I hear there's a new variant.

Yes.

What's it called?

The nu variant.

Yes. What's it's name?

The nu variant.

Yes, the name of the new variant.

Correct.

Correct? I want to know the name of the new variant.

You got it!

How could you tell if I got it? I don't feel sick!

Were you exposed to someone with the nu variant?

How would I know? I don't know it's name!

The nu variant?

Yes. That one.

But you got it.

How do I know I got it?

There's a test for the nu variant.

And what's it called? Should I as the pharmacist for a test for the new variant?

Yes.

But what if there's another new variant?

It wouldn't be called 'nu,' then.

Why wouldn't they call it new?

Because we already have a nu variant.

But we're getting new variants all the time!

No, just one nu variant.

So, there will be no more variants, just this new one?

No there will be variants after this nu variant.

And they'll be the new variants, then!

No, they wont be nu.
ouch-lou-costello.gif

Vegas Disney Fan

Interesting that even Fauci has changed his message from beat it to learn to live with it.

“We certainly are not going to eradicate it. We’ve only eradicated one virus, and that’s smallpox. Elimination means there’s none of it in the country, like we have now with polio and with measles,” Fauci told NBC News anchor Chuck Todd. “I don’t think we’re going to be there with this. But what I do think we will be able to do is get a level of control that’s low enough that it doesn’t interfere with our function, it doesn’t have a major impact on society and what we do. It’s not going to go away.”

Also in regards to new strains being more vaccine resistant:

“It (the vaccine) may not be as good in protecting against initial infection, but it has a very important impact on diminishing the likelihood that you’re going to get a severe outcome from it”

Get vaccinated and get back to living… me.

lazyboy97o

Interesting that even Fauci has changed his message from beat it to learn to live with it.

“We certainly are not going to eradicate it. We’ve only eradicated one virus, and that’s smallpox. Elimination means there’s none of it in the country, like we have now with polio and with measles,” Fauci told NBC News anchor Chuck Todd. “I don’t think we’re going to be there with this. But what I do think we will be able to do is get a level of control that’s low enough that it doesn’t interfere with our function, it doesn’t have a major impact on society and what we do. It’s not going to go away.”

“It (the vaccine) may not be as good in protecting against initial infection, but it has a very important impact on diminishing the likelihood that you’re going to get a severe outcome from it”

His definition is clearly different from the one being pushed that involves things like ongoing shortages and denial of medical care suddenly being “normal.”

hopemax

His definition is clearly different from the one being pushed that involves things like ongoing shortages and denial of medical care suddenly being “normal.”
Yep.

In my state, we have our FEMA support and we also have a team from Andrews Air Force Base help staff the hospital system in Fort Collins. If that is what your normal looks like, then I guess we have that level of control. If that is not part of your definition of normal, well, there is still work to do.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I already have the vaccine but we weren’t able to find a booster appointment until December 11, and now we have this new variant on the way, so I no longer have any patience with maskless morons.
Depending on where you live, you might be able to just walk in.

My wife and I got our boosters after going to two separate Publix locations. Publix #1 "We just ran out of doses for the day, but this location a mile away still has them available", so we drove to Publix #2 and were able to get our boosters on the spot.

Figgy1

Premium Member

My wife and I got our boosters after going to two separate Publix locations. Publix #1 "We just ran out of doses for the day, but this location a mile away still has them available", so we drove to Publix #2 and were able to get our boosters on the spot.
There aren't a lot of places in some parts of the north east where you can just walk in. Some of the places that have walk ins only have them one hour a day and only take a few during that time. If you're not done by the end of the hour it's try again or make an appointment

Lilofan

My family members and friends here in the USA prepped for their scheduled European business trips to meet / important clients by getting boosters but currently all business travel to Europe they were informed is postponed until further notice.

mkt

Premium Member
My family members here in the USA prepped for their scheduled European business trips to meet / important clients by getting boosters but currently all business travel they were informed is postponed until further notice.
Same for my employer. The only international travel allowed is US/Canada and US/Mexico, but only crossing the border by car.

Lilofan

Same for my employer. The only international travel allowed is US/Canada and US/Mexico, but only crossing the border by car.
Yikes, people need to pack a lot of patience waiting at the border to pass especially at the San Diego and El Paso entry points to enter the USA.

Vegas Disney Fan

There aren't a lot of places in some parts of the north east where you can just walk in. Some of the places that have walk ins only have them one hour a day and only take a few during that time. If you're not done by the end of the hour it's try again or make an appointment
I tried a couple pharmacies last week in Vegas and couldn’t find any available walk ins, appointments were only a few days out though.

Had I really looked I probably could have found a drive through or something but it was just easier to make an appointment.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I tried a couple pharmacies last week in Vegas and couldn’t find any available walk ins, appointments were only a few days out though.

Had I really looked I probably could have found a drive through or something but it was just easier to make an appointment.
I just checked my 6 nearest pharmacies and they're all at least a week out for appointments. IMHO that's both good and bad news

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I just checked my 6 nearest pharmacies and they're all at least a week out for appointments. IMHO that's both good and bad news
Not horrible. I think we are very lucky to live in a place where we can get vaccinated that quickly right after boosters opening up for all. Much of the world doesn’t have that option and too many take that for granted (not you personally of course).

AEfx

It's also getting a bit more complicated with all the "brands" of shot when it comes to boosters. Example, Walgreens (where I got mine to begin with) is only allowing people to schedule appointments for the same type of shot they got previously with the mRNA versions (if you got the J&J they will give you anything they've got, apparently). So I can't go to my local pharmacy to get one, because they no longer have the same "brand" they had before. I have to go like 20 miles away to the closest one that matched what I got before.

Thankfully I was able to get an appointment early this week.

lazyboy97o

Not really, especially when they are getting rid of people. I mean travel techs are in a very high demand right now cause hospitals are having a hard time staffing. I think at first your right in that everyone will get this, but after it subsides its the natural immunity that isn't in the hospitals as much as the vaccinated. But we disagree. There is a reason why we learn in history the good, the bad and the ugly.. let's not forget the countless times people in the past have demonized others over a fear and or propaganda and the tragedies that came to them.
Not really?? So AdventHealth didn’t cancel procedures over the summer? Other hospitals elsewhere aren’t strained? They’re just making it all up for fear and propaganda to serve what end?

Those seeking illness as their path towards immunity are the ones filling hospitals right now. They are the ones consuming resources. If we ever actually get to a point where the vaccinated are the majority of those hospitalized it’ll still be at significantly lower levels than the overwhelming surges that have been experienced.

People who act selfishly in a manner that harms others, who spread lies and act in bad faith deserve to be demonized.

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
Keep in mind, you're also competing against 5-11 year olds for doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom