Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have dipped below 300 a day for the first time since the early days of the disaster in March 2020, while the drive to put shots in arms hit another encouraging milestone Monday: 150 million Americans fully vaccinated."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am sick of watching people have to repeat the same lessons over and over again, yet never learn.

that’s a common frustration for most of us. Unfortunately you’re gonna keep running into that until this space rock we live on explodes.

I’m vaccinated. I’m following the science. I’m not succumbing to irrational paranoia and fear mongering.

You are….but to be fair - there are still too many fools who won’t do what they’re damn told and it puts all our “comfort” at risk.

Tony the Tigger

I’m vaccinated. I’m following the science. I’m not succumbing to irrational paranoia and fear mongering.
Same. Except I follow all the science/evidence, not just the stuff I wish to be true.
Absolutely! There can be positive and negative developments happening at the same time. There usually are.

To wit:
Yesterday for the first time in a long time the average number of cases in the US went up. It was only an average of 105 cases but 2 states are now in double digits, 3 are at 9, 1 at 8, 2 at 7 and 4 at 6. That means 12 are at 6 or more and 39 are at 5 or less.

Willmark

I can't be certain the United States would have been any more proactive in this circumstance.
I highly doubt there was much willingness to sink money into ventilators and PE prior to this.

Imagine the outcry from the populace if states and the feds spent millions/billions on stuff that just sat in warehouses unused?

Actually I can imagine it. “Why are you wasting money on this when it could be better spent on (insert program here).”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I highly doubt there was much willingness to sink money into ventilators and PE prior to this.

Imagine the outcry from the populace if states and the feds spent millions/billions on stuff that just sat in warehouses unused?

Actually I can imagine it. “Why are you wasting money on this when it could be better spent on (insert program here).”
…you went “ole” on that one…

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If Covid19 came from the lab, it does not mean it was a bioweapon. The leak most likely was a normal lab mistake. That is why experimenting like they do in China is illegal in the US. It is also why the CDC should never pay a foreign lab to conduct these experiments either. But in no case does proving it came from the lab prove it was a weapon.

There if scientific evidence that casts doubt on the idea that it leaked from a lab at all. There were actually two different lineages of the virus spreading early on and as discussed in the paper below, this is much more likely to have happened from a natural source then from a lab leak. The paper also points out the environmental samples showed that the virus was much more prevalent in the areas of the markets that sold animals, then in other areas, further supporting the idea that it came from an animal in a wet market.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And all these elitist politicians and media lied and are still lying to the people from the start of this virus . Proof is coming out fauchi e-mails where he knew it was a bioweapon that his NIH funded also knew masks were useless and covered that up too!!

The media an others really wanted there to be a bomb shell in those e-mails, but it turned out there really wasn't anything there.

Willmark

There shouldn't have been a "both sides" with regards to COVID-19.

Legitimate disagreements about policy responses are one thing, flat-out denial of accumulating evidence and latching onto or encouraging fringe theories is a whole other ballgame.
Wasn’t my point but ok.

GimpYancIent

There if scientific evidence that casts doubt on the idea that it leaked from a lab at all. There were actually two different lineages of the virus spreading early on and as discussed in the paper below, this is much more likely to have happened from a natural source then from a lab leak. The paper also points out the environmental samples showed that the virus was much more prevalent in the areas of the markets that sold animals, then in other areas, further supporting the idea that it came from an animal in a wet market.

Or an infected lab worker doing some food shopping unwittingly transported the virus to the market in question. Possibilities (lots of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom