Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

Are you guys getting boosters if you aren't in one of the recommended categories?

We are both 48, healthy (as far we know! fingers crossed) and our jobs aren't considered high risk.
My second dose was in Feb, he was in April. I have Moderna, he has Pfizer.

What to do?
We arenā€™t technically in a recommended category, but since we are caregivers to someone high risk we qualified according to our county health dept and I did get the booster about 2 weeks ago.

Iā€™m 47 and a very controlled type 1 diabetic, with normal blood sugars and A1c. Visited my doctor 2 weeks ago and he recommended I not get the booster at this time.

Reactions: ABQ

correcaminos

Are you guys getting boosters if you aren't in one of the recommended categories?

We are both 48, healthy (as far we know! fingers crossed) and our jobs aren't considered high risk.
My second dose was in Feb, he was in April. I have Moderna, he has Pfizer.

What to do?
We would not be if not in a category/trial that allowed for it. Just how it is for us at this time.

JAKECOTCenter

If presuming President Biden's vax or test OSHA rule makes it through court, Disney could very well drop restrictions in spring 2022 for the foreseeable future unless some new variant happens (which it probably will so don't feel too optimistic)

correcaminos

Florida's case rate:View attachment 599608

vs. Ohio's: View attachment 599609

We started the delta surge about a month after Florida and peaked about a month later. But we haven't seen the same kind of declines, sadly. I wonder if that's due to weather? Our lower vaccination rate? The fact that the peak was <1/3 as high per capita? Who knows, but it's frustrating. We saw how quickly ebbed in India and hoped that this would be bad, but at least quick. Now it sure looks like it will linger throughout the holidays.
This is a big part. Also keep in mind some areas were delayed in peaking too so we kind of are plateauing when some areas are dropping. My specific county has dropped more than Ohio is showing - but we're also way lower than the average. so we're still seeing some peaking going on in some counties. I use the kinsa healthweather to watch each county and it's been eye opening to see.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If presuming President Biden's vax or test OSHA rule makes it through court, Disney could very well drop restrictions in spring 2022 for the foreseeable future unless some new variant happens (which it probably will so don't feel too optimistic)
I'm scared about a new variant will get worse or not...:eek: I just want masks go away for trains, buses, planes and cruises next year.

JAKECOTCenter

I'm scared about a new variant will get worse or not...:eek: I just want masks go away for trains, buses, planes and cruises next year.
Most experts (both on the left and right) are saying Delta Plus is the last major variant mutation and as long as most countries can vax up to 70 percent of their population, the end of 2022 will likely be "the end of the pandemic for real this time"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think the Moderna half dose was approved yet, was it?

That's what they submitted though.

Looks like it was approved for the same groups as the Pfizer...

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Most experts (both on the left and right) are saying Delta Plus is the last major variant mutation and as long as most countries can vax up to 70 percent of their population, the end of 2022 will likely be "the end of the pandemic for real this time"
My guess is the end of the pandemic would probably be Spring 2022 or Summer 2022.;)

ToTBellHop

It's all the same product, the difference is why you are given it. A third shot is when it is given because you did not have a good immune response from the first two, a booster is when it is given to boost waning immunity.
The form you fill out is confusing. You attest that youā€™ve had 2 shots and then attest that you are eligible for a 3rd dose or that you are eligible for a booster. You arenā€™t supposed to check yes next to both items. Most people check each yes. Thank goodness itā€™s the same shot.

ToTBellHop

Iā€™ve not heard that. Iā€™ve heard, ā€œwe donā€™t know but COVID is likely to eventually become endemic like the flu.ā€ No timeline.

Thereā€™s no clear definition for pandemic. It will ā€œendā€ when enough experts ā€œfeelā€ it is over.

Tony the Tigger

Florida's case rate:View attachment 599608

vs. Ohio's: View attachment 599609

We started the delta surge about a month after Florida and peaked about a month later. But we haven't seen the same kind of declines, sadly. I wonder if that's due to weather? Our lower vaccination rate? The fact that the peak was <1/3 as high per capita? Who knows, but it's frustrating. We saw how quickly ebbed in India and hoped that this would be bad, but at least quick. Now it sure looks like it will linger throughout the holidays.
You didnā€™t see the peaks, either. Notice the first line on the Florida chart is 10,000; on Ohio, itā€™s half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom