-high levels of exertion leave me more fatigued. (Normal activity is fine)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The key point seems to be that if you had BA.1 you can still get sick with BA.2. Which leaves questions of how protective is Omicron infection?

So my winter of freedom is already restrained again. I don’t like getting sick because the way it lingers for me. I still have a bit of a cough and medium-high levels of exertion leave me more fatigued. (Normal activity is fine)

Where did you read that?

EpcoTim

Where did you read that?
They mentioned that exact thing on the local NPR station. They were also saying that this variant will spread much faster than the current variant and could have hospitals overwhelmed in the next 2-3 weeks, but apparently they’re calling it a ‘phantom’ virus because you won’t know you have it(?). No idea where they received that info from and I know they are more of a drama-and-story based news source, but it’s all I’ve heard of it.

correcaminos

They mentioned that exact thing on the local NPR station. They were also saying that this variant will spread much faster than the current variant and could have hospitals overwhelmed in the next 2-3 weeks, but apparently they’re calling it a ‘phantom’ virus because you won’t know you have it(?). No idea where they received that info from and I know they are more of a drama-and-story based news source, but it’s all I’ve heard of it.
Nothing personal but they cry wolf way too much with variants. Each one will kill us all. We've had this variant here for a while.... making could out of guesses is a poor idea. Right now none of it us fact and unlike some I won't jump to doomsday scenarios immediately. Giving correct info is smart. Always. Said the same of omicron when naysayers were saying it will be the end of us all. What I get from this is that boosters are important. So do that. Get your shots. Don't assume the worst. I have a hard time believing this will over run in 2-3 weeks if it hasn't already.

JoeCamel

"CVS pharmacies will start to give out free N95 masks as soon as Thursday, with Walmart and other pharmacies also to offer them in coming weeks.

Health officials say N95 masks provide better protection than cloth or typical surgical face coverings from the highly contagious omicron variant of COVID-19.

The masks provided by the federal government will go to CVS stores as well as CVS pharmacies inside Target locations on a rolling basis based on supply, a statement from the company said Wednesday.

CVS is the latest retailer to share details on the rollout of 400 million masks from the Strategic National Stockpile going to pharmacies and community health centers that were part of the federal vaccination effort.

Walmart also revealed Wednesday it expects masks will be available at the front of more than 5,100 Walmart and Sam’s Club stores by the second week of February."

I wonder what will stop distribution site shopping? Can a person go to a Walgreens to get three then cross the street to CVS for three more? On to another Walgreens? I don't know but hope they have something in place to stop the hoarders that make it hard for all of us.

From my armchair it seems that with infection or vaccination the level of impact to you (how yuckky you feel) is directly related to how much immune response you get so if Omicron is not too bad does it really impart much immunity?

EpcoTim

That’s not why they call it stealth. It’s because it’s a bit trickier to determine whether or not you have this specific variant.
Maybe, but they specifically mentioned very mild symptoms with ‘possible dire outcomes’.
I thought that’s what they were referencing but I could be wrong.

hopemax

Where did you read that?
Back. Danish virologist at what appears to be Denmark's version of the CDC, Anders Fomsgaard was interviewed on Danish television. Statement based on examples from Norway.

This article is in Danish, but Google Translate can handle it.

Frequency will be important, but it's too soon to have more details. If it's the <1% of previous viruses that would obviously be a lesser impact than the 7% of BA.1

EpcoTim

Back. Danish virologist at what appears to be Denmark's version of the CDC, Anders Fomsgaard was interviewed on Danish television. Statement based on examples from Norway.

This article is in Danish, but Google Translate can handle it.

Frequency will be important, but it's too soon to have more details. If it's the <1% of previous viruses that would obviously be a lesser impact than the 7% of BA.1
“Swedish chef, calling Swedish chef for translation”
“Uter Dupen puken splimsol burgen yurgen”

translation: we told the one woman it was ok to wear underwear over sweatpants

drizgirl

Nothing personal but they cry wolf way too much with variants. Each one will kill us all. We've had this variant here for a while.... making could out of guesses is a poor idea. Right now none of it us fact and unlike some I won't jump to doomsday scenarios immediately. Giving correct info is smart. Always. Said the same of omicron when naysayers were saying it will be the end of us all. What I get from this is that boosters are important. So do that. Get your shots. Don't assume the worst. I have a hard time believing this will over run in 2-3 weeks if it hasn't already.
Same. Way too much crying wolf with this and I'm far too weary. I'll wait and see, thanks.

Still waiting on that Mu variant to show up.

correcaminos

Same. Way too much crying wolf with this and I'm far too weary. I'll wait and see, thanks.

Still waiting on that Mu variant to show up.
Cow Cattle GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom