Coronado Springs

oogravyoo

Original Poster
First off Hello..

New to the site..

My wife and I are about to book our room at Coronado Springs.. This will be our 15th trip from Michigan to WDW and 4th with our kids(7&8yrs old).. We've stayed all over with our favs being Dixie/Port Orleans and Wilderness Lodge, both getting multiple stays ea. We decided to give another resort a try and settled on CS.

We'll be traveling mid June.. I have read about the size of the hotel and grounds. Those that have stayed there what area of the hotel would you recommend we try to get our room? ease of bus access etc..

Any other tips for CS I should know?

thank you

CLandrum

We have stayed here twice and love it! We are even staying here on our upcoming honeymoon. The above website is awesome! Each section is great. To get around the resort if you do not feel like walking you can always take the bus system. It is a big resort but it is so beautiful to walk around. I would suggest if your kids like pool time just request a room by a pool. The main pool can be quite busy. We normally spend most of our time at the quiet ones and make only one trip to the main pool. The slide is awesome there, even for adults!

Bring your camera everywhere. The resort is full of great photo ops and you may even see some wildlife.
The Pepper Market is a great place to eat and if you are on the dining plan it only uses a quick service credit. The ordering is a little different but they explain it to you as you go in.

Like I said, the above website is full of tons of great info about the resort. So check it out.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We have stayed here twice and love it! We are even staying here on our upcoming honeymoon. The above website is awesome! Each section is great. To get around the resort if you do not feel like walking you can always take the bus system. It is a big resort but it is so beautiful to walk around. I would suggest if your kids like pool time just request a room by a pool. The main pool can be quite busy. We normally spend most of our time at the quiet ones and make only one trip to the main pool. The slide is awesome there, even for adults!

Bring your camera everywhere. The resort is full of great photo ops and you may even see some wildlife.
The Pepper Market is a great place to eat and if you are on the dining plan it only uses a quick service credit. The ordering is a little different but they explain it to you as you go in.

Like I said, the above website is full of tons of great info about the resort. So check it out.
Good choice.It was our honeymoon resort also :D

Pooh'sBuddy

We'll be traveling mid June.. I have read about the size of the hotel and grounds. Those that have stayed there what area of the hotel would you recommend we try to get our room? ease of bus access etc..

We're staying at CSR at the beginning of June. We figured out we want to be near the Dig Site and close to a bus stop, so we're hoping for Cabana buildings 8A or 8B. We don't think we'll spend much time at all at Pepper Market or near the main building, so it's fine with us not being near there. But that's our strategy.

Welcome!

We are staying there during our stay in November. I've never been in a moderate resort, only at all-star movies,music,sports so I'm super excited! It looks pretty awesome and the website above has given me lots of good info.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Excellent! I'll look that over :)
yeah...but fair warning.... if you're doing it at work make sure your volume is turned down...there's some sweet Mariachi music that plays in the background...your boss and coworkers may look at you suspicious...NOT that I know anything about that from first hand experience...just sayin that's all.............

Oh and welcome to the boards.

taz0162

Welcome to the boards. Sweet another person who refers Port Orleans - Riverside as Dixie (Landings)

We stayed at Coronado Springs in December/January. There are enough bus stops around the site to not have to worry about the size. During the day the park buses stop at the main building before heading out so jump on the bus to ride to the front if needed. I believe the Downtown Disney Bus was the only one that stopped at the main building first. We were next to the Dig site ourselves and loved it. It's the first time that I actually saw a wild Ring Tailed Armadillo running across the past into the bushes. The dig site pool has activites for the kids and my son loved the slide leading into it.

The Rix Lounge is pretty good but I enjoyed the bar outside next to the water. try a Rix Red Lager while you are there.

The resterant used to be buffet styled but switched over Jan 1st while we were there. The food is good and so is the coffee.

rsoxguy

As others have stated, the size of the resort does not really effect the access to the bus transportation. There are stops for the buses throughout. The stops are covered, so the sun should not be too grueling a factor as you wait.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
IMHO the best section of the resort is the ..... RANCHO'S love the themeing and the fact it is a nice distance from El Centro makes it more attractive for us

disneygirl1

CSR is my favorite moderate resort! We have stayed there several times over the years, with the most recent being last May. The resort is SO conveniently located to all the parks that it is no more then a 15 bus ride anywhere. The grounds are beautiful. The resort is big, but no bigger then POR. Just make sure you make a room request to ensure you are centrally located to the anemities that are most important to you. For us Cabanas 8A works GREAT! It is right across the sidewalk from the Dig Dite Pool (which we spent many afternoons at DS 11 loves that pool) the Cabanas bus stop is right there and its about a 5 minute walk to El Centro where the food court is located. Can not say enough great things about this resort.

Zman-ks

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Love this resort
75.gif

Good Report...Thanks for sharing.

oogravyoo

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great information..

This is one of those resorts thats crossed my mind from time to time but never looked into.. Im beginning to think I made a mistake lol.. Sounds Fantastic!

wannabeBelle

It is a great resort and you will have a wonderful time!!!! It is always at the tops of my list when selecting a resort to stay at. I love the Main Pool area and the whole flavor of the resort. As others have said, very picturesque. Have a great time!!! Marie

KCheatle

I would try your darndest to avoid The Ranchos section. We stayed at this hotel in September 2012. It was nice, except it was HUGE!!! We stayed in the Ranchos and walking to the cafeteria or lobby was like a 15-20 minute walk. It was terrible. I think we would have had a completely different experience had we not been in the Ranchos. Now we stay at the Wilderness because of its size and ease of access to things. If it wasn't for the shear size of CS, I think I would have liked it a lot more. But, I just really didn't like how big it was.

Zipadeelady

Good luck booking. I'm trying to get in for a December trip but they are booked! I guess we'll keep our reservations for POFQ. I won't be too upset though, It will give me another to book another trip so that we can stay at CSR :D

Have stayed at CS in 2010 and 2012. Really enjoy the resort. On our last trip my wife was pregnant so I requested the closest room to the food court. I did so b/c it is the closest to the main bus stop near the check-in. They booked us in the first building next to the bus stop. It was great. I forget the names of all the areas but try to stay at one of the two area on either side of the main building. ALSO Maya Grill was one of the best restaurants we ate at in a long time. The best Mexican food at Disney easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom