Coronado... tips?

arielrose

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!
My husband and I are staying at CSR for the first time in 13 days! Does anyone have any helpful hints?
Thanks!

Nextinline

My wife and I just returned from a trip last week. Here are a few tips on where to stay and what to enjoy while at Coronado:
-Avoid Cabanas if you are concerned about the Tower construction. You will hear machines operating during the day and views will be pretty lousy. The only advantage is that Cabanas are nearest to the main pool and a relatively short walk to El Centro. Also, Cabanas 8A is one of the only buildings with newly refurbished rooms.
-Ranchos is your best option to avoid construction . The buildings are tucked away and are almost their own resort. Very quite and no visible construction. The catch is, you will be very far from El Centro. Many people end up taking one of the buses to get to El Centro.
-Casitas are a balance between the advantages and disadvantages of Ranchos and Cabanas. You will be far from construction, but no so far that the pool and El Centro are too far to walk to. We stayed in Casitas 5 and were satisfied. I've seen complaints about Casitas 2 due to the refurb on Casitas 1 and 3.

-We really enjoyed eating at Pepper Market during our stay. Tacos and Enchiladas were great Quick Service options. The churros were fantastic as well.

wwmmd

My daughters and I just got back from CS yesterday. Our room was in Cabanas 9A, which is right next to the construction. There was constant noise (even at night, generators I assume) but it was not bothersome at all. Since the construction blocks the path to El Centro we had to backtrack some in order to get over the lake. The good thing about CS is that if you're staying in Ranchos or Cabanas you can hop on the bus and it will take you to El Centro (station 1) if you don't feel like walking. Our room was not refurbed, but it wasn't a big deal since it was still in very good condition.

arielrose

Original Poster
My daughters and I just got back from CS yesterday. Our room was in Cabanas 9A, which is right next to the construction. There was constant noise (even at night, generators I assume) but it was not bothersome at all. Since the construction blocks the path to El Centro we had to backtrack some in order to get over the lake. The good thing about CS is that if you're staying in Ranchos or Cabanas you can hop on the bus and it will take you to El Centro (station 1) if you don't feel like walking. Our room was not refurbed, but it wasn't a big deal since it was still in very good condition.
Good to know. I think constant noise would bother me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom