Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Step 1. Stop firing nurses.
Step 2, RNs who are so valuable are in the heat of the battle and in the firing line. Refuse to get vaccinated, hold them accountable for not complying to policy. A sad example is that a nurse in the other town's hospital who refused to get vaccinated contacted covid, quarantined with symptoms and recovered and is now back to work as a critical care RN.

Lilofan

Speaking as someone who once landed in emergency surgery because she dismissed a surgical abdominal problem as just a viral bug (‘I’ll totally feel better tomorrow, Mom’…. ED three hours later… my mother was *not* thrilled) while she was in residency, doctors can be the worst patients. 😅

(Though, I’ll also say the last two years have been very hard. It’s tough taking care of yourself when you’re working in a constantly stressed/breaking medical system, battling misinformation, dealing with understaffing, and you are hardwired to place the patients before yourself. 😞 We are definitely not immune to the same issues with weight gain, depression, ect that everyone else is dealing with, even if we theoretically know better).
I've got doctors and nurses in my extended family. They do such important work. When I visited loved ones in the hospital I ate in the cafeteria. I could see some of the visibly stressed staff eating at record pace ( I thought they were in the Army ) eating pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries and then exit the cafe.

DisneyDebRob

My little scorecard I’m keeping of friends and family.. seems Moderna is in the lead by a big margin with the side effects. No data here but just asking people but it’s like 19 Pfizer shots, 2 side effects.. and Moderna 13 shots with 9 side effects. Not peer reviewed so it means nothing.🙂 Hopefully you will be feeling much better later today and tomorrow.

Incomudro

Since we're following the science...

There's no evidence that taking extra D forestalls or shortens colds. In fact, science can't even agree what normal levels of D are let alone if someone is D deficient outside of showing the symptoms of rickets.

There are no studies to show extra D is helpful with regard to Covid.

Ingesting extra vitamins past what the body can utilize is like trying to put more gas in a car with a full tank.

Actually, there are.
There's a Doctor that I watch on YouTube, Dr. John Cambell out of the UK.
The essence of his channel is mostly the reading of studies, and explaining how they were done and what the results were, and if they are of merit.
He's a very measured, and non sensationalistic man, and it's a very good channel.
He read a study where vitamin D showed good results.

Incomudro

Since we're following the science...

There's no evidence that taking extra D forestalls or shortens colds. In fact, science can't even agree what normal levels of D are let alone if someone is D deficient outside of showing the symptoms of rickets.

There are no studies to show extra D is helpful with regard to Covid.

Ingesting extra vitamins past what the body can utilize is like trying to put more gas in a car with a full tank.
Yes, but does the average American get the vitamins they need?
Seriously, look at the junk an average American consumes.
Most of it can only loosely be considered food.

Heppenheimer

Yes, but does the average American get the vitamins they need?
Seriously, look at the junk an average American consumes.
Most of it can only loosely be considered food.
A significant basis of health problems in the US (and much of the developed world) today isn't malnutrition, it's the consequences of over-nutrition. True dietary deficiencies, with the exception of some diseases or treatments that cause that malabsorption, are so rare in the US that the only time I've seen cases in my career was on deployment to Afghanistan.

Our problem is that we consume too much, not because we lack some vital ingredients in our diets.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
My little scorecard I’m keeping of friends and family.. seems Moderna is in the lead by a big margin with the side effects. No data here but just asking people but it’s like 19 Pfizer shots, 2 side effects.. and Moderna 13 shots with 9 side effects. Not peer reviewed so it means nothing.🙂 Hopefully you will be feeling much better later today and tomorrow.
Pfizer here.

Dose 1, nothing.

Dose 2, 24 hours of side effects. 103F fever, chills, general malaise, sense of taste affected, sweating.

Booster, 48 hours of side effects, but not as bad as dose 2s. 100F fever, general malaise, tired.

JoeCamel

A significant basis of health problems in the US (and much of the developed world) today isn't malnutrition, it's the consequences of over-nutrition. True dietary deficiencies, with the exception of some diseases or treatments that cause that malabsorption, are so rare in the US that the only time I've seen cases in my career was on deployment to Afghanistan.

Our problem is that we consume too much, not because we lack some vital ingredients in our diets.
Pssst, don't tell the healthfood/nutrition industry

correcaminos

Actually, there are.
There's a Doctor that I watch on YouTube, Dr. John Cambell out of the UK.
The essence of his channel is mostly the reading of studies, and explaining how they were done and what the results were, and if they are of merit.
He's a very measured, and non sensationalistic man, and it's a very good channel.
He read a study where vitamin D showed good results.
For every 1 study that says yes, I've seen more that say no. Those who are vitamin D deficient might. Nothing personal but one study discussed by someone on youtube isn't enough for me. In fact if someone's platform is youtube I tend to ignore.

You harp so much on weight, yet I think you don't understand what really causes it for some. If you want a real discussion on it, I'm glad to give real experiences. You'd be surprised - quick foods weren't my problem.

Lilofan

In regards to health , when I go to the supermarket I notice the healthiest foods are at the corners of the store and the junk food that is killing America is at eye level in the middle of the store in many of the aisles. In some aisles, the healthy stuff is towards the top and lower level of the shelves and the unhealthy stuff is at eye level. I also notice the shopping carts are bigger and can hold more purchases.

correcaminos

Me:
Pfizer dose 1 sore arm after maybe 4 hours gone within 48
Pfizer dose 2 sore arm within an hour. Felt warm but no fever registered for an hour or so. Gone in 48 hours
Pfizer dose 3 same as dose 1 though a bit less painful. I was 10 months post 2nd dose when I got it almost to the day, so longer than many.

Spouse:
Moderna. All 3 sore arm maybe 1.5 out of 10 for a day. 7 months post 2nd dose for booster (edit: half dose)

13 yo:
Pfizer Dose 1: nothing outside of super mild arm pain only when touched.
Pfizer Dose 2: same pain level mild brain fog next morning (no 3rd dose at this time for that age)

As a whole my family (siblings, dad and inlaws) had mild reactions. I'm honestly curious what causes it worse for some than others.

Last edited:

hopemax

I’ve had 3 Moderna shots, and only had injection site pain with all 3. I’m beginning to feel left out. :)

DisneyCane

And here’s is a great example of why it’s so hard to be healthy in the US: an aversion to having regular yearly physicals.
In my case since my wife is a doctor she has always kept an eye on my health. She told me I was at the age where getting regular lab work is getting important so that's why I started going to a primary care doc.

DisneyCane

Me:
Pfizer dose 1 sore arm after maybe 4 hours gone within 48
Pfizer dose 2 sore arm within an hour. Felt warm but no fever registered for an hour or so. Gone in 48 hours
Pfizer dose 3 same as dose 1 though a bit less painful. I was 10 months post 2nd dose when I got it almost to the day, so longer than many.

Spouse:
Moderna. All 3 sore arm maybe 1.5 out of 10 for a day. 7 months post 2nd dose for booster (edit: half dose)

13 yo:
Pfizer Dose 1: nothing outside of super mild arm pain only when touched.
Pfizer Dose 2: same pain level mild brain fog next morning (no 3rd dose at this time for that age)

As a whole my family (siblings, dad and inlaws) had mild reactions. I'm honestly curious what causes it worse for some than others.
Me and my wife both had Moderna.

Me:
Dose 1 slightly sore arm for a day or so
Dose 2 moderately sore arm, low grade fever, completely exhausted for a few hours probably 8 hours in, lots of joint aches. Gone in 48.
Dose 3 slightly sore arm and some very minor joint aches, nothing close to dose 2

Wife:
Dose 1 moderately sore arm (she gets sore arms from the flu shot also about the same severity)
Dose 2 wiped out exhausted for a few hours about 8 hours post shot, could barely stay awake, then bad chills, couldn't get warm and couldn't really sleep most of the night
Dose 3 moderate to severe sore arm, not much else

She was a little over 10 months post dose 2 and I was a little over 7 so that doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. If more boosters are required I can definitely handle this level of side effect and keep going back. If it was like dose 2 again, it would have taken a lot of motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom