Coronado Springs

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
I know but they do such a great job Themeing those resorts.
Well from what I know it’s already incorrect. The pictures and what people say already has me bothered. Riverside plays the wrong music first of all. The furniture is off as well. The food trying to be Cajun is horrible. Real Cajun food is food of the Gods. It is good in your mouth. They don’t know how to make a rue.

pug

Well from what I know it’s already incorrect. The pictures and what people say already has me bothered. Riverside plays the wrong music first of all. The furniture is off as well. The food trying to be Cajun is horrible. Real Cajun food is food of the Gods. It is good in your mouth. They don’t know how to make a rue.
Well Riverside is a bit of a mess but FQ is better in my opinion.

JD80

My opinion.

I stayed at CSR in August 2017 and the construction was just starting on the big tower section. I had a room at the NE corner of the lake about 100 yards from the east pool entrance.

It was an amazing stay to be honest with you. New rooms were awesome and the pool was very fun. The construction did not impact my stay at all. You couldn't see the construction at all from the room or pool and even when you walked to the lobby it was all very well tucked away. Though this may change as they build higher up.

We didn't spend much time at the resort at all either, and when you're at the pool, you can't see anything anyway.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We won’t be doing any of the port Orleans hotels as we live in New Orleans and it would be fake and stressful sense my family is ocd about the perfection.
Well, POFQ and POR don't get flooded every couple of years, so there's no waterlines on the abandoned buildings, if that's what you mean...
Well from what I know it’s already incorrect. The pictures and what people say already has me bothered. Riverside plays the wrong music first of all. The furniture is off as well. The food trying to be Cajun is horrible. Real Cajun food is food of the Gods. It is good in your mouth. They don’t know how to make a rue roux.
I know what you mean, but you just can't get good french bread for po-boys outside of the New Orleans area. But, on the positive side, there's nobody stalking you to rob you as you leave the food court, either. Sometimes, it's good not to be too accurate.

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
Well, POFQ and POR don't get flooded every couple of years, so there's no waterlines on the abandoned buildings, if that's what you mean...
I know what you mean, but you just can't get good french bread for po-boys outside of the New Orleans area. But, on the positive side, there's nobody stalking you to rob you as you leave the food court, either. Sometimes, it's good not to be too accurate.
New Orleans is such a diverse and unique place. We have gone through so much yet are still here. Why? Because we love our city. Sure it way not be in the best area but in my opinion it certainly is filled with some of the best things. Our food is unique as well as our music and celebrations. We have fun and express ourselves. If you would like to be further educated in our culture let me know.

Gainesvillain

I have been mugged in NO, a city I know and love, but I have never been mugged in POFQ!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
New Orleans is such a diverse and unique place. We have gone through so much yet are still here. Why? Because we love our city. Sure it way not be in the best area but in my opinion it certainly is filled with some of the best things. Our food is unique as well as our music and celebrations. We have fun and express ourselves. If you would like to be further educated in our culture let me know.
Ma fren', I experienced "your culture" as much as I ever want to: Got mugged on Chef Menteur in front of the Luzianne Tea plant. Saw a dead man falling out of his truck on the 610. Consoled my sister after she was robbed at gunpoint in the Garden District. I've walked the High Rise over the Industrial Canal. Stood at Bourbon and Canal for Mardi Gras day. Turned down a "slow ride" on a waterbed in a skanky head shop. Sweated out a two-week flood after a hurricane and endured having no power, price gouging, and misery associated with a failing government that wasn't ready for and couldn't cope with a certain disaster then, just like today.

All that being said, there are things about New Orleans I'll always love; the food being one, music being another, along with those people who weren't actively trying to rob me, rip me off, or otherwise exploit me who were always kind, friendly and welcoming.

But the bad outweighed the good. When my family could, we got the 'L out of New Orleans and settled north of the lake.

Oh, and I think POFQ is a pretty nice little hotel, too.

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
Ma fren', I experienced "your culture" as much as I ever want to: Got mugged on Chef Menteur in front of the Luzianne Tea plant. Saw a dead man falling out of his truck on the 610. Consoled my sister after she was robbed at gunpoint in the Garden District. I've walked the High Rise over the Industrial Canal. Stood at Bourbon and Canal for Mardi Gras day. Turned down a "slow ride" on a waterbed in a skanky head shop. Sweated out a two-week flood after a hurricane and endured having no power, price gouging, and misery associated with a failing government that wasn't ready for and couldn't cope with a certain disaster then, just like today.

All that being said, there are things about New Orleans I'll always love; the food being one, music being another, along with those people who weren't actively trying to rob me, rip me off, or otherwise exploit me who were always kind, friendly and welcoming.

But the bad outweighed the good. When my family could, we got the 'L out of New Orleans and settled north of the lake.

Oh, and I think POFQ is a pretty nice little hotel, too.
I’m not sure what your doing for this to happen to you but maybe you were some where you shouldn’t have been or out at the wrong time. I’m sorry that was your experience but no one that I know has gone through this that have lived in New Orleans since birth.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m not sure what your doing for this to happen to you but maybe you were some where you shouldn’t have been or out at the wrong time. I’m sorry that was your experience but no one that I know has gone through this that have lived in New Orleans since birth.
What I was doing was "living in New Orleans." If that's what you mean by "some where you shouldn't have been or out at the wrong time," I'm inclined to agree.

Anyway, back on topic... sorry for the digression... POFQ is a good alternative to Coronado Springs if you don't get stressed out by its theming if only for its slightly more central location and the boat rides to Disney Springs.

Rumrunner

We are planning a trip for the summer. I’m looking to staying at Coronado Springs (CSR). I don’t know much about it but the pool and rooms look nice. We won’t be spending much time at the resort, but we still want nice rooms. I want all opinions, good and bad.
Have stayed at CSR a number of times and have reservations for June this year. We enjoyed it, nice pool, nice rooms, nice not tub, and friendly staff. I see no negatives at CSR.

Hayley In Wonderland

I stayed here in Nov 2017 whilst construction was going on for the tower and room refurbs. Most of the work is done during the day so we never witnessed it nor had any issues with the noise as we were out from morning until night time. It is a lovely quiet resort. I think it gets missed by a lot of people as it is their conference resort, but we had no issues with there being a lot of business people around the resort. It's nice if you are just adults as there are not really a lot of family or kids staying here! I really enjoyed my stay there and I've heard it is the Moderate that is most like the Deluxe resorts with regards to their facilities on site.

cdeev8690

I just returned from a one-night stay at Coronado (so take this with a grain of salt). I stayed at Cabanas 8A and my view was of the new tower. Eye sore? Sure. But I didn't mind it as I preferred just to imagine what that view will look like the next time I stay, which was exciting. I didn't hear any noise. The area around it was very tidy.

Though, the bus situation at this resort leaves much to be desired.

correcaminos

Riverside was originally Dixie Landings so not New Orleans anyway. They renamed or to be more PC. Think more of the deep South and it fits much better.

wagner1225

Well , lots of different views, being from the Southwest I didn't think we would like it but we did, it was one the better stays for us and we have been to all over the years, enjoyed the pool , the restaurant , did both, food court was great, over it has lots of deluxe feels about it, and it was quiet which I thought was great, very nice ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom