Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

Case number reporting has been inconsistent this week for the holiday, but hospitalization numbers are still being reported. We end the week in Florida with a new all time low (since HHS started in April 2020) for Florida covid hospitalization. 2.31% covid use across the state, (1322 beds. All time low since April 2020) rate of decrease week to week is slowing slightly,but still steady.

On the flip side Michigan is currently seeing a faster per capita rate increase than Florida ever did even in August right now.
Media us finally getting up to speed. This has been going on for over a month now .

Heppenheimer

I've been reading about it this morning - question - do any of the articles say anything about the actual severity of the illness in the patients? I understand the worry is how fast it's spreading, but I'm reading nothing of the jump in cases with the actual severity. Is it possible it could be it's mutating to spread easier, evade easier, but be more mild?
There doesn't seem to be any indication at this point that it's any more virulent, but we don't really know yet.

Also, South Africa's vaccination rate is far too low to know much about vaccination efficacy, although the difference in the spike protein would suggest some theoretical concerns.

DisneyDebRob

News reporting, in the U.K., that one case of the new variant has been confirmed in Belgium.

Of course it’s a monitor and wait and see but from the golfers from all over the world trying to get out because flights are being stopped, might be something to it. Now with a case outside of South Africa, it’s something definitely to take serious.

dreday3

Of course it’s a monitor and wait and see but from the golfers from all over the world trying to get out because flights are being stopped, might be something to it. Now with a case outside of South Africa, it’s something definitely to take serious.

I think it's probably a reaction due to Delta also. Nobody wants another wave like Delta, so when variant found early like this, people take extreme steps to stop!

Bob Harlem

That’s usually the way it works. So much time is lost in the “ monitor “ status, that it’s usually to late
This variant has already been around for months if the news media is talking about it, and assuming the worst. Actually the Belgian case came from Egypt it seems.

The Hong Kong patient was fully vaccinated back in May and is currently asymptomatic.

4 Botswana cases:Asymptomatic (vaccinated)
1 case in Belgium:Flu symptoms,not severe (Unvaccinated)

South Africa doctors groups reporting cases are generally very mild.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This variant has already been around for months if the news media is talking about it, and assuming the worst. Actually the Belgian case came from Egypt it seems.

The Hong Kong patient was fully vaccinated back in May and is currently asymptomatic.
So it’s “over” then???

…thank god…now I can concentrate on developing my Inpark strategy for lightning lane⚡

Lilofan

I’m not super worried about this right now but I laughed with the WHO essentially told countries not to make any rash decisions.

that’s what you said at the beginning before the world blew up!!!
The ones in the stock market are worried. Its getting hammered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom