Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcoTim

Not apples and oranges at all, since hospitalization is one of the most important markers of vaccine efficacy. Its directly on point.
You’re running numbers from a wide open group against a consolidated group, there is a difference. Saying the Israeli study doesn’t skew the numbers is ignoring a simple fact.

James J

In the Parks
No
But, why not the Astra Zenica?

It's in the list of accepted vaccines on that page. Every vaccine you see here including AZ has been cleared:

1636279300444.png

hopemax

I was waiting until tomorrow to post an update on my FIL, because there is a very good chance he is going home and I didn't want to jinx it. His COVID treatment went as expected, his CT revealed some clotting in his lungs as happens with COVID, but not concerning. It is something they will be watching for the next month. He did develop bronchitis and that kept him in the hospital a couple more days. They took him off oxygen today. MIL was cleared from quarantine yesterday and celebrated by going to the grocery store.

OTOH, my state (CO) is a disaster right now. Approaching highs, less than 100 ICU beds. So sullyinMT better not need to send any patients to CO ;) .

sullyinMT

I was waiting until tomorrow to post an update on my FIL, because there is a very good chance he is going home and I didn't want to jinx it. His COVID treatment went as expected, his CT revealed some clotting in his lungs as happens with COVID, but not concerning. It is something they will be watching for the next month. He did develop bronchitis and that kept him in the hospital a couple more days. They took him off oxygen today. MIL was cleared from quarantine yesterday and celebrated by going to the grocery store.

OTOH, my state (CO) is a disaster right now. Approaching highs, less than 100 ICU beds. So sullyinMT better not need to send any patients to CO ;) .
Great news for your family! Glad to hear it’s going in a promising direction.

I’ll let my attendings know 😉. Hopefully CO breaks soon. Our county is finally showing promise after being in our darkest days yet. Still at high case counts, but we have enough space to at least resume elective surgeries in some capacity.

TehPuddingMan

Heppenheimer

I don't recall seeing this thread so quiet before. There were only three posts today. I actually take that as a good sign.
Not a whole lot new going on this weekend, I guess. The pediatric vaccine has full EUA, administration has just started, and we haven't yet reached the stage where there's obvious holdouts that we can argue over. And molnupiravir's FDA hearing doesn't happen until the end of the month. Provided it receives authorization, this drug will be the next big COVID news (barring some other horrible development that we didn't expect...).

I finally had days off without pouring rain or wet snow, so I was focused all weekend with doing all my usual pre-winter household tasks. Between nothing much going on COVID-wise and other stuff to do, I don't even think I looked at this website all weekend.

It would be nice if this thread gradually fades away from lack of new things to discuss, but I don't think the pandemic has given us our last surprise yet, unfortunately.

ToTBellHop

The Mob of Stupidity wins again.
No. A 7-day quarantine if a student in CT goes to NY is stupid. International travel? Sure.

Anyone from CT would understand how silly it is trying to keep people from going to NYC, in particular, from here. We have trains into NYC 4x an hour from every town along the shoreline of CT.

I’m about as pro-mask, pro-vaccine as a person can be. Interstate travel restrictions are complete nonsense with a widespread virus.

Nubs70

No. A 7-day quarantine if a student in CT goes to NY is stupid. International travel? Sure.

Anyone from CT would understand how silly it is trying to keep people from going to NYC, in particular, from here. We have trains into NYC 4x an hour from every town along the shoreline of CT.

I’m about as pro-mask, pro-vaccine as a person can be. Interstate travel restrictions are complete nonsense with a widespread virus.
Why even international travel?

Covid is everywhere. You can catch it at home, in school, at work..As long as you take reasonable precautions.

bpiper

I was curious on the ages of the deaths so far from Covid-19. I was wondering if that was accounting for some of the hiring problems that businesses have faced. While it might have a very small impact, its not the smoking gun I thought it might be.

1636389777206.png

Nubs70

I was curious on the ages of the deaths so far from Covid-19. I was wondering if that was accounting for some of the hiring problems that businesses have faced. While it might have a very small impact, its not the smoking gun I thought it might be.

View attachment 599290
Come now, we all know by a RCT that 0-29 spread it to the older groups. 0-29 are causal vectors.

James J

In the Parks
No
Speaking of international travel, though these two are headed to JFK, but still, it's good to see.

It's great to see, and I'll be on my way back to the US in six weeks. Although that's to spend two weeks with the in-laws at their home in Myrtle Beach, SC - not quite a trip to WDW 🤣

I also saw that everyone on the first Virgin flights to Orlando from Heathrow today was given a pair of complimentary Mickey or Minnie ears, which was a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom