Status
Not open for further replies.

Minthorne

Attachments

• 6D18A8AF-FB34-4B46-9A7B-DE9B1D4D2784.jpeg
    6D18A8AF-FB34-4B46-9A7B-DE9B1D4D2784.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 36

lazyboy97o

But Covid spread would be decreased if the gondolas had air conditioning, right?
You jest, but our cultural over reliance on mechanical cooling has definitely shown to be a problem. We generally don’t build things with natural ventilation that allows the sort of large volumes of air exchange and dispersion that helps prevent transmission. Hopefully how we build has a change like it did 100 years ago, this time towards something that can also help with the environment.

Kevin_W

As you suggest, COVID is not even close to one of the leading causes of death for those ages 0-17. In this age group, there are more deaths by:
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Suicide
  • Gun Violence
  • Homicide (other than firearms)
  • Drowning
  • Unintentional Suffocation
  • Fire
If someone wants to save young lives, pick any one of these and do something about it.

For the elderly, we can save hundreds-of-thousands of lives by simply getting them vaccinated.

So by this logic, since more children die from motor vehicle accidents than by drowning we shouldn't bother with life vests on boats? We have the capability to do more than one thing.

correcaminos

Would you mind naming the clinic? My DD is scheduled for Friday morning, but a closer location than we found would be great.
Three urgent cares in Arlington, Bexley and Worthington

Edit: not sure why the top one is saying Bexley, it's for the Arlington location. We have an appointment during lunch at one and then a back up elsewhere.

drizgirl

I can’t believe how many Americans can’t do a simple 3 step logic puzzle.

1. Restrictions will be reduced when Covid cases fall.* (This has always been true since March 2020 and had been the basis of public health from the beginning)

2. The best tool we have to reduce cases in this country is to vaccinate as much and as quickly as possible.

3. If I want restrictions to end I should get vaccinated ASAP.

It’s not hard, it’s not complex, it’s elementary school level. However, a certain population seems incapable of being able to make this simple conclusion.
Except the ones we need to motivate are likely the ones who don't follow the guidelines anyway. Many of the ones wanting to push things forward have already been vaccinated.

Kevin_W

Three urgent cares in Arlington, Bexley and Worthington

Edit: not sure why the top one is saying Bexley, it's for the Arlington location. We have an appointment during lunch at one and then a back up elsewhere.

Thanks. We're scheduled at Children's Hospital downtown, but these would be more convenient.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So by this logic, since more children die from motor vehicle accidents than by drowning we shouldn't bother with life vests on boats? We have the capability to do more than one thing.

are you sure about that? After the last couple of years...i’m beginning to think people may only be able to manage one of the following:
1. Internet/apps on their phone
2. Weird talk radio
3: talking picture panel

correcaminos

Thanks. We're scheduled at Children's Hospital downtown, but these would be more convenient.
Glad to help! I hadn't thought to check Children's, but other vaccine spots closer to home. I think that unless you live just south of Children's it's really not convenient to many. Too much construction near by too on my route. Though I'll keep that one in mind for others looking. They have slots tomorrow and Friday still.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Would you mind naming the clinic? My DD is scheduled for Friday morning, but a closer location than we found would be great.
I am on the wrong side of PA for you, but my county opened the appointments yesterday for 12+.

edit: never mind. I see @helenabear posted something much closer to you

ParentsOf4

No, it means we shouldn’t shut down our economy (for example WDW continues to operate at limited capacity) because children drown or die in auto accidents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom