Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Having just returned home after a quick 1 1/2 day trip and visiting AK, DHS and Epcot, I just wanted to say how amazing the experience was now that WDW is almost back to normal. Practically no guests wearing masks. Less than 1% of adults and I literally saw three families that had the adults unmasked but kids masked. It was great to be able to speak to CMs who weren't wearing masks today, outdoors at least, and getting to actually share a smile.

The rides were more enjoyable without a mask on. The launch on RnRC felt faster when the wind actually hits your whole face. I'll always appreciate my "mask pass" visits just after the reopening when everything was walk on but everything was better without a mask.

It was great to feel like normal on rides without skipping seats or rows and to have an exciting pre-show experience on RotR without being assigned a spot to stand on in the rooms. I'm really thankful that they took the plexiglass off of the rides. We were in the back row on RotR and I can imagine it would have sucked with plexiglass on there.

Anybody on this thread that is uncomfortable at WDW with unvaccinated people not wearing masks, don't go. I can assure you that there was not a vaccination rate over 99% among the guests that were there yesterday and today.

For me, besides not being required to wear a mask (I am fully vaccinate so not breaking any rules/expectations), it was really great to not feel like I'm walking around an infectious disease ward at a hospital instead of a theme park.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Having just returned home after a quick 1 1/2 day trip and visiting AK, DHS and Epcot, I just wanted to say how amazing the experience was now that WDW is almost back to normal. Practically no guests wearing masks. Less than 1% of adults and I literally saw three families that had the adults unmasked but kids masked. It was great to be able to speak to CMs who weren't wearing masks today, outdoors at least and getting to actually share a smile.

The rides were more enjoyable without a mask on. The launch on RnRC felt faster when the wind actually hits your whole face. I'll always appreciate my "mask pass" visits just after the reopening when everything was walk on but everything was better without a mask.

It was great to feel like normal on rides without skipping seats or rows and to have an exciting pre-show experience on RotR without being assigned a spot to stand on in the rooms. I'm really thankful that they took the plexiglass off of the rides. We were in the back row on RotR and I can imagine it would have sucked with plexiglass on there.

Anybody on this thread that is uncomfortable at WDW with unvaccinated people not wearing masks, don't go. I can assure you that there was not a vaccination rate over 99% among the guests that were there yesterday and today.

For me, besides not being required to wear a mask (I am fully vaccinate so not breaking any rules/expectations), it was really great to not feel like I'm walking around an infectious disease ward at a hospital instead of a theme park.
Today was 2 weeks past my 14 year old’s 2nd shot so I took him to Target today and let him go in without a mask. I know not quite as exciting as AK, DHS and EPCOT but he was still pretty happy to finally be allowed to go mask free.🥳🥳🥳

As I said a while back since I was never at WDW while masks were required and they will be gone for my August trip, in my mind it never happened 😎😁🤓

My concern would be.. if delta takes off in the USA.. what if only the Pfizer vax people are safe?

I’m not trying to be doom & gloom.. I don’t think it’s realistic but I didn’t think it was realistic that Disneyland would be closed for a year.
Pfizer and Moderna have both been show to offer a high level of protection against the variants (including Delta). Even if the Johnson and Johnson vaccine isn't as effective, Only 4% of those vaccinated in the U.S chose it.

Tom P.

Well, it is now being recommended that, if you got the Astrazeneca vaccine, your second shot should be either Pfizer or Moderna...

That's not what the site says that was linked.

1624052938863.png

Flugell

Well, it is now being recommended that, if you got the Astrazeneca vaccine, your second shot should be either Pfizer or Moderna...
No that is NOT correct. It is being investigated/studied as a possibility if a third booster shot is required. They are concerned with maximum efficacy against all variants - new and existing. Very sensible in my opinion.

SirLink

theyre using the Aztrazeneca shot in the UK...no where near as good a results as the Moderna or Pfizer one we use here...like 20% less affective

Factually incorrect as AZ its a Non-Replicating Viral Vector based vaccine it takes longer to build immunity over time. Rather than a mRNA vaccine which builds immunity quickly but doesn't keep increasing over time. All 3 vaccines AZ, Pfizer and Moderna are safe and effective at reducing hospitalizations, severe symptoms and death. 2 weeks after the second dose is where there is difference between symptomatic infection.

SirLink

Sadly, it doesn't.

"In total, 383 people in England were admitted to hospital with the Delta variant over that period – 223 of whom tested positive for Covid before turning up at A&E – with 42 having had two doses of the jab, 86 having one dose and 251 unvaccinated.

Of the 42 deaths recorded in England within 28 days of a positive test involving the Delta variant, 23 were in unvaccinated people, with 12 among those who were fully vaccinated and seven among people who had had one dose."

It also depends on when a person was vaccinated to when they needed hospitalisation: i.e. within 3 weeks of the first jab the body hasn't had a chance to build up enough protection and same with within 2 weeks of the second jab.

I would give a word of caution over using the Guardian is they has misrepresented facts as to how the vaccines work.

Thing is vaccines are not 100% effective, the more people who have been vaccinated helps the overall society.

Jrb1979

I think it will be a little sooner, especially with Canada having sufficient second doses as of July.

The announcement next week should be to remove quarantine requirements for vaccinated Canadians returning to Canada.

They noted they people will be able to include proof of vaccination in an app prior to any formal vaccine passport, so that could be enough to allow land crossings in the interim.
Sounds like it will be only open for Canadians for the time being.

Phil12

Why are we arguing this again? Look you’re free to think that the doctors AROUND THE WORLD are in on the conspiracy to use Covid to explain the deaths done by the hands of the lizard people who are invading and colonizing earth but don’t expect me to join you.

Something caused a massive increase in deaths last year and if you’re going to claim it’s not Covid you better have a good alternative explanation otherwise I’m just going to write you off as believing in lizard people.
I'll forgive you for not reading the article. :)

No that is NOT correct. It is being investigated/studied as a possibility if a third booster shot is required. They are concerned with maximum efficacy against all variants - new and existing. Very sensible in my opinion.

Google the ABC News story:

Canada: Pfizer, Moderna preferred 2nd dose after AstraZeneca​

Canada’s National Advisory Committee on Immunization says it is now recommending people who got the AstraZeneca vaccine first should get Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna for their second shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom