Coronado Springs

dopeylover

Original Poster
Hi All!

Just looking for thoughts on Coronado Springs in the SLIGHT chance this whole FD thing happens and our current resort is locked out and we have to move. We have stayed at CBR before and the only thing I didn't care for was the fact that it was SO spread out, and we were in a Pirate Room which was great, but all the way in the back. So, I'm exploring options just in case. I've never even given CS a thought, so tell me what YOU think!

popsicletrees

I've only stayed there once, and I absolutely loved it! CS is spread out. I stayed in the farthest building from the lobby, but it was an absolutely beautiful walk every morning. There was a bus stop just outside of our building, but I enjoyed the walk to the main area every morning. The resort was quiet, we never had to wait long for a bus, and we never even had to stand on any of the buses that we took. I can't comment on the food options because we didn't eat at the hotel, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. In fact, I'm trying to talk my husband into a short trip this November, and CS is my top choice for our resort stay.

MrDee

Phew!! I was assuming something worse. Staying there next week, and thought there might be a reason I would need to rebook or something. Thanks.

CheshireCat12

No, the rooms are not dark. The furniture woodwork is dark but that's it. And the grounds are SO beautiful that I would not even think twice about staying there again. Love it love it love it! I think people are scared away by the resort's size but it was never an issue for us and we stayed as far away from the main building as humanly possible. Buses were always plentiful.

jlsHouston

I stayed there in April of 2012 and I am staying again for my trip coming up in 2 weeks. I didn't find the room dark at all. Stayed in the cabana section which was a short walk to the bus stop, a short walk to the Dig Pool and a short walk to dining. We were one resort over from a quiet pool and near the laundry. I think we were 8A. The grounds are lovely, the hammocks on the sandy beach relaxing, nice pool and hot tub, and good variety at the food court. I thought the resort was probably one of the best priced hotels at WDW as far as bang for your buck. Excited to revisit the place soon.

Buzz2001

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

CSR also offer business class level rooms with lounge access. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Check out my CSR site below

ToTBellHop

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

CSR also offer business class level rooms with lounge access. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Check out my CSR site below
So you know, the shampoo/conditioner thing is not correct any more. I was at CBR in March and they now give separate shampoo and conditioner (mandarin orange I think).

pj4963

I too am wondering if RIverside will have the FD in September. Made reservations in March. I can't decide whether to do CB or CS?..... I really like CB!better theme wise except pirate room and nemo is that all they have? Then I am not crazy about SW theme but maybe better choice. help me decide. We do need room close to bus stop and main building..

jlsHouston

I too am wondering if RIverside will have the FD in September. Made reservations in March. I can't decide whether to do CB or CS?..... I really like CB!better theme wise except pirate room and nemo is that all they have? Then I am not crazy about SW theme but maybe better choice. help me decide. We do need room close to bus stop and main building..

FROM DISNEY VISA WHICH STARTED I THINK YESTERDAY AND THIS OFFER OPENS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC ON THE 7TH:

Get a dining plan when you purchase a 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels.* Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket. Enjoy this special offer for most stays 8/31-10/3/2014, 10/26-11/1/2014, 11/9-11/20/2014 and 12/12-12/23/2014.

pj4963

So are you saying you must stay 6 nights? If so, guess no bees to worry only staying 4. Never read there were any night restrictions????

jlsHouston

So are you saying you must stay 6 nights? If so, guess no bees to worry only staying 4. Never read there were any night restrictions????

No I read it that you have to be staying 2 nights, at approved resorts. I think the 6 night thing was for showing price savings....

MeandMickey

CS is actually my family's favorite resort. Bigger rooms, queen beds and awesome pool for them. It is spread out a bit, but that is a good thing sometimes. The outer rooms are quieter as the convention guests usually get priority for the main building closest to the convention center. Sometimes those closer buildings are a bit rowdy and noisy after meetings if you know what I mean.

JohnD

I'm booked for CSR between 5/31-6/3. It will be my first time staying there. Don't know when your trip is, but I can report back my thoughts after my trip.

slappy magoo

The only mod I've ever stayed at was Riverside, both as Riverside and back when it was called Dixie Landings. So while I think that's a great resort, I'd want to try something new. I don't like the theme of the Caribbean resort at all, and based on the pictures and video and reviews I've read, Coronado seems like a better value. It's the only mod with a gym, it seems to have more dining options then both of the Port Orleans resorts combined, plus a better selection of in-room dining. Because it's so often used for conventions, there's a fighting chance that it won't be as overrun with kids as other resorts. The pool looks far cooler than the one at FQ. And the funny thing is, I'm not a big of southwestern themeing, but Coronado looks awesome. The only things POFQ seem to have over Coronado are a: smaller grounds so it's easier to get to the bus stop and b: beignets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom