Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizgirl

Irrelevant, but the Japanese know how to protect themselves and wear masks to prevent spreading germs etc. Sounds like logical sense to me whatever country practices it, but some anti mask folks rally around the Ma' Freedumb mumbo jumbo.
You are free to wear your mask as long as you like. I just got my fresh supply on KN-95s and will continue wearing them for now, despite the fact that we don’t have a mask mandate. Kind of wish we did. But I will not be wearing them indefinitely. No matter how many insults you throw at people with a different opinion from you.

Lilofan

You are free to wear your mask as long as you like. I just got my fresh supply on KN-95s and will continue wearing them for now, despite the fact that we don’t have a mask mandate. Kind of wish we did. But I will not be wearing them indefinitely. No matter how many insults you throw at people with a different opinion from you.
You are mistaken and personal attacks are not allowed . I merely stated why it is a good idea why Japan residents wear masks/flu season etc. You come out with a sarcastic statement stating "we aren't Japan" which is insulting in itself.

DisneyDebRob

They are after making everyone wear them.
I’ve heard many say they will continue to wear them. I’ve heard others say they won’t when this wave is over. I’ve also heard many say they don’t wear them now and won’t unless the business requires it. I’ve never heard anyone hear say they should be required always and forever. Maybe I missed those posts.

Lilofan

I’ve heard many say they will continue to wear them. I’ve heard others say they won’t when this wave is over. I’ve also heard many say they don’t wear them now and won’t unless the business requires it. I’ve never heard anyone hear say they should be required always and forever. Maybe I missed those posts.
I know some who don't like what to be told. At times these folks refer to the ones telling them as " they ".

drizgirl

You are mistaken and personal attacks are not allowed . I merely stated why it is a good idea why Japan residents wear masks/flu season etc. You come out with a sarcastic statement stating "we aren't Japan" which is insulting in itself.
No, that's not merely what you said. You went on to add the condescending and overused "Ma Freedum" comment.
I know some who don't like what to be told. At times these folks refer to the ones telling them as " they ".
LOL, you're trying too hard. "They" isn't special code for anything. It's a commonly used pronoun for an unspecified group of people.

correcaminos

The problem is, the pushing for the vaccines isn't some haha joke here. People on this board and in the new Rasmussen poll suggested unvaccinated persons stay home and should not be aloud to do anything outside of feeding themselves in which they also didn't want the unvaccinated to work. That's not ok lol. You said oh well the pushing of vaccines is just a sign that people are scared and that they care. People want others to not be able to afford food. While the contrast to those pushing that is, " if you want to take the vaccine..cool." That's a drastic shift in ideals. I said this from the very beginning, it's not a good road to go down, don't let your minds go there. Now look, everyone gets the virus, the politicians are starting to spew the word endemic and things will slowly creep back to normal before the midterms. Fear is a terrible thing, believe me I've suffered with panic disorder for over a year and it's awful, but to push those fears on others and hurt the thousands of families it has hurt, isn't right. With that, let's move on, try and work together and understand each other despite our differences. Let Mercy and Truth prevail.
No, this whole pandemic is not a joke, and yet here you are pushing agendas and politics still. The fact that you view the pandemic as political speaks volumes.

Also please do not quote me and twist my words. Also please do not imply that I want vaccinated people to stay home - though I do not know why people fight that when the at risk were told to stay home before. What I did say was that I understood why people are fearful and how it is not an addiction. For decades I have dealt with GAD and PTSD, so I completely empathize and use what I've learned in therapy to work through this and support people. I will continue to push for the protection of people. Right now our cases on average where I live are higher than a day last year when we had a backlog of cases dump. Districts are going virtual, closing, or delaying starts/closing early due to staffing issues. Hospitals were being overrun. A friend of mine had to be diverted for non-covid and wound up in the ICU with sepsis due to hospitals diverting patients here.

This is no joke and your post shows me you don't understand that some of us are not loling our way through it and actually are wanting to protect all, not just some.

I'm sick of the no vaccine excuses tbh. I hate masks but I’m sick of the jerks that fight wearing and cause issues. I'm sick of people only caring about themselves. Next time you want to talk like this please leave me out. I'm ready to be normal truly and enjoyed my summer of total lack of worry. I'm just not ready to toss it to the wind and risk more medical workers and staff in schools.

So yes, vaccinate to reduce spread - and they do reduce spread and keep some from getting sick at all. Mitigate if spread is high. Keep your distance from me (pandemic or not I'm good with it) and be a good person. I am hoping what we had this summer returns and quickly

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
"At Tufts Medical Center, half of them are vaccinated, and you don’t want to be calling them a vaccine breakthrough hospitalization when they aren’t" - Dr. Shira Doron, a Tufts Medical Center’s epidemiologist

drizgirl

Nice deflection. You said "they" but when a fellow forum member inquired about it, you could not provide an example. Got it.
You go right ahead working hard to find something in my completely appropriate use of a pronoun. I didn't answer the first comment because I thought it was quite obvious what I meant and didn't want to bog the thread down with a pedantic reply. But once you did just that, I decided maybe I should answer.

Disneydad1012

"At Tufts Medical Center, half of them are vaccinated, and you don’t want to be calling them a vaccine breakthrough hospitalization when they aren’t" - Dr. Shira Doron, a Tufts Medical Center’s epidemiologist

For those that don't want to click on the link. MA announced today for the first time the actual hospitalization number....51% admitted for severe covid and 49% in for something else that tested positive. Aside from the "news" factor why wasn't this reported correctly all along?

maui2k7

I would never suggest we require people to wear masks when the pandemic is over. However, I will wear masks in the future in Pharmacies and huge crowds. I learned from this pandemic and will take certain lessons from it well into the future to better protect myself and my family.
Thanks for the clarification - appreciated

Incomudro

For those that don't want to click on the link. MA announced today for the first time the actual hospitalization number....51% admitted for severe covid and 49% in for something else that tested positive. Aside from the "news" factor why wasn't this reported correctly all along?
Because they like confusion.
Accurate readily available information as to who (by age, comorbidity, weight etc.) made up what portion of those in hospital, on vent, etc. was rarely shown.
Wanted to know what your personal risk is or was?
Good luck finding that.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Universal has reversed its vaccine/testing mandate -

"Universal employees will not be required to undergo weekly COVID testing if they are not vaccinated, a decision made in response to a change in federal regulations, the company said."

"The update sent to Universal employees Thursday also said employees would be paid if they had to miss a shift due to experiencing side effects from the vaccine or booster shot. That policy runs through April 9, according to the company.

In the message, Universal told employees it would continue to encourage them to be vaccinated but would not require vaccination or regular employee testing.

Workers are still required to share their vaccination status with the company, but Universal has made it optional for employees to upload copies of their vaccine cards to prove vaccination.

Universal spokeswoman Alyson Sologaistoa confirmed the details of the employee message and said Universal had not changed other aspects of its employee policy Thursday."

Chip Chipperson

Universal has reversed its vaccine/testing mandate -

"Universal employees will not be required to undergo weekly COVID testing if they are not vaccinated, a decision made in response to a change in federal regulations, the company said."

"The update sent to Universal employees Thursday also said employees would be paid if they had to miss a shift due to experiencing side effects from the vaccine or booster shot. That policy runs through April 9, according to the company.

In the message, Universal told employees it would continue to encourage them to be vaccinated but would not require vaccination or regular employee testing.

Workers are still required to share their vaccination status with the company, but Universal has made it optional for employees to upload copies of their vaccine cards to prove vaccination.

Universal spokeswoman Alyson Sologaistoa confirmed the details of the employee message and said Universal had not changed other aspects of its employee policy Thursday."

What's the point in asking for vaccination status if they aren't requiring proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom