• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion (Now with optimism!)

BlindChow

And I think, as I've said many times, that the most effective messaging from the media and public health officials would be "once you are fully vaccinated, you can stop wearing the mask and social distancing." I think vaccine hesitancy would drop by about 80% overnight if everyone got coordinated on that message.
It's hilarious that anti-maskers are still pushing this "you can stop wearing masks if you get the vaccine" thing as the solution to vaccine hesitancy...

I'm sure everyone has seen the spring break pics of kids partying in huge groups without masks. And people all over the country, even places where there are mandates, have been simply going out and not wearing masks for months. Do you really think telling them they can do what they're already doing if they get vaccinated will make a shred of difference? That's bizarrely naive.

There is nothing stopping people from going back to "normal life" right now. They don't NEED to get the vaccine if they don't want it. Why would they? It's not like any kind of verification is being done. If anyone does challenge them for not wearing a mask, they can simply say, "Hey, I'm fully vaccinated!" Who can tell?

But you already know that, don't you?

ATTENTION: Any announcement saying "Once you are vaccinated, you can stop wearing a mask and social distancing" would be IDENTICAL to just dropping mask and distancing mandates. Anti-maskers know this, and that's why they've been pushing it.

If you believe it is still too early to drop masking and distancing mitigations, refute these people every time they make this claim.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sorry but no that's not going to happen. Not in New Jersey

I never go to New Jersey....

...I only live here.

And no way in the sam hell they drop the masks before they have about 90% vaccination and/or the cases flatline and/or kids start getting shots.

most of our spikes now seem to be traced to the teenager group. Which I can’t fathom because none of our teens are spoiled little brats looking for fun in beach towns? 🤔

not on Sherrif Phil’s watch...

Chi84

Premium Member
It's hilarious that anti-maskers are still pushing this "you can stop wearing masks if you get the vaccine" thing as the solution to vaccine hesitancy...

I'm sure everyone has seen the spring break pics of kids partying in huge groups without masks. And people all over the country, even places where there are mandates, have been simply going out and not wearing masks for months. Do you really think telling them they can do what they're already doing if they get vaccinated will make a shred of difference? That's bizarrely naive.

There is nothing stopping people from going back to "normal life" right now. They don't NEED to get the vaccine if they don't want it. Why would they? It's not like any kind of verification is being done. If anyone does challenge them for not wearing a mask, they can simply say, "Hey, I'm fully vaccinated!" Who can tell?

ATTENTION: Any announcement saying "Once you are vaccinated, you can stop wearing a mask and social distancing" would be IDENTICAL to just dropping mask and distancing mandates. Anti-maskers know this, and that's why they've been pushing it.

If you believe it is still too early to drop masking and distancing mitigations, refute these people every time they make this claim.
What about people who aren’t anti-maskers? There are a lot of people still following the rules and wearing masks who might be persuaded if given that sort of goal. I just saw an article that Budweiser is going to offer free beers as part of a campaign to get vaccinated so “we can do things together again.” Maybe we should be trying to find ways to persuade those who are on the fence instead of wallowing in so much anger.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What about people who aren’t anti-maskers? There are a lot of people still following the rules and wearing masks who might be persuaded if given that sort of goaL. I just saw an article that Budweiser is going to offer free beers as part of a campaign to get vaccinated so “we can do things together again.” Maybe we should be trying to find ways to persuade those who are on the fence instead of wallowing in so much anger.

I think “vaccinate and burn the mask” could be a powerful tool once the volunteers ebb...which is starting to happen.

that might be how they pivot.

1. get it for your intelligence
2: get it for “ma freedom”
3. Get it for your kids (lacrosse season at full capacity)
4. Go travel hog wild

Not a bad plan sequence, eh?

Figgy1

Premium Member

...I only live here.

And no way in the sam hell they drop the masks before they have about 90% vaccination and/or the cases flatline and/or kids start getting shots.

most of our spikes now seem to be traced to the teenager group. Which I can’t fathom because none of our teens are spoiled liked brats looking for fun in beach towns? 🤔

Every day I wasn't working during summer I was down the shore.

ImperfectPixie

...I only live here.

most of our spikes now seem to be traced to the teenager group. Which I can’t fathom because none of our teens are spoiled liked brats looking for fun in beach towns? 🤔

Same for our town up in MA...for a long while now...it's the teenagers driving most of the new cases. There are still a few in the two groups just above 40, but elementary schoolers, toddlers, and the 30-40 age groups are the ones with the least amount of new cases here.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think “vaccinate and burn the mask” could be a powerful tool once the volunteers ebb...which is starting to happen.

that might be how they pivot.

1. get it for your intelligence
2: get it for “ma freedom”
3. Get it for your kids (lacrosse season at full capacity)
4. Go travel hog wild

Not a bad plan sequence, eh?
I think getting it for your kids will be a huge motivator, especially when vaccines are approved for kids and recommended or required for sports and other activities.

ImperfectPixie

I think getting it for your kids will be a huge motivator, especially when vaccines are approved for kids and recommended or required for sports and other activities.
They literally just dumped all our kids together in school full-time in person starting 2 weeks ago...right before vaccines are about to be approved for 12-15yo kids. Hybrid is completely off the table at this point. With teenagers and after school hang-outs being a big driver of new cases in our town, I really wish they'd been allowed to wait for the vaccines to be approved. (My oldest is 15)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They literally just dumped all our kids together in school full-time in person starting 2 weeks ago...right before vaccines are about to be approved for 12-15yo kids. Hybrid is completely off the table at this point. With teenagers and after school hang-outs being a big driver of new cases in our town, I really wish they'd been allowed to wait for the vaccines to be approved. (My oldest is 15)

what awful town do you live in? 🤪
Edit: crap! Massachusetts...I was thinking Pennsylvania ?

who’s your superintendent? John Dennis or Gerry Callahan?

Tom P.

Wow. Maybe you should consider decaf from now on. Have a good night.

BlindChow

What about people who aren’t anti-maskers? There are a lot of people still following the rules and wearing masks who might be persuaded if given that sort of goal. I just saw an article that Budweiser is going to offer free beers as part of a campaign to get vaccinated so “we can do things together again.” Maybe we should be trying to find ways to persuade those who are on the fence instead of wallowing in so much anger.
The people who are still closely following the masking rules aren't the majority of ones hesitant to get the vaccine.

I have no complaint with vaccine incentives. I only objected to a specific bit of nonsense the anti-maskers have been pushing lately. "Get a vaccine and stop wearing a mask" is simply a way of dropping mask mandates altogether.

I think any ACTUAL incentives to get the vaccine (that aren't a shadow way of dropping Covid mitigations earlier than necessary) are a good thing, and I encourage them. Knock yourself out, Budweiser and Krispy Kreme! 🍺🍩

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Fully Pfizered!
Premium Member
You don't have to worry about COVID if you're asymptomatic.

Children don't have to worry about COVID.

Oh yeah?...

DisneyCane

Please be patient. New Jersey will follow CDC guidelines so it will probably be social distancing in public places goes first masks in public places will go last last. Nobody knows when but New Jersey will be one of the last states to reduce or end mandates
Which, of course, is the opposite order of effectiveness according to the WHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom