Coronado Springs?

rsoxguy

I stayed for a week this past Christmas. It's a big resort. For its size, they designed it well and the maintenance is well managed. It includes decent amenities such as a spa and work-out room. The place seems more "mature" than whimsical. (As an example, we usually put Christmas lights and decorations on our window when visiting for the Holidays at the All-Stars, as do others. Several people at CSR stopped to take pictures of our window because it was so unique at this resort.)

We found the bus service to be inefficiently slow and, in retrospect, should have used our car instead. The staff was typically "Disney nice", and the room's design and decor were nice enough. However, bear in mind that they are not necessarily decorated with kids in mind. We are diehard when it comes to hours spent at the parks, so our time at the resort was limited. I glanced at the main pool, and it seemed very nice. There is a smaller pool at a distance, but it looked to be no-frills.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I've made 11 trips to CSR over the years and I love it.

Besides having a great main pool area built with the kids in mind, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort. Since the resort is centrally located, the rides are short to the parks.

Upvote 0

Lucky

The main pool area is really nice - the best of the moderate resorts. You can see photos and get a lot more info at Buzz's great web site

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

We've stayed there several times and thought the bus service wasn't so bad - faster than at AKL and Caribbean Beach, but not so fast as at PO French Quarter.

edit: I see Buzz beat me to it. I'm not surprised.

Upvote 0

10Magic

My family and I absolutely swear by Coronado Springs! We've stayed elsewhere (Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans) and ALWAYS wished we were back at Coronado. The resort is big, but easy to navigate. The bus service is SIGNIFICANTLY better than most other resorts. I recommend staying at Casita Building number 4, which is right next to Bus Stop #2. Stop #2 is always the first of four stops, meaning you always get a seat in the morning, and you're the first to be dropped off when you're exhausted at the end of the day! It's about a 10-12 minute ride to Magic Kingdom, but a five-minute ride to the other parks. Since it's a convention resort, there's a smaller percentage of kids there than other WDW resorts. This is a good thing. The quiet pools REALLY are quiet! I've been the only person in the pool on many occasions. The main pool is big and magnificent. The rooms are the best of all of the moderates. The food, although maybe a notch below some others, is more than fine. You will not regret it!

Upvote 0

10Magic

I've made 11 trips to CSR over the years and I love it.

Besides having a great main pool area built with the kids in mind, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort. Since the resort is centrally located, the rides are short to the parks.
Buzz, As a fellow Coronado lover, I just wanted to compliment your awesome web site. It really makes me want to be there even more! I've taken a few really nice photos over the years that you're welcome to use if you'd like. Keep up the great work!

Upvote 0

liloohana

I agree with all!! We stayed there July 2011, and had actually gone on Buzz's website and had emailed him. He replied instantly and gave us even more detailed info...Thanks Buzz!!

Our children loved the pool and theming of the resort.

The only downside is how the "food court" is waiter service, but we ate most of our meals in the parks.

I tried to book the CS for our recent trip (3/12) and have been trying to book it for our upcoming trip (7/12) and have not been able to get a room-so it must be a popular resort!!

The rooms were bright, clean, and welcoming. The grounds were very relaxing and enjoyable to take walks through.

Hope you can get a reservation!! Enjoy your trip!!

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

One of the best things is that the rooms have queen beds, not doubles. Bus service has been typical, some times you walk up, the bus pulls up and away you go, other times you wait. The main pool is great, and the hammocks around the lake are a great way to relax for a little while. We stayed for a week last April, and another week just before Christmas. We would not think twice about booking again, we really enjoy our time a CSR. If you have a car it can be a quick drive over to Hwy 192 area for some shopping if you need anything, and easy to get to if you come in on Western Way.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Buzz, As a fellow Coronado lover, I just wanted to compliment your awesome web site. It really makes me want to be there even more! I've taken a few really nice photos over the years that you're welcome to use if you'd like. Keep up the great work!
Thanks magic!

I agree with all!! We stayed there July 2011, and had actually gone on Buzz's website and had emailed him. He replied instantly and gave us even more detailed info...Thanks Buzz!!

Our children loved the pool and theming of the resort.

The only downside is how the "food court" is waiter service, but we ate most of our meals in the parks.

I tried to book the CS for our recent trip (3/12) and have been trying to book it for our upcoming trip (7/12) and have not been able to get a room-so it must be a popular resort!!

The rooms were bright, clean, and welcoming. The grounds were very relaxing and enjoyable to take walks through.

Hope you can get a reservation!! Enjoy your trip!!
Not a problem, you're welcome!

The main pool area is really nice - the best of the moderate resorts. You can see photos and get a lot more info at Buzz's great web site

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

We've stayed there several times and thought the bus service wasn't so bad - faster than at AKL and Caribbean Beach, but not so fast as at PO French Quarter.

edit: I see Buzz beat me to it. I'm not surprised.
Thanks for the plug!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I think CSR is far and away the best of the moderates. Other than the fact that rooms are exterior entry, I think it's on par with a lot of the deluxe resorts. Others have already extolled the virtues of the resort, so I won't repeat them again. My only bit of advice would be, if you're not driving your own car, to request a room close to the main building (if you plan on using the amenities there).

Upvote 0

coltow

We picked this for our next trip mainly for the pool. We are traveling with kids that love to swim. I'm a little put off by what appears to be lack luster "disney" rooms, but when weighing our options room decor was not a prioirty.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom