Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Have there been any rumors of the still closed restaurants (Artist Point, Flying Fish) opening anytime soon?
Not sure about AP but I have heard Flying Fish will be opening before the Christmas rush starts. It is fully staffed and has been used recently for multiple private parties including one with all the Disney bigwigs the night before the 50th.

Tony the Tigger

Not sure about AP but I have heard Flying Fish will be opening before the Christmas rush starts. It is fully staffed and has been used recently for multiple private parties including one with all the Disney bigwigs the night before the 50th.
Did they get a new chef again recently? I thought I heard that somewhere. We used to love that place before they changed chefs a few years ago.

ABQ

Did they get a new chef again recently? I thought I heard that somewhere. We used to love that place before they changed chefs a few years ago.
Last time I saw any mention of it on this forum, someone said the chef from Flying Fish had been covering Trattoria Al Forno and they were supposedly reopening the Fish in Sept. Here we are in Nov and nothing. I was pretty excited as I'm going to be there next week but still get hit with "Temporarily Unavailable" at so many locations.

Disstevefan1

Not all unions are against a vaccine mandate. Many were totally on board, including police and fire fighter unions.

Some unions are OK with the mandates, but didn't like that they were bypassed in negotiations. Some, just to retain power, others, with a real desire to protect some of their workers who couldn't get vaccinated and to hash out penalties and grounds for being fired.

The union leadership that are totally against a mandate need to check in with their constituents whom they're supposed to be representing. The majority got vaccinated and may not be happy with their union leadership being anti-science and anti-vax.
I don't think any unions are anti vaccine. Some are anti mandate. Some want natural immunity to be considered.

lazyboy97o

Before the mandate it was, now these folks are suddenly dangerous.
Do you not understand the concept of different circumstances? You stop doing the dangerous action when an alternative becomes available. You don’t applaud continuing the dangerous actions after a safer alternative is available, especially when there is no good reason beyond acting like a toddler screaming “I want to!”

Disstevefan1

Do you not understand the concept of different circumstances? You stop doing the dangerous action when an alternative becomes available. You don’t applaud continuing the dangerous actions after a safer alternative is available, especially when there is no good reason beyond acting like a toddler screaming “I want to!”
Totally agree. The circumstances have indeed changed. Stay safe.

ToTBellHop

Because it was considered an acceptable risk for a first responder when we had no vaccine, since the only other option would have been to let people die in their home.

But we have vaccines now, and the risk analysis has undergone a seismic shift.
I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. If you were comfortable risking your life against a virus to save people in 2020, why wouldn’t you be comfortable taking a vaccine at a much lower risk to save people in 2021? Doesn’t sound very heroic to me. “I’m only heroic when doing so garners likes on Facebook”?

seascape

Natural immunity is less effective.
There is no proof one way or the other if this statement is true. My doctor told me after I was infected last November that my protection with proof of antibodies provided me with the needed protection and I didnt need to take the vaccine as long as I continued to have antibidies. That said I still got vaccinated in February and March 2021 so I could travel. I will also got a booster on Friday but I also support the right for others to make their own educated choice.

MrPromey

There is no proof one way or the other if this statement is true. My doctor told me after I was infected last November that my protection with proof of antibodies provided me with the needed protection and I didnt need to take the vaccine as long as I continued to have antibidies. That said I still got vaccinated in February and March 2021 so I could travel. I will also got a booster on Friday but I also support the right for others to make their own educated choice.
There kind of is:

Unless you believe the CDC is lying in which case, we have nothing to discuss.

seascape

There kind of is:

I will believe my doctor and friends of mine who actually work in developing vaccines in the New jersey. I do not trust the CDC alone but take all the information I have into account. My wife and I took the vaccine in February and March because we believe it is safe and some places require proof of vaccination. My complaint is that the vaccince does not protect everyone because not everyone develops antibodies and the Government does nothing to test those who take the shot to determine if they are protected.

Flugell

Before the mandate it was, now these folks are suddenly dangerous.
I see it that they were most definitely heroic before the availability of vaccination. If they refuse the vaccine then they are placing the public, who may require medical assistance, at a greater, albeit still small risk. What is heroic about that? If someone is immunocompromised, they may require medical assistance despite doing everything that they can to isolate, a non vaccinated member of emergency services could infect with catastrophic results. The need for emergency services to vaccinate is paramount if they are to treat all patients with confidence.
I am not unsympathetic to the idea of personal choice if it doesn’t impact others but the emergency services do have an impact. They may also be placed at greater risk by unvaccinated patients…………….?

Heppenheimer

There kind of is:

The article was published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), which is just about the worldwide gold standard for analyzing disease data.

And yes, as soon as this was published, I saw a flood of comments online about how the CDC can no longer be trusted and accusing the CDC of bowing to political pressure (despite the article only being published, not generated, by the CDC). All because the study contradicts what they want to believe. If you want to question a study, fine, go ahead, but do it on the merits of the study design or data interpretation. A priori assumptions that a study must be flawed or biased because it doesn't reinforce what people want to be true (ie, confirmation biases) are part of the reason we're still in this mess today

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

I will believe my doctor and friends of mine who actually work in developing vaccines in the New jersey. I do not trust the CDC alone but take all the information I have into account. My wife and I took the vaccine in February and March because we believe it is safe and some places require proof of vaccination. My complaint is that the vaccince does not protect everyone because not everyone develops antibodies and the Government does nothing to test those who take the shot to determine if they are protected.
We know from prior studies, though, that the antibody response to natural infection has been inconsistent between individuals. This was only lab data previously that needed a real-world correlate on actual breakthrough infection rates, but the paper just published in MMWR provides that demonstration.

And I repeat again, if you don't trust that MMWR is published in good faith, then you can't trust anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom