Coronado worth it?

PplMover

Original Poster
Hi all, I’ve heard some really negative things from trusted sources about Coronado Springs.... however it looks like they’re putting a lot of work into the resort (opening new restaurants in July) AND it’s been a few years since they’ve stayed there.

Looking for others experiences there and if it has been good recently

DisFam28

We just booked here for middle of August. Never stayed here before either. A little concerned with 3 young ones (8, 5, and 2 at the time of the trip) that we will be bus dependent. Would love some insight from those who have stayed here before with little ones. Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We just booked here for middle of August. Never stayed here before either. A little concerned with 3 young ones (8, 5, and 2 at the time of the trip) that we will be bus dependent. Would love some insight from those who have stayed here before with little ones. Thanks!
Coronado is a little better for those without kids as it is a convention resort, but I have stayed their multiple times with my three kids.

There is not really less for kids to do at Coronado than the other resorts, there is just more for the adults to do sans kids.

DisFam28

Coronado is a little better for those without kids as it is a convention resort, but I have stayed their multiple times with my three kids.

There is not really less for kids to do at Coronado than the other resorts, there is just more for the adults to do sans kids.
My in-laws are staying there too at the same time since it is our 10 year wedding anniversary so I am looking forward to the sans kids part!

JohnByers

My DW and I went for three days this past weekend for NYE and we were in room 3314 3rd floor, Casitas 3 and the location was absolutely perfect IMO. The refurbished rooms are awesome, tons of places to charge your devices and the bathroom is enormous. It's my fav moderate resort bar none. I have stayed at FQ and do enjoy it but the location on property makes this my absolute favorite by far.

DisneyGigi

I love Coronado. This May will be our 6th stay there. The refurbished rooms are really nice. Always have a great experience there. My fave areas are Casitas 1 or 2 and Cabanas. We will be there too early for the Tower but I think I will probably still prefer those areas. We have been with teens, grandkids and just us two. I love walking the resort at night, it is beautiful. The playground area is really nice for little ones but we usually spend most of the day at the parks so we seldom use it or the pools. We like where it is located too, much quicker to get to the parks than Old Key West area where we stayed in 2017. (Or maybe we have just stayed there so many times we are most familiar with it.)

correcaminos

Well said. Convention resorts aren't any different for kids, but sometimes a bonus for adults. It's consistently one of the family favorites. My in-laws like it there and seem to get great FL res. rates so it's their go to.

Minnesota disney fan

CS was the first resort my husband and I stayed at without grown kids and grandkids. We were blown away by the tropical beauty of the Casitas area. We were in Casita bldg. 3 and loved it. It feels like there is more room in the rooms than the other resorts we have stayed at. Maybe they are bigger because of the conventions? We never ran into convention crowds or had any trouble with them at all.
It is a gorgeous resort. We have not stayed there for years, so don't know about how it has been lately. We never had a problem with the buses at that time at all.
We would not hesitate to stay there again at all. and the gondolas will be a nice addition.

BoarderPhreak

CSR is a... "Nice resort." It caters more to convention crowds. Does it match up with other Moderate Resorts? In amenities, etc. sure. In theming? Not so much. But keep in mind that there's construction going on currently, hence the discounts. Once the remodel is done, I suspect it'll definitely have a more upscale feel to it, but still lacking in the theming dept.

I really like CSR. It's a beautiful resort and the Dig Site pool area is fantastic. The drawbacks for me are that the resort is huge and it takes some time to walk from your room to the pool or to the dining area or to the gym etc. I also feel like the restaurants are just okay. I like that the Disney theming is a bit more subdued and the resort is very quiet. It has the feel of a deluxe to me. I'm actually staying at CSR in March. I couldn't resist the discounts with all the construction :)

PplMover

Original Poster
Awesome .. thanks for the feedback... I currently have a room booked there (and 2 other rooms) for 8/20

With construction done in July- I’m happy about that and hoping there will be mostly convention people there to lighten the load of busses
I’m happy for the more adult options at night (When the kids are sleeping).
My reservation is the long walks around the resort - my wife is concerned with the lack of the “Disney feel” since we have young children.

correcaminos

Awesome .. thanks for the feedback... I currently have a room booked there (and 2 other rooms) for 8/20

With construction done in July- I’m happy about that and hoping there will be mostly convention people there to lighten the load of busses
My reservation is the long walks around the resort - my wife is concerned with the lack of the “Disney feel” since we have young children.

I never felt the resort was that huge. It was very easily walkable. Far better than CBR to me and even POR. Definitely no worries on Disney feel. Pool is pretty awesome :)

Enjoy the stay!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

While it is a large resort, the layout is will done so it does not take long to get around. The walk from the farthest building to the lobby is around 6-7 minutes. One of the bust stops will be 2 minutes tops from any building.

Rogue1138

Love Coronado! Beautiful resort, great pool, one of the best food courts I've been to. Used to be our go to resort with or without kids but last few years it's been unavailable for our usual time of year, so we've done POFQ or AoA. Staff has been some of the nicest I've met on property as well. DVC salesman gave my son almost a whole roll of Mickey stickers, much to his delight (and our dismay).

LeighM

We stayed at CSR in March and really enjoyed it. I asked for a floor on the top floor since I had heard reports of the lower rooms being noisier due to the carpet being remove. I also wanted to get a room with a tub and I was lucky to get that without asking. My in laws got a room with just a shower. Their hot tub is also one of the largest and we used that more often than I thought I would. I didn't like the food court but they had plenty of dining options. Also, the buses seemed less crowded at Coronado compared to Riverside and Coronado is more of a central location so the bus rides to every park were shorter.

jmp85

I guess I'm in the minority here, but CSR is my least favorite resort of any I've stayed out (including values). The food court is not my cup of tea. I was informed that it is managed by an outside company. Did not care for the on-site restaurant either. Glad everyone else enjoys it so much, more room for me at POR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom