Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

natatomic

Another myth found to be untrue. Every study in the last 2 months should put to rest any doubts about getting vaccinated and boosted.

I know this isn’t exactly scientific, but here’s something that makes me question this claim:

Babycenter had due date clubs, and for years, each month’s group has members numbers somewhere in the 30-35k range….until mid-late 2021, in which there has been a significant decrease. If covid itself - or even the uncertainty of covid - were causing a decrease in fertility, we would have started to see decreases in members in 2020. Not a full year later.
Again, I know it’s not scientific, and correlation does not imply causation. But still…these numbers and the timing are…interesting. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• 499B7F76-CB62-4704-A34A-A0B6FD0F3C5B.png
    499B7F76-CB62-4704-A34A-A0B6FD0F3C5B.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 67
  • B82199DD-F312-4F79-AB6F-1E625098102D.png
    B82199DD-F312-4F79-AB6F-1E625098102D.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 40E64C09-CC24-45E2-9365-975D9BB3EC86.png
    40E64C09-CC24-45E2-9365-975D9BB3EC86.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 19595940-5E04-4F92-B5E6-C62DF87D9160.png
    19595940-5E04-4F92-B5E6-C62DF87D9160.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 55
  • CF5DE8C4-1440-4B5F-AB63-988EDAD34B04.png
    CF5DE8C4-1440-4B5F-AB63-988EDAD34B04.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 52
  • E8EE4382-6849-4140-94B2-4E0CBEF751C0.png
    E8EE4382-6849-4140-94B2-4E0CBEF751C0.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 14AAD329-4778-45EC-A142-E7914AC0A3C4.png
    14AAD329-4778-45EC-A142-E7914AC0A3C4.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

correcaminos

I know this isn’t exactly scientific, but here’s something that makes me question this claim:

Babycenter had due date clubs, and for years, each month’s group has members numbers somewhere in the 30-35k range….until mid-late 2021, in which there has been a significant decrease. If covid itself was causing decrease in fertility, we would have started to see decreases in members in 2020. Not a full year later.
Again, I know it’s not scientific, and correlation does not imply causation. But still…these numbers and the timing are…interesting. Just my two cents.
Um. No. Sorry that shows nothing other than people not using that site for who knows what reason. This is nothing more than anti-vax scare tactics and I'd love to know who started that one. Off to google.

natatomic

Everyone: People should be more responsible with their family planning!

People: There is too much uncertainty in the world right now, maybe not the best time to have a kid.

Response: COVID vaccines cause infertility. Only explanation!
I get that, but you’d think the slow down would have started showing in mid to late 2020 when covid first hit and we knew next to nothing about it. The world was practically shut down for months.
again, I’m not saying it’s absolute PROOF of anything. I just think it’s a pretty big coincidence that the slow down stared 6 months or so after a rollout of a certain product. Interesting timing, that’s all. Take it with a huge grain of salt, if you will. Just…pretty crazy timing.

correcaminos

I get that, but you’d think the slow down would have started showing in mid to late 2020 when covid first hit and we knew next to nothing about it. The world was practically shut down for months.
again, I’m not saying it’s absolute PROOF of anything. I just think it’s a pretty big coincidence that the slow down stared 6 months or so after a rollout of a certain product. Interesting timing, that’s all. Take it with a huge grain of salt, if you will. Just…pretty crazy timing.
No it's not close to being proof. In fact it's irrelevant information and irresponsible to even imply. No salt needed. Studies show this means nothing.

hopemax

Everyone talks about how sucky 2021 was, worse than 2020, even. The memes were all over the place. A world of sucky stuff does not put people in the mood. In 2020, most people were annoyed in the moment, but still were feeling confident it would be over sooner rather than later. Certainly it would all be over by the time it would take for a baby to arrive. We're still waiting. Each not-end worsened the collective mood. Labor disruption, supply disruption, inflation, full hospitals... why on earth would any responsible person want to have a baby at any point in 2021? Or 2022 so far...

Heppenheimer

Another myth found to be untrue. Every study in the last 2 months should put to rest any doubts about getting vaccinated and boosted.

There were trials from the reproductive endocrinology field last year that showed no decline in fertility for the vaccinated vs. unvaccinated (excluding cases of COVID), so this is nothing new. And unless the vaccine induced a rare autoimmune reaction against parts of the reproductive system, there's no plausible biological mechanism for a vaccine to cause fertility problems.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Everyone talks about how sucky 2021 was, worse than 2020, even. The memes were all over the place. A world of sucky stuff does not put people in the mood. In 2020, most people were annoyed in the moment, but still were feeling confident it would be over sooner rather than later. Certainly it would all be over by the time it would take for a baby to arrive. We're still waiting. Each not-end worsened the collective mood. Labor disruption, supply disruption, inflation, full hospitals... why on earth would any responsible person want to have a baby at any point in 2021? Or 2022 so far...
Well... we did welcome our little Liesel into the world this December (both wifey and I are fully vaccinated). When you're hitting your mid 40s, you can only delay having a kid for so long.

correcaminos

You had me until this. Mostly agree otherwise.

Incomudro

A world of being locked in the house together with little else to do can lead to things.

maui2k7

Arguably nobody was locked in their house at all, but in general people have been spending a lot more time at home since the start of the pandemic.
Thankfully our country is not called China.

China currently has about about 20 million people locked down in their homes for the last 3 weeks. The government brings food to everyone so no one leaves their home. They cannot leave for anything except testing.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

I'm scared about endemic as future variants being worse to keep the pandemic going. I don't want this endemic to be happen. I want back to normal like 2019.

Patcheslee

DD13s 2nd test finally back (tested the 18th) positive. Sore throat and runny nose started over the weekend (9 days after her close contact). Work health number apparently isn't staffed during weekends to even get directions on if I can report to work or not tomorrow morning.
Finally got through to work. I'm home until further notice. "Due to the backlog in employee cases" I can expect a phone call in 3 or 4 days for further instructions besides need to have a negative PCR myself. PCR test scheduled for tomorrow (did that as soon as got DD13s result). DH told to stay home at least days, his work is requiring him to use his vacation time as they always have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom