Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's not necessarily true, though. We don't know that the effectiveness of the boosters will wane as the initial doses have. There are other cases where vaccines have needed a single booster and after that confer long-term protection. That may be the case here. No one has yet determined that repeated boosters will be necessary. Hopefully, they won't.

It's also a matter of what you are trying to achieve with the boosters. For a lot of people boosters are really only needed to prevent infection, since even un-boosted the vaccines still appear to protect against serious illness.

disneygeek90

It's also a matter of what you are trying to achieve with the boosters. For a lot of people boosters are really only needed to prevent infection, since even un-boosted the vaccines still appear to protect against serious illness.
I decided to get the booster about 10 days before my cruise earlier this month. My parents were boosted, and my brother was vaccinated + had covid in October. I felt the least immune out of all of them!

I will say I felt the 3rd shot (Pfizer) more than the first two. The first two were incredibly minimal, nothing more than a dull headache. The booster had me feeling drained and with a fever about 24 hours later. Slept it off and then was fine after that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I will say I felt the 3rd shot (Pfizer) more than the first two. The first two were incredibly minimal, nothing more than a dull headache. The booster had me feeling drained and with a fever about 24 hours later. Slept it off and then was fine after that.

All three Pfizer doses were about the same for me. I think I had a little more arm pain with the 3rd, but not by much.

Redhawk

Seems odd that some posters say that per the pharmacist they didn't have to stay. I'm glad our pharmacist made us stay for 15 min sitting in the seats next to the pharmacist station in case of allergic reaction.
I got my Pfizer booster yesterday at a CVS and my husband got his Moderna at another CVS -- across the street from each other (LOL), one in a Target -- and at both the pharmacist asked us to wait 15 minutes "if you have the time". I waited the full 15 and then walked around the Target shopping, felt a little woozy and was glad I could go sit down again if I needed to. I recalled feeling the same wooziness about an hour after the first shot. It quickly passed and I went to bed early feeling tired; this morning my arm is sore but that's all. Really hoping this one will cover us well through winter.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

For longer than they remain highly effective against transmission but the serious illness protection also appears to wane. Probably not enough to need a booster yet but it is unknown how long that protection lasts.

Vegas Disney Fan

Judging by my bizarre dreams and restlessness last night I think they accidentally gave me a psychedelic instead of a Pfizer booster. Are crazy dreams a side affect?

Every time I fell asleep I’d have a crazy dream that would wake me up.

A bad nights sleep and a sore arm is it though, other than being tired I feel fine today.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH (it was delayed until today due to the holiday - the data is from Nov. 19 to Nov. 25th). The number of new deaths reported from the last report (November 19th) to this report is 467.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.26.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.26.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.26.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.26.42 PM.png

Data for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.31.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.31.30 PM.png

Lilofan

Judging by my bizarre dreams and restlessness last night I think they accidentally gave me a psychedelic instead of a Pfizer booster. Are crazy dreams a side affect?

Every time I fell asleep I’d have a crazy dream that would wake me up.

A bad nights sleep and a sore arm is it though, other than being tired I feel fine today.
If one took melatonin , then lucid dreams happen on occasion. I take 5 mg nightly to melt into my mattress.

DisneyCane

Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH (it was delayed until today due to the holiday - the data is from Nov. 19 to Nov. 25th). The number of new deaths reported from the last report (November 19th) to this report is 467.

View attachment 604147View attachment 604148View attachment 604149View attachment 604150

Data for Orange County -

View attachment 604153View attachment 604154
Not exactly a stampede of people getting their 5-11 year old children vaccinated. 19% of the fully vaccinated have gotten a booster.

mmascari

Molnupiravir received its EUA today. I didn't watch the hearing or read the research paper yet, but it looks like the drug may not be quite the game changer we had hoped for.
My understanding is preliminary data looked great, but wasn’t enough people enrolled yet. That started the review process early. Then the second set of additional data was added, and it all was less effective. Lots of work needed to see if it was data sample issues, like maybe a hospital that was a particular population in one of the data sets but not the other, skewing the results.

Definitely a let down.

Both pills have limited use timeframes too. Helpful, but not radical game changers. Still best to get vaccinated.

Did they actually announce EUA or just the advisory vote? Not that they’ll likely deviate.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I for one don't want to be poked and prodded by somebody who isn't taking minimal precautions. I have immunocompromised relatives for whom the vaccines are not as effective how are they supposed to protect themselves. IMHO this is dangerous

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I for one don't want to be poked and prodded by somebody who isn't taking minimal precautions. I have immunocompromised relatives for whom the vaccines are not as effective how are they supposed to protect themselves. IMHO this is dangerous
The question isn’t whether we see it as dangerous. The question is whether the president has the authority to put this mandate in place. As other cases that are similar, I imagine the final ruling with come from the Supreme Court. So definitely not over, even as the judge mentions.

JoeCamel

The question isn’t whether we see it as dangerous. The question is whether the president has the authority to put this mandate in place. As other cases that are similar, I imagine the final ruling with come from the Supreme Court. So definitely not over, even as the judge mentions.
Since the en banc decision in the 9th circuit went the other way you are correct. This decision needs to go the appeals court asap so it can be settled. Some seem to want to drag this on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom