• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Tony the Tigger

So here is the chart of daily cases from Iowa which has a just OK vaccination rate (52%) and where the Delta variant accounted for over half of cases in the last two weeks of June and has been estimated to be 80% at this point.

View attachment 571984
Why, again, is there so much panic? Even with the increases in FL, FL's daily cases are still lower than at any point during the pandemic except for the brief period which preceded the increase.
Do you have to wait for the train to hit you before you know it’s coming?

Again?

ImperfectPixie

So apparently the Tennessee state Department of Health will no longer advocate for minors to be vaccinated. Not just against COVID-19, but across the board. Should we applaud this “respect” for different “opinions”?
They also fired the person responsible for state vaccinations (all vaccines...not just COVID) because she cited a Tennessee Supreme court ruling and sent out a memo to doctors that under certain circumstances, teenagers can be vaccinated without parent permission.

Wendy Pleakley

The fact that all the medical authorities cant get their messages straight frustrates me

I was told to mix AZ with mRNA due to superior immunity results. Now the WHO warns about the danger of mixing vaccine types...I was like "You gotta be kidding me?"

Murphys law will dictate two things..till our upcoming trip end of September, Floridas numbers will mimmik last years New York ones and US will not let mix and match vaccines in accross the border.

Yes I am a glass half full guy :)

Clarification that the WHO advises that mixing vaccines is fine if directed to do so by health authorities. What they warned against was people making such a decision on their own.

lisa12000

To follow up on this:

They still have added the proviso that if places such as nightclubs don’t do enough to mitigate spread in their clubs then it will be mandated - imo it will be compulsory come the September review ‘to save winter’

DisneyCane

The rate of hospitalization in the 19-40 demographic has increased. Meaning that the Delta variant is more dangerous to that demographic than the UK variant was.
What data is showing this? I thought that data out of the UK was that there wasn't any increase in severity from Delta. Just more contagious so more young people being infected (because they weren't vaccinated).

DisneyCane

I wonder how this will end. IMO kudos to Norwegian for sticking to their guns on how they want to safely operate.

It will be interesting to see. I guess it will come down to who the courts decide has jurisdiction over the port and passengers embarking. It's complex because it involves cruise ships which don't really provide their service in Florida.

Disney would 100% lose a suit like this if they wanted to challenge the law in federal court and check vaccination status at WDW because WDW is in FL and the service they provide is 100% in FL.

DisneyDebRob

It will be interesting to see. I guess it will come down to who the courts decide has jurisdiction over the port and passengers embarking. It's complex because it involves cruise ships which don't really provide their service in Florida.

Disney would 100% lose a suit like this if they wanted to challenge the law in federal court and check vaccination status at WDW because WDW is in FL and the service they provide is 100% in FL.
I’m actually wondering why all the cruise lines don’t file the suit together. In the long run it’s beneficial for them I believe to safely operate without the headlines of outbreaks. The only way, IMO for not all of them to combine a suit is because of just getting back in to the cash cow they have. Would love to see DCL join in.
As for the parks I agree.

ImperfectPixie

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
What data is showing this? I thought that data out of the UK was that there wasn't any increase in severity from Delta. Just more contagious so more young people being infected (because they weren't vaccinated).
The U.K. now has more younger people (the under 40s) ending up in the ICU than they did before. But the absolute numbers in ICU are much lower than at the earlier waves, as you would expect with vaccinations.

Heelz2315

I was wondering this morning. When will this Delta wave peak and what will that look like? We may (and I hate to suggest this) come out better for this come the fall. Due to the fact that a large chunk of the unvaxxed public will have had COVID by then because of Delta and will have natural immunity through prior infection.

Couple that with the 160M that right now have immunity through vaccination will may be in better shape because of Delta later on. It's bad to think that but it may be true. Just wonder when the Delta will peak and how that'll look is my question.

Kevin_W

I wonder how this will end. IMO kudos to Norwegian for sticking to their guns on how they want to safely operate.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but claiming a 1st amendment violation seems odd. The rest makes sense, though.

Seanual757

I just do not understand what the issue is with asking or showing a vaccine card what is the big deal and my body my choice is a bunch of horse $hit. It's about keeping folks safe and the economy going. I just do not understand the big deal except for the fact that folks do not like to be told they need to do something.

Give me a break I will tell you a co worker 32 years (healthy no medical issues) old opted not to get vaccinated knew the risks felt sick several days before July 4th. He decided to go to certain Central Florida Theme Park (7/6-7/9) for 3 days knowing full well he could spread the virus is on life support (Covid-19) at ORMC fighting for his life his wife and kids are now sick plus one of our other co-workers is also in the ICU at Advent Health in the ICU in a coma with Covid-19 (also not vaccinated) both sat next to each other less than 3 feet apart. Issue is folks do NOT care all because the BS my body my choice I am all for showing proof or have folks upload a vaccine card so it shows on your pass when you scan at the gates and if you do not have a mask on you will be required to put it on.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering this morning. When will this Delta wave peak and what will that look like? We may (and I hate to suggest this) come out better for this come the fall. Due to the fact that a large chunk of the unvaxxed public will have had COVID by then because of Delta and will have natural immunity through prior infection.

Couple that with the 160M that right now have immunity through vaccination will may be in better shape because of Delta later on. It's bad to think that but it may be true. Just wonder when the Delta will peak and how that'll look is my question.
I'm scared this if we will go back indoor masks by fall/winter. Then we'll have big trouble for massive Delta variant wave in this fall/winter in NJ/NY as other states too. No way guys this is America we are going to fight Delta variant as many people will getting vaccinated before it's getting worse than others!

DisneyDebRob

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but claiming a 1st amendment violation seems odd. The rest makes sense, though.
I’m not one either but I play one sometimes online.🙂 I think it’s a case of throwing as much stuff against the wall and maybe something sticks? Have no idea. Maybe someone with lawyer experience can explain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom