Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t remember that being said. Not to say it wasn’t because both sides were playing stupid dangerous games. One side was it’s nothing and the other was we are all gonna die and the media ate it up and helped create the line of belief

ok...but it happened and a lot.

when I hear buffoons saying that in wawas in “blue” New Jersey...it’s certainly worthy of note.

you’re choosing “your side of it”...which we all do. But my hill is taller than yours at this point.

it was a failure of leadership...politics for profit in a health situation. I don’t excuse the media...but if you think that was the “big” problem...you’re being driven like cattle.

I hope they make you into something classy at least...like a porterhouse 🥩

orky8

India is proof that those saying it was going to be bad were right. We're fortunate in America in that state leaders did what was necessary to prevent that.

You seem to be ignoring the vaccines. So, is America proof that those saying it was going to be fine right?

corsairk09

that’s NOT what I’m saying...not tossing the baby with the water.

what I’m saying is there’s a proportionally higher percentage of the adult population following the talking picture box and the Disgraced, loser of a clown.

that’s the numbers...the vaccine numbers...it’s not debatable now that the data is reported. It’s not an opinion poll...which from the start with covid was the problem.
Because it never was an opinion poll.

take the vaccines to get the stuff you want (not “you”...but you get the point)...instead of just whining about getting the stuff.
Big boy/girl thinking time.

and just to debunk next years false excuse: if people don’t get it...and don’t die/get sick...that didn’t make them right. It just means nature isn’t perfect.
I am just OVER people being villainized. EVERYONE is doing the best they can, and trying to survive this the best way they know how. Just because it isn't what you would do doesn't mean they deserve the derision you throw their way.

I am vaxxed and sooooo happy to be. I feel relieved and "free" again. That is the message I send to everyone who is still uncertain or concerned. I can tell you.... that works better than guilt or name calling.

SorcererMC

I'm just spitballin' here but maybe correlation isn't causation and maybe there are parts of the country with historically low access to healthcare that are also economically depressed and maybe people with concerns (legitimate or not) just need access to accurate information from someone they trust like a medical provider that they know or maybe that their family has known for years. Maybe as cases drop dramatically national-level tracking becomes useless and what matters more is what's happening on the ground at the county-level.

DavidNoble

It always has been

it started because of an election year and the media’s hate for trump. Then division set in. Then some wishy washy cdc and fauci things. And here we are….the media and politicians continuing to stir the pot rather than help Americans be United….why….because of $ and power - BOTH sides are to blame

Doesn't everyone know how kind and thoughtful and caring our former POTUS was? Doesn't everyone know he just wanted the best for everyone? I've never seen a more caring person in my life.

Touchdown

Just to throw a little bit of cold water, remember the pattern that emerged last year, cases dropped in May but began to sharply rise in June as the second wave hit and affected the Southern US as those residents retreated from the heat indoors to AC. This pattern is likely to occur again, it will be blunted by the vaccines, but the area of the country most likely to be afflicted in the coming months is the area with the lowest vaccination rates. Things could regionally spiral out of control there. I think the favorable weather pattern and high vaccination rates will make for an amazing summer in the Northeast and Pacific coast, the Midwest and Plains after a late start should be pretty good as well, but I fear for the SE (outside of FL, TX, and VA where vaccination rates are higher.)

Willmark

Sadly, they might be in not such a little box as a result of their decisions.
Sure but their seems the implication is that it’s one side of the political spectrum when the reality is far more complex.

For my own part. Finished my shots weeks ago and it’s time people need to stop with the “performative art” of wearing masks when they are fully vaccinated. It’s ridiculous at this stage if you are say outside and fully vaccinated? This isn’t the bubonic plague.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just to throw a little bit of cold water, remember the pattern that emerged last year, cases dropped in May but began to sharply rise in June as the second wave hit and affected the Douthern US as those residents retreated from the heat indoors to AC. This pattern is likely to occur again, it will be blunted by the vaccines, but the area of the country most likely to be afflicted in the coming months is the area with the lowest vaccination rates. Things could regionally spiral out of control there. I think the favorable weather pattern and high vaccination rates will make for an amazing summer in the Northeast and Pacific coast, the Midwest and Plains after a late start should be pretty good as well, but I fear for the SE (outside of FL, TX, and VA where vaccination rates are higher.)

exactly. I’m hoping that they have “good luck” (their only real hope...like the Texas power grid...due to mismanagement)...

but it’s sure gonna spoil Florida’s victory lap if things start to break wrong.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Just to throw a little bit of cold water, remember the pattern that emerged last year, cases dropped in May but began to sharply rise in June as the second wave hit and affected the Southern US as those residents retreated from the heat indoors to AC. This pattern is likely to occur again, it will be blunted by the vaccines, but the area of the country most likely to be afflicted in the coming months is the area with the lowest vaccination rates. Things could regionally spiral out of control there. I think the favorable weather pattern and high vaccination rates will make for an amazing summer in the Northeast and Pacific coast, the Midwest and Plains after a late start should be pretty good as well, but I fear for the SE (outside of FL, TX, and VA where vaccination rates are higher.)
Somewhat morbidly, I actually hope a small but real wave materializes in my area at some point. If people see that it isn’t ending here like they pretend it is at a relatively low vaccination rate - if it hits home yet again - they might get scared all the way to the pharmacy counter.

Oddly enough, I’ve done less since April when it turned into a free for all here than when people were acting respectfully and reasonably up until then.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
When a man is anti-gay, anti-trans, anti-woman's rights, a racist, and a bigot, at what line do you draw that you hate that person? That's not being blinded. That's being fully informed of the kind of person someone is and hating them for their beliefs and conduct.

Cuomo needs to be in prison. Many people on here who are anti-Trump feel the same way and are disgusted by his actions.
I am talking about covid on a covid topic. Let’s not get into that other stuff because there are things that are “not caring” from the other side too

Willmark

I think masks for just a little bit longer though.
Respectfully we’ll agree to disagree. Masks were always about… other issues. This isn’t the now closed political sub forum so I’ll leave it at that.
It seems as if people have forgotten they have to brush their teeth now if they don't want to wear their mask.
I used to be a FF/EMT and seen a fair amount of gnarly stuff, never really bothered me. People with bad breath and right in your face? 🤮

FormerMember

Just to throw a little bit of cold water, remember the pattern that emerged last year, cases dropped in May but began to sharply rise in June as the second wave hit and affected the Southern US as those residents retreated from the heat indoors to AC. This pattern is likely to occur again,
Hope-Simpson, not air conditioning. Hopefully vaccines + natural immunity blunt this significantly.

hope.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom